Wearing girl jeans – a parallel to wearing heels?

Rob

But one thing you need is the shaper panties with the silicone butt pads to make up the the extra room in the seat.

I wouldn't agree at all. Women's jeans work find with regular men's low rise underwear.

But by all means wear what you want under them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wear girls skinny fit jeans most of the time apart from at work, because I prefer the fit and the feel of them and you just don't get the same skin tight effect with guy jeans....well not that I have found plus girls jeans come with much nicer patterns and adornments far better that plain guy jeans....as to it been a parallel that is harder to tell as it is harder for someone tell that you are wearing girls jeans as it is not as obvious as when you are wearing HH's

• 1 month later...

Ever noticed Alloy? (www.alloy.com) They have plus size pants and jeans with inseams up to 37"! I just ordered a jeans there with a huge flair.

You might want to try Delias.com as well. Their jeans fit even better than Alloy, but they stop at 19/20. Also have inseams to 36 or 37 inches.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I just bought two new pair of jeans at JCrew - both white - one in something called "high heel flare" and the other in a style called "matchstick". The former were $20 and the latter were $30. The same cuts in regular denim were at least $70, including the markdown. SInce I happen to love white jeans, i went with them. JCrew doesn't size their jeans like traditional women's clothing. They simply put the wasit size on them. As far as the inseam goes, they are around a 32" I beleive. Also, none of their jeans have any extra padding. I psoted pictures of both. be for warned, though they aren't horrible, I really have no business wearing matchstick jeans - I just can't help myself sometimes.

post-5655-133522887323_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887325_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Very nice jeans HappyFeat :-)

If I would have to choose one, I would pick picture # 2.

I think our brains are connected because I bought 2 pairs of white jeans last week...

One is regular cut (real white) and the other is skinny (off white) with a matching belt.

Was wearing yesterday the shinny ones with a brown/white short sleeve blouse and gladiator's sandals.

You are inspiring me: I think I will create a new section in the gallery for my clothing ;)

with all my recent mountain biking and martial arts training, ive lost around 20 pounds in the last month, by fall i plan on losing another 30-40, i think i may start looking at womens jeans for my own wearing

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

Congrats and well done JohnCinheels :-)

A good idea to stay in shape, be healthy and a good oportunity to wear nice clothing.

I am sure you will find women's jeans more comfortable than men's jeans.

They also look much better and are available in more styles.

Only one suggestion: Try them in the store before buying !

Also remember the difference between junior's sizes (no hips) and women's sizes (with hips).

Like it has been said---several years ago I suddenly discovered that Womens jeans were more comfortable and fit better than mens jeans and also looked well with my womens boots for public heeling. Cheers-- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I found a couple of links that might be of interest. The first is from the LA Times:

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/jun/21/entertainment/et-quintanilla21

This is a blog where the poster makes some suggestion and covers many topics of interest:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/men-wearing-womens-jeans-t56028.html

This is from the Univ of Texas paper and discusses women's pants in general

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/2.8461/some-men-find-women-s-pants-a-better-fit-1.1256472

I found a couple of links that might be of interest. The first is from the LA Times:

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/jun/21/entertainment/et-quintanilla21

This is a blog where the poster makes some suggestion and covers many topics of interest:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/men-wearing-womens-jeans-t56028.html

This is from the Univ of Texas paper and discusses women's pants in general

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/2.8461/some-men-find-women-s-pants-a-better-fit-1.1256472

Excellent finds!

Greatings HappyFeat :-)

Great links ! I started to read the women's jeans blog and I was not able to stop !

I read a few pages from the beginning. I will continue reading near the end.

Curious to see to see the "evolution" of this blog over 3 years...

Curious to see to see the "evolution" of this blog over 3 years...

What really surprises me the most is how common it seems for guys to wear girl's/women's jeans. I would have never guessed it was popular enough to merit so much attention. I think it is pretty cool personally.

Here is the question that comes to mind for me, and I think really is Germain to the topic of this thread: I discovered women's jeans because I liked wearing heels already, so I wonder if there will be guys who find heels because of their love of women's jeans?

From my observation there seems to be a lot less resistance to men wearing women's jeans than other traditionally female items, such as heels. Maybe real in roads toward fashion freedom are being made. Just a thought.

...I discovered women's jeans because I liked wearing heels already, so I wonder if there will be guys who find heels because of their love of women's jeans?...

Very good point HappyFeat...

I guess 50% of all guys who replied to this blog where like you and

the other 50% will find heels because of their love of women's jeans.

This is a lot of potential male "heeler" isnt-it ?

I buy most of my jeans in thrift stores. There normally isn’t two of anything on the rack so each garment of interest has to be evaluated. Here is how I look through a rack:

• Length – I’m 6’ without heels so the jeans have to almost touch the ground when hanging on the rack or be noticeably longer than most of the others.
  • Style – I prefer a plain style without sparkles and shiny stuff.
  • Size – Most of the time I can judge the size by comparing it to the hanger. The stores where I most often buy stuff all use the same style hanger and once you tune your eye to how jeans that fit look in relation to the hanger you can save a lot of time. The sizing of jeans is as creative as the manufacturer. I have jeans from size 12 to 16 that all fit about the same.
  • Waist – Some jeans are with a waist that is much smaller than the hip and others have a waist only slightly smaller than the hip. Most men’s jeans are cut with the waist and hip about the same. If you have a very small waist you might be able to wear jeans with the tight waist but most guys can’t. The way jeans are cut is obvious if you look for it.

I use the same techniques when shopping for skirts, sizing by the hanger and watching the cut of the waist.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 4 weeks later...

I did a little shopping last week. I went to an outlet mall and found that Banana Republic was having a 50% off all women's sale items and found these jeans. They are gray, which I really loved, but BR only goes up to a women's 14, so they are a bit snug, though they do fit. Here's the best part - they were only $8! They are my first pair of BR jeans and I love them. They are fairly long, but maybe would work better for me with a lower heel. The attached picture shows me modeling them in my highest shoes - a pair of Baker's pumps with a about a 5 inch heel (including platform).

post-5655-133522889297_thumb.jpg

I did a little shopping last week. I went to an outlet mall and found that Banana Republic was having a 50% off all women's sale items and found these jeans. They are gray, which I really loved, but BR only goes up to a women's 14, so they are a bit snug, though they do fit. Here's the best part - they were only $8! They are my first pair of BR jeans and I love them. They are fairly long, but maybe would work better for me with a lower heel. The attached picture shows me modeling them in my highest shoes - a pair of Baker's pumps with a about a 5 inch heel (including platform).

Those actually look like they fit you quite well. And they look good on you too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just discovered another great place to buy jeans. Well it is new to me at least. I went to the Limited, a retail store that seems to cater to late 20 something early 30 something professional women. They were having a great sale and I just decided to check them out. Anyway, I bought a pair of clearance jeans for $25. Their style is 917, which sits below the waist, has roomy hips, and a nice boot cut leg. They are of very high quality. The Limited carries many styles of jeans and pants for different body styles in sizes up to a 14. They even come in lengths (short, average, and tall). The staff was quite helpful and even let me try things on. I have attached a picture of the jeans.

post-5655-133522892411_thumb.jpg

I just discovered another great place to buy jeans. Well it is new to me at least. I went to the Limited, a retail store that seems to cater to late 20 something early 30 something professional women. They were having a great sale and I just decided to check them out. Anyway, I bought a pair of clearance jeans for $25. Their style is 917, which sits below the waist, has roomy hips, and a nice boot cut leg. They are of very high quality.

The Limited carries many styles of jeans and pants for different body styles in sizes up to a 14. They even come in lengths (short, average, and tall). The staff was quite helpful and even let me try things on. I have attached a picture of the jeans.

Nice choice in jeans, they look good on you! And you got a good deal, can't beat that!

• 2 months later...

On a recent outing, I was back at The Limited. The service was outstanding! They were running a 40% off all denim so I couldn't pass these up...Limited 917 skinny jeans! When I asked about them the clerk told me they were very comfortable - which they are. These will go great with boots, heels and flats. The picture is actually wearing a pair of low 9 West loafers that just seem to go so well with the jeans.

post-5655-133522898787_thumb.jpg