500 and beyond

I believe I did see something incredible when I logged in today. 500 users? More than 500? I mean, registered users? Normally I don't go to the bottom of the page if I am not logging in. But it is nice to log in and be official about seeing what I may have missed lately. And there it was, a count above 500 for registered users. Even if there are a few repeats and test accounts, the number matters most. We are over 500! That means 500 people, more or less, give or take, thoght this board was worth the small amount of time it requires to become a member. I can't wait for 1000!

laurieheels; I must admit that reaching 500 registered members is cause for celebration. However, there still are 194 registered members who have not posted even one single message. That is almost 40% of our membership !!! I wonder why we have so many silent members in here? PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Wow - 500 members is certainly astonishing! And something like around 300 active members, according to PJ - that's great too. Well done all!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I fear most of them never will for that seems to be a telling statistic of board membership. I'm quite suprised we haven't got more people than 500. We had a ready made community of at least that number and the excellent facilities here are bound to attract more. I'd hope for 5 or more sign ups a day. There must be loads of shoe fans out there i only they could find us. Let's hope we don't become a victim of our own sucess.

When I was looking around two years ago it took me some time to find this board. It was not that easy to find. I keep searching on and off for new shoe sights most are new ones, but I do come across ones that have been around a while I never Sean before. So finding something on the net still requires some good old blood hound work. But 500 and steadily growing is a good sign. The more people find it, the more friends they may have to tell them about this board.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Agreed! I spend quite a lot of time looking for shoe stuff, and I can't remember where I found this board. Of course, that was nearly a year ago, but if I remember correctly, what I found was just an odd link off somewhere else. I remember being amazed by what I found here.

So, there probably are lots of people looking, but not finding us yet. Oh well, short of advertising, I'm not sure what we can do.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I found the link off of a search engine. And from time to time I went looking for Jenny's discussion forum. After that, I started posting more and more, and then, well... we can see where this has lead since the Meeting Place started up.

I think that was a omen for you on becoming a high heel goddess. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!