Who has bought some new shoes

gj

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

The latest up for display are some shoes that I ordered right before I left the country for a couple of weeks. They came in the mail while I was gone. I would not have normally done that, but these red Steve Madden Ronni pumps came up in my Poshmark feed, and I really couldn't pass them up. I don't have any red pumps, and for a mere $18, I thought maybe it was time to try. I have this exact model in beige/nude, so I knew what I was getting. Or so I thought.

These roundish-toed single-sole pumps have 4 1/4" stiletto heels, and they are noticeably thicker heels, at 3/8", than most Steve Madden stiletto heeled models, such as the Daisie. They are pretty comfortable for what they are. I wore them about 3 hours yesterday at church. Now for the bad part--they were advertised as being size 9, what actually came was size 9 1/2. I thought it would be ok, but after about 20 minutes, it was obvious that they are too big. They might work well as-is worn barefoot, but with stockings they are clearly too big for me. Both heels were slipping with every step. Luckily, they are of such a design that this is merely an irritant, and not a showstopping embarrassment. If my pants had been a couple of inches shorter, that could have been a bad look, but I don't think anybody noticed. In fact, I got zero comments, which surprised me a bit given their bold color.

After getting home from church, I fiddled around with various inserts and techniques. I think they'll be ok in the end, but I sure wish stupid seller had gotten her ad correct. I would never have bought these if I had known they were 9 1/2. Still, I'm not giving up on them yet. I really like the color and style, and it's not like I paid $100 for them.

SMRonniRedFront.jpg

SMRonniRedClose.jpg

I had a pair that looked like those when I was 15.  Wore them out and it was a sad day when I parted with them.  I currently have a pair of Nine West red stiletto pumps with 4 1/2” heels that I wore to a restaurant yesterday.  

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

HappyinHeels.....    How you?  Like the pics, nice sandals....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

21 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Very deep red. Look good.

Yeah, the color was what sort of got me besides the price--it is definitely not tomato red. What you see on your screen might not be exactly the true color (the angle of the sun this time of year is giving me fits for taking photos after church, overcast days are much better for that purpose), but it's definitely more of a hunter red, with plenty of blue in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I'm posting in here yet again. The worst thing is, it won't be the last, I have a couple more pairs coming. Anyhow, these are my Steve Madden Varcityy purple suede pumps. I mentioned this elsewhere, but the camera doesn't see the color like I see it in real life. They sure look way pinker in these photos than I see them, but it doesn't much matter, I like them either way.

They are exactly the same as the black and tan shoes I wore a couple of weeks ago--4 5/8" heel that is plain plastic, i.e., not suede covered. Which is just fine by me, it's more resistant to damage that way. It is very skinny, at 1/4" wide. There was some wear on the heels, as if somebody actually wore these someplace in the past. I had to shoe stretcher them a bit to get them to be more comfortable, but not much. I think I'm getting a little bit better about managing such high heels. There were times when I actually felt sort of graceful. Maybe that's a good thing, since I have another pair just like it on the way in bright blue!

SMVarcityyPRClose.jpg

SMVarcityyPR:PR.jpg

• Like 4