Who has bought some new shoes

gj

12 hours ago, Lime15 said:

Great pair of executive style heels with some edge.  ...

'Executive style'?   I'm hard pressed to think of any business (outside pure fashion) where shoes like this would be acceptable.

LIme,

Good to see you posting again. Nice pair of booties, but I looked on the Torrid.com web site and I didn't find them listed anywhere. They must have sold out, so there is no chance of seeing if they publish your review, but it's a good review nevertheless. Enjoy wearing the new acquisition (and get a pedicure to make them look spectacular!).

Steve

3 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

LIme,

Good to see you posting again. Nice pair of booties, but I looked on the Torrid.com web site and I didn't find them listed anywhere. They must have sold out, so there is no chance of seeing if they publish your review, but it's a good review nevertheless. Enjoy wearing the new acquisition (and get a pedicure to make them look spectacular!).

Steve

I have no desire to color my nails. I trim and file them myself and that's how I like it.

@MackyHeels - I know you were not too happy with most of the feedback over your Givenchy heels.  I mean if you have that kind of money to burn and you like them, then go for it, but you asked for opinions and you got that.  You have to admit realistically they are a bit odd looking... and for that price, it just didn't make sense to most of the people around here.

Your next comment said they are good for a guy that is shy about wearing heels in public.  Honestly, if that is the case, a guy is much better off starting out with a 3 to 4.5" chunky or block heel boot with a round toe.  Yes, they are a bit less exciting than a 5"+ spike heel pump, etc, but I recommend wearing those type of boots for a while out until a guy is comfortable in public, then decide if they want to take it up a notch so to speak. 

Chunky boots are always my fallback choice and are super easy to wear out with confidence and with virtually no one ever looks at them funny, and when I do feel more adventurous, I sometimes wear something a bit more exciting.  Anyway, not trying to say anything snide or anything, just trying to help.  Cheers.

11 hours ago, hhboots said:

@MackyHeels - I know you were not too happy with most of the feedback over your Givenchy heels.  I mean if you have that kind of money to burn and you like them, then go for it, but you asked for opinions and you got that.  You have to admit realistically they are a bit odd looking... and for that price, it just didn't make sense to most of the people around here.

Your next comment said they are good for a guy that is shy about wearing heels in public.  Honestly, if that is the case, a guy is much better off starting out with a 3 to 4.5" chunky or block heel boot with a round toe.  Yes, they are a bit less exciting than a 5"+ spike heel pump, etc, but I recommend wearing those type of boots for a while out until a guy is comfortable in public, then decide if they want to take it up a notch so to speak. 

Chunky boots are always my fallback choice and are super easy to wear out with confidence and with virtually no one ever looks at them funny, and when I do feel more adventurous, I sometimes wear something a bit more exciting.  Anyway, not trying to say anything snide or anything, just trying to help.  Cheers.

Not complaining but thought my choice was bit intriguing.

Do wear three inch cuban heel booties for that Friday night or Saturday dressed up look be it doing errands or whatever. Find more woman wear heels on those days then any other. Yes a cuban heel bootie isn't really looked upon as a stiletto five inch heel. Woman told me at the store when buying my first wishbone booties that  anything over three inches is difficult to stand or walk. In my mind four inch heel is plenty or high  enough. When you wrote five inch heels just amazed on nonchalant attitudes about heel heights on the board...

Did go to discount store looked upon some Ivanka  Trump four inch heel block booties... Didn't like the color but when i noticed these Guess bootie i thought of this board.. Almost wanted to try them on seeing they had my size. Yet i passed on it thinking where could i possibly wear heels like that. Then thought the attention would be to dramatic for suburban people seeing me walking int a mall... 

Although i do notice a pattern for awhile in my neighbourhood stores  late in evening such as walmart or Marshall's... See a particular type of posh older asian woman wearing five inch heel booties and enjoying wearing such styles. Always spot these females shopping alone but excited wearing there heels almost contagious from their demeanour. Do notice they don't pay any attention to me but i see fulfillment in their stride... Even when we both are looking at the same clothes seeing her excitement spotting from a distance walking over alongside myself.

Amusing encounter i had was a asian woman was buying a hat from the men's section and she asked me if what she picked would fit a male or child... Couple times woman have been confused if they were shopping in the female section seeing me all dressed up looking feminine. From a distance in the store woman believe i'm a woman shopping until getting face to face .  Suppose platform heel like these wouldn't hurt....   

ZGS1188_DOUBLE_LG.jpg

g-by-guess-black-womens-denver-lace-up-dress-booties-product-1-21611936-1-023488881-normal.jpeg

Rag-bone-Stanton-polished-leather-ankle-boots.jpg

MackyHeels:   Your comments are interesting but not easy to follow; I guess English is not your first language.   This may well be the reason for your footwear preferences and wearing suggestions being misunderstood on both sides.   And please separate your response from the post it refers to.

What is the significance of the three boots you now show?   Are they boots you own and wear, or would like to have, or just illustrations of what you think is appropriate or otherwise for men to wear in public?

On 12/1/2015, 1:22:14, hhboots said:

Just looking for a more relaxed look with heels. Find the high heels become to formal when wearing them as everyday shopping attire.

The two black guess bootie heels is an example of the type i seen at the store. The other rag & bone bootie is the style i see often when i'm out shopping on woman.. Either one i like just examples of the heel styles i better post then describe...

Just to illustrate below of more dressed up look first two pictures and last  while the middle is more casual which i enjoy dressing.

Kendall-and-Kylie-Jenner-Shopping.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-07-28-at-5.33.07-PM.png

DSC_00821.jpg

Thought I would share with everyone my growing collection of 1969 brand stilettos. These are incredibly comfortable. Did wear the blue heels to dinner with my with last week and we sat at the bar in high chairs in a very well lit room. No comments but plenty of glances. These are currently on their second set of heel taps, but the when we went out the metal nail from the 1st set was very audible.

:)

PC050001.jpg

PC050003.jpg

PC050004.jpg

PC050005.jpg

PC050006.jpg

PC050007.jpg

PC050008.jpg

PC050002.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MollyFabs said:

I just received these beauties from avheels, I'm in loooove with this hot red color! Despite 6 inch height they are incredibly comfy! Can't wait to show them to everybody!)))))

Sorry, but that 'glued on' platform spoils the appearance completely; they look almost orthopaedic!

Just now, Puffer said:

Sorry, but that 'glued on' platform spoils the appearance completely; they look almost orthopaedic!

Nice color... but I agree with Puffer

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 30/11/2015 at 11:18 PM, Puffer said:

'Executive style'?   I'm hard pressed to think of any business (outside pure fashion) where shoes like this would be acceptable.

I guess it depends where you work - at all the offices I've worked in a lot of the women would wear some kind of high heel sandal during the summer. This pair would not be out of place at al.

1 hour ago, CStuff said:

I guess it depends where you work - at all the offices I've worked in a lot of the women would wear some kind of high heel sandal during the summer. This pair would not be out of place at al.

Certainly, 'some kind of high heel sandal during the summer' would, if conventionally styled, be accepted (or at least tolerated) in most offices, but those shoes - an unholy mix of boot, shoe and sandal - are not discreet enough to be worn in any sort of formal setting by a woman who is (or aspires to be) an 'executive'.

Finally found a pair of 120mm pumps at a significant discount at a Saks Off Fifth. I'd been considering Louboutins but could not get over the $700 price tag. These are Jimmy Choo Anouks in Acid Yellow. The color looks better in person, and I suspect by the time I am conditioned enough to wear these in public I will be able to sort out an outfit that works. The size is 40.5, and the toe area is snug, but I suspect the leather will fit my feet perfectly soon :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 14/12/2015 at 9:33 PM, Rockpup said:

Finally found a pair of 120mm pumps at a significant discount at a Saks Off Fifth. I'd been considering Louboutins but could not get over the $700 price tag. These are Jimmy Choo Anouks in Acid Yellow. The color looks better in person, and I suspect by the time I am conditioned enough to wear these in public I will be able to sort out an outfit that works. The size is 40.5, and the toe area is snug, but I suspect the leather will fit my feet perfectly soon :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fantastic style :)

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:33 PM, Rockpup said:

image.jpeg

Those are seriously nice pumps Rockpup. Love the colour and the style makes the heel appear taller than 120mm....clever. Hope you find an outfit to set them off.

New shoes and new doors

Been busy fitting some new doors this week. 

Chopping out for hinges and breaking in my new oxfords. Feeling the strain after a few hours of lugging around 35kg doors!

image.thumb.jpeg.19ec2e67246191652a75fcb

Doors all stained and fitted. Good excuse to try my new pumps for size!

image.thumb.jpeg.d7033cefcb2793fd8207545

All 'seams' OK, so time to relax with a glass of wine and admire our new doors. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7899240b50cbc19ffc9e401

• Like 3

For the non metric folks that's a 77 pound door.  Regardless, those are serious doors.  A while back I was loading 2x4s and bags of cement while wearing my thigh boots with 5 1/4" stilettos.  Other than looking good, I resolved not to do that again as it was a little hard on the calfs and the heels.

However, the oxfords really do look good as do the pumps (and skirt).  The real question is how did you manage to keep your nails in such good condition after the manual labor?

Enjoy your heels (and wine) :fine:.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks. Don't think I'll get on many construction sites in my oxfords though.....not exactly safety shoes!

Agree, difficult to preserve nails, but soon grow back. I find joinery work ok, apart from sanding, but general building instantly destroys them! Keep them short anyway over summer as do lots of sailing. 

Great pics. Nice doors. Great heels.

Sailing eh? What a great way to spend time. As the 'ratter'  said "nothing as good as messing about in boats" 

me, im getting all restless. Normally at this time im getting all anxious about the start of sydney hobart. But this year im not doing it and im just as bad, moping aroung kicking the dog. 

Regards

James

I assume fire doors, Aristoc, given the weight?   I recently installed five fire doors myself - found it helpful to make up a simple jig (thin batten) with the hinge positions (3 per door) scribed on it. Then just a question of transferring those marks to each door and frame and routing/chiselling the hinge pockets, knowing that everything would line up - and it all did!

I didn't wear heels whilst working - too much danger of bumping my head in the doorways!

Sydheel

Ooooh! nice.....Sydney Hobart Yacht Race.....serious racing.

We only mess about in small stuff - Dart catamaran (similar to your Hobie cats) and windsurfs. 

Puffer

Not fire doors, just bl....dy heavy. Also went with 3 hinges per leaf.

Good tip with the batten jig.