Who has bought some new shoes

gj

15 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here are my latest. The brand is just fab. The heel Is a bit chunkier and measures in at five inches with no platform. These are quite high and difficult to walk in. And this coming from a guy who is comfortable walking in heels. I will definitely need to practice with these babies on my feet.

20231118_204209.jpg

I also have a pair of Just Fab sandals which are quite steep, but I find they are designed in such a way that makes it a bit easier than the numbers would suggest. I hope you have luck with these.

I ran across an eBay auction that I couldn't believe. A brand new pair of Jessica Simpson Dany Autumn heels, for a starting bid of $10. I put in a offer and I don't think anyone bid on them. I was surprised as Danys go for $75 and up. I think one reason they went unnoticed is the seller did not list them as Dany heels, just Jessica Simpson heels. Great heels, comfortable, the fabric, well, the whole shoe is a bit on the silly side. I love them!

JS Autumn.jpg

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up these Nine West Rocha3s for $20 on clearance. I love the almond toe shape but the toe box is a bit snug. Being synthetic, I don't see that improving much with break-in. I've worn them about the house for an extended period and I wouldn't call them uncomfortable but I wouldn't call them comfortable either.  

rocha3.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread. Part of it is because I swore off buying any new shoes for a while, and part of it is that I simply haven't shared every single thing I've bought.

On display this time are shoes that I have no idea why I bought. Well, yes I do know why I bought them. Believe it or don't, occasionally I just don't feel like wearing super high heels somewhere. These Born oxfords serve the purpose quite nicely. At 3 1/2 inches, they are just enough of a heel to feel like you're wearing heels, but low enough that you kind of feel like you're not wearing heels. Furthermore, the styling is evidently not too much of a jump, even for those who are kind of negative toward my fashion choices in general. I guess I have pushed it so far that when I dial it back a notch or two, I suddenly seem normal.

This is really my third time wearing these easy to get along with oxfords out, and they feel pretty much exactly like they look--boring, but functional.

BornOxfordsTop.jpg

BornOxfordsSide.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 4

Hi All,

I just ordered the JS Devalyn sandal which is basically a slingback version of the very popular Dany sandal that has been around since at least 2010. It should arrive in AZ about the time I fly back by the end of this week. The Dany looks and feels great but takes a bit to put on. A slingback offers a much faster on and off experience. I have some new flare jeans as a Xmas gift which should pair well with these sandals. I hope to post some photos once I get them since I haven't posted in a while and don't know if it's gotten any easier than before. I know sizing was always an issue for me as my phone wants to make everything way too large a file. We'll see. Until then Heels Up!! HinH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

Hi All,

I just ordered the JS Devalyn sandal which is basically a slingback version of the very popular Dany sandal that has been around since at least 2010. It should arrive in AZ about the time I fly back by the end of this week. The Dany looks and feels great but takes a bit to put on. A slingback offers a much faster on and off experience. I have some new flare jeans as a Xmas gift which should pair well with these sandals. I hope to post some photos once I get them since I haven't posted in a while and don't know if it's gotten any easier than before. I know sizing was always an issue for me as my phone wants to make everything way too large a file. We'll see. Until then Heels Up!! HinH

I totally get the easy on and off thing--perhaps that is part of the reason why I am so obsessed with mules. Regular sandals, particularly those with thin straps, can be very fiddly things indeed, especially for an old man like me. Fingers! Come on fingers! Work with me here!

The photo situation has not changed much. You are still limited to half a meg per post. I know that people have mentioned this on a number of occasions, but what I do is email photos to myself. On my particular phone, it automatically prompts you as to how big a file you want to send. Whatever software it uses to do this doesn't really affect the quality for viewing a normal sized photo on a computer screen. Perhaps you have something similar on your phone.

And just to be clear, I really prefer to keep my heels down. I find that when they go up, some unfortunate situation has occurred, which usually involves some level of pain. 😆😆😆 Good to hear from you again!

20 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Hi All,

I just ordered the JS Devalyn sandal which is basically a slingback version of the very popular Dany sandal that has been around since at least 2010. 

HNY HiH,

I was just looking at the JS Devalyn. I can't get my toe box in the Dany and scared that I might have the problem with the Devalyn. Tell us how they fit when you get them.

Picked up a pair of Sam Edelman Jildie heels from Mercari for about a third of retail. They're definitely tight in the toe box. But I love the look so I'll suffer a bit to break them in.  

91lv602vgKL._SY500.jpeg

download.jpeg

• Like 2

My White Mountain Spade came in today.  It was a possible replacement to my mild booties that fell apart. However, the vamp is to tight to get my foot in so its going back.

IMG_6977.thumb.png.1b7a643accd393f92934e6b6c1849a7e.pngHere are the JS Devalyn sandals I said I’d post. They are size 10. Bought a shoe stretcher and used it several times. Wore them several hours a day to break in. Love the way they look. Have pics in jeans but have to resize them. I would think mlroseplant would like these. 

Here’s the JS Devalyn sandal with jeans and a top for Christmas. You don’t have to do your toes but it’s more fun with shoes like this. HinH

IMG_7004.jpeg

Here’s the JS Dany sandal with some pvc pants. The sandal is the ganache color which is a chocolate brown. Size 10 and no stretching required. I’m wearing them barefoot with no fit issues. Very stable and will go with many outfits. HinH

IMG_6146.jpeg

Edited by HappyinHeels
Edit picForgot text
  • Like 7

On 1/17/2024 at 2:21 PM, HappyinHeels said:

Here are the JS Devalyn sandals I said I’d post. They are size 10. Bought a shoe stretcher and used it several times. Wore them several hours a day to break in. Love the way they look. Have pics in jeans but have to resize them. I would think mlroseplant would like these. 

Here’s the JS Devalyn sandal with jeans and a top for Christmas. You don’t have to do your toes but it’s more fun with shoes like this. HinH

Where was the devalyn tight?  I have been looking at these but I am concern that they might be TOO tight.

Cali, 

The sling back strap has an expandable part instead of a clasp with perforations for adjustment. By my definition the size 10 is a proper fit as there is 1/4-1/2” room front and back. The elastic strap seems right on my right foot so I’m stretching it in the vamp area as well as wearing them a few hours each day. If you really want them consider going a size higher than your normal size. Once I’m satisfied with my adjustments then I’ll take Devalyn out shopping or something like that. Hope that helps. HinH

On 1/17/2024 at 5:21 PM, HappyinHeels said:

IMG_6977.thumb.png.1b7a643accd393f92934e6b6c1849a7e.pngHere are the JS Devalyn sandals I said I’d post. They are size 10. Bought a shoe stretcher and used it several times. Wore them several hours a day to break in. Love the way they look. Have pics in jeans but have to resize them. I would think mlroseplant would like these. 

IMG_7004.jpeg

Here’s the JS Dany sandal with some pvc pants. The sandal is the ganache color which is a chocolate brown. Size 10 and no stretching required. I’m wearing them barefoot with no fit issues. Very stable and will go with many outfits. HinH

IMG_6146.jpeg

They look great with the levis!

• 5 weeks later...

The latest up for display are some shoes that I ordered right before I left the country for a couple of weeks. They came in the mail while I was gone. I would not have normally done that, but these red Steve Madden Ronni pumps came up in my Poshmark feed, and I really couldn't pass them up. I don't have any red pumps, and for a mere $18, I thought maybe it was time to try. I have this exact model in beige/nude, so I knew what I was getting. Or so I thought.

These roundish-toed single-sole pumps have 4 1/4" stiletto heels, and they are noticeably thicker heels, at 3/8", than most Steve Madden stiletto heeled models, such as the Daisie. They are pretty comfortable for what they are. I wore them about 3 hours yesterday at church. Now for the bad part--they were advertised as being size 9, what actually came was size 9 1/2. I thought it would be ok, but after about 20 minutes, it was obvious that they are too big. They might work well as-is worn barefoot, but with stockings they are clearly too big for me. Both heels were slipping with every step. Luckily, they are of such a design that this is merely an irritant, and not a showstopping embarrassment. If my pants had been a couple of inches shorter, that could have been a bad look, but I don't think anybody noticed. In fact, I got zero comments, which surprised me a bit given their bold color.

After getting home from church, I fiddled around with various inserts and techniques. I think they'll be ok in the end, but I sure wish stupid seller had gotten her ad correct. I would never have bought these if I had known they were 9 1/2. Still, I'm not giving up on them yet. I really like the color and style, and it's not like I paid $100 for them.

SMRonniRedFront.jpg

SMRonniRedClose.jpg

• Like 3