Who has bought some new shoes

gj

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2015 at 3:07 PM, aristoc said:

New shoes and new doors

Been busy fitting some new doors this week. 

Chopping out for hinges and breaking in my new oxfords. Feeling the strain after a few hours of lugging around 35kg doors!

image.thumb.jpeg.19ec2e67246191652a75fcb

Doors all stained and fitted. Good excuse to try my new pumps for size!

image.thumb.jpeg.d7033cefcb2793fd8207545

All 'seams' OK, so time to relax with a glass of wine and admire our new doors. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7899240b50cbc19ffc9e401

Love those heel oxfords they are my favourite. Can't imagine doing what you are in heels around the house must be very comfortable. Suppose you need a challenge or have strong ankles careful not scratching those heels.

Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, aristoc said:

They are both from Skyscrapers http://www.sky-scrapers.co.uk/index.php/ and made by the ex Leatherworks guys.

Thought about mentioning this brand on your 'heels over 5" and comfort' thread.

12 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

On the Oxford ankle boots are those the 5 or 5.5 inch heels. I am thinking of ordering a pair and really like the heel on the ones you have on. 

The Skyscrapers site does show some nice boots and shoes.   I see that, until 31 Jan, it is offering a 35% discount on shoes (code SHOES16) and 30% on boots (code BOOTS16).   (One hopes that the heels are not also reduced accordingly!)    

I also note that its products are stated to come up small and buying one size larger than normal is recommended - so anyone wanting the largest advertised size (UK12 = Eu45) might have to be careful - especially as UK12 is more normally Eu46.   Why doesn't Skyscrapers describe the sizes accurately if it admits to them all being small?

2 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

On the Oxford ankle boots are those the 5 or 5.5 inch heels. I am thinking of ordering a pair and really like the heel on the ones you have on. 

Both the oxfords and pumps are 5.5" heel.

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

Why doesn't Skyscrapers describe the sizes accurately if it admits to them all being small?

It's always so difficult to advise on size/fit between manufacturers/styles as it's such a personal thing. I have a few pairs of Skyscrapers, and personally have found them fairly accurate to ladies sizing, at least in my size UK8/EU41. I do however prefer my heels a snug fit, and when new generally feel too small, but soon feel fine after a bit of use......they are all leather uppers so this helps. Perhaps need to watch the width as they are a ladies last after all! Half sizes are available on all their range which is a bonus....the oxfords and a pair of knee boots I have are UK8.5....useful as I have the option to  wear socks with these when cold. I'm a UK9 in men's 'boats' by the way. :smile: 

8 hours ago, stiletto15 said:

Hello

This are my first pairs of high heels. Brand is 1969.

For a first pair you certainly did pick a stylish pair.  That very narrow heel and long pointed toe look fine but may present a problem when walking in them especially for the first time.  I suggest getting a milder style with a broader heel and an less pointy toe and become comfortable and graceful walking in them and then come back to this pair.  Boots are easier to walk in then pumps. 

It is fun to look down and see your feet in a pair of pumps but it is even more fun to walk in them.

Get into this hobby slowly.  It takes time and practice to get it right.  But most important :Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:44 PM, wilecoyote said:

How is comfort?

I would say my Skyscraper shoes are comfortable......well as comfy as any 5.5" heel can be! The classic heel shape puts the centre of gravity nicely under your leg, so easier to walk in, and can be worn all day if you have the stamina. For anything higher I personally prefer something with a super arch such as Peter Chu/6 Inch Heels Forever.

17 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Stiletto15,

Welcome to this forum! Those are serious heels (and toes) on those pumps! Heed TBG's caution and be careful when you walk in those. If you're not used to heels with long toes, they could trip you.

Steve

ok thanks :)

They are nice for a first pair. my first pair were 4" stiletto courts/pumps in black leather. You may broaden the style you like, like I and many others have.

i bought quite a few pairs of stilettos. Then brought thicker heeled boots as they are less obvious when wearing heels in  public.

• 2 weeks later...

These just arrived today.  I have been observing the forums for awhile and figured I would make my debut posting by sharing these.  The first pair are Andres Machado T-Bar Wedges and the second pair are Pleaser Beau Wedges.  Size 13 and 12 respectively.

large.0066.JPG.46ff0c40cf480f44953eb26a9large.0064.JPG.1a8244f8e2f0942684e4198fe

• Like 2