Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Nice heels all, ILK.  But while I agree with your assessment of the BCBG heels being a "bit too lady like", they are my favorite of the group.  I love the toe box and the small bow is just the right ornament.  So buy a pair of those for your lady instead!  I'm sure they'd look fabulous on her!  

BTW, are those size 11?  Are they still available?  

No need to buy her anything, I gave her those. Were the same size ;) .

They are size 10 and fit like a 10, not small, not narrow, great fit.

I dont know if they are available still. The name/model inside is " PL-Casablanc "

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

A couple new pairs of sandals came in today.  It's strange how my preferences change over the years as not too long ago I detested heeled sandals or even most open toe heels for that matter.  I've embraced the style more and more and as long as I think my feet look good in my choices of said style, they're a type of shoe I don't see leaving my closet. First pair is from Shoe Show.  I liked how these look and always wondered how this type of minimalist heeled sandal would feel to wear but never cared to purchase a pair.  With a combination of a sale and coupon code these were less than $13 shipped so I couldn't say no.  They're a tad bit tight around the toes but have already loosened up quite a bit and aren't bad at all.  I probably won't wear them a ton but when the first heat wave rolls around I may change my mind.

Second pair is the Brash "Meridian" sandal, a shoe I was taken by the first day it was available on the Payless website.  I went for the cognac color as opposed to black and as pictured on the product page, the finish is a little blotchy.  Not a huge deal but I do wish the dyeing was a little more consistent.  What surprised me about these shoes is how soft and supple the straps are.  These are easily some of the most comfortable heels I've ever worn.  I hear "they feel like flats" about certain heels a lot but with these, at least for me, that's exactly what they feel like.  It's like wearing a pair of trainers.

post-19684-0-54256900-1398815894_thumb.j

post-19684-0-15558900-1398815902_thumb.j

post-19684-0-34349800-1398815913_thumb.j

post-19684-0-33248500-1398815920_thumb.j

Mr Lime….  How you??  Like your sandals!!  They look really nice.  I have pair of sandals similar to the black ones, thin strap across the toes, very minimal.  They look nice and are fun to wear.  

Haven't heard of Shoe Show.  I checked their site, they have some nice looking shoes there.

Have fun in your new sandals, I was out today in a pair of wedgie t-strap thongs - fun….  Take care sf

…..and….  are you going to write a review of you new sandals???  

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Mr Lime….  How you??  Like your sandals!!  They look really nice.  I have pair of sandals similar to the black ones, thin strap across the toes, very minimal.  They look nice and are fun to wear.  

Haven't heard of Shoe Show.  I checked their site, they have some nice looking shoes there.

Have fun in your new sandals, I was out today in a pair of wedgie t-strap thongs - fun….  Take care sf

…..and….  are you going to write a review of you new sandals???  

Thanks SF!  I'll get around to reviewing the Payless heels eventually.  Their website is irritating me right now so I have less desire to push business for them at the moment.

I also got another new (to me anyway) pair of heels yesterday which surprised me as I wasn't expecting the shipment to arrive until sometime next week.  These are Torrid platforms from a few seasons ago in red patent. Earlier when I was commenting on how much I used to like Torrid's styles these were the type of shoes I was referring to.  One minor scuff on one side of the uppers but other than that they look as if they were brand new.  It's not all that uncommon for new orders from Torrid to have damage like that so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.  These are 12W and fit really well and are quite comfortable. Torrid could be getting my money for shoes like these instead of me buying them second-hand.

post-19684-0-41792400-1398969790_thumb.j

post-19684-0-92625100-1398969796_thumb.j

post-19684-0-49704900-1398969805_thumb.j

I like your new red pumps, Lime15. I have the same style, from Target, that I got on sale, last fall. I like the red look and they fit me well.

Enjoy wearing your new red pumps. I know that I like to wear mine!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Cool pumps, Lime15! It takes a special brand of boldness to wear red shoes, and yours are sharp! Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Lime15, I dig that style too. I have them in black patent and blue suede. On the day that I decided that I was going to start wearing my heels out and about I took a long lunch, went to torrid and bought the blue suede pair, and went to go have coffee in them.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I've bought two new pairs of sandals, both of which are Söfft brand, and both of which are duplicates of shoes I already own, but in a different color, in this case, tan. I'm absolutely crazy about both these pairs, they are so comfortable. In photo order, the model names are Belicia and Calvados. Well, the second pair are not Calvados, but they have the same base and heel of Calvados. I don't know the model name of these exact shoes. I only know that they are super comfortable, like wear to Disney World comfortable, and that I can actually run in them at a pretty good clip.

post-19325-0-49859100-1399261890_thumb.j

post-19325-0-89031900-1399261993_thumb.j

post-19325-0-71130100-1399262188_thumb.j

post-19325-0-57356300-1399262219_thumb.j

Those sandals look great, Mlroseplant! I like your fashion taste a lot. I have some Born sandals with a 4" cone heel that are not too different from the second ones, and I love wearing them. A small platform like that looks great and is easy to walk in.

We need to meet in person someday and share shoes and stories!

Steve

I've bought two new pairs of sandals, both of which are Söfft brand, and both of which are duplicates of shoes I already own, but in a different color, in this case, tan. I'm absolutely crazy about both these pairs, they are so comfortable. In photo order, the model names are Belicia and Calvados. Well, the second pair are not Calvados, but they have the same base and heel of Calvados. I don't know the model name of these exact shoes. I only know that they are super comfortable, like wear to Disney World comfortable, and that I can actually run in them at a pretty good clip.

Nice looking, Sandals. I have similar pairs in other brands, but have a pair of Sofft in, Peony Pink, just like yours. They are very comfortable to wear, and I like wearing them with hot pink or fuchsia colored ensembles.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Lime15 : Those red shoes arent bad. Good choice!

Thank you very much!  

I like your new red pumps, Lime15. I have the same style, from Target, that I got on sale, last fall. I like the red look and they fit me well.

Enjoy wearing your new red pumps. I know that I like to wear mine!

Thanks!  I've been looking for a pair of red pumps for awhile and when I saw these in a style I had (and purged away) years ago I knew I had to have them.  

Cool pumps, Lime15! It takes a special brand of boldness to wear red shoes, and yours are sharp! Bravo!

Thank you as always my friend!  

Lime15, I dig that style too. I have them in black patent and blue suede. On the day that I decided that I was going to start wearing my heels out and about I took a long lunch, went to torrid and bought the blue suede pair, and went to go have coffee in them.

Thanks!  I think I actually read a thread where you posted about that a long time ago when I was an HHPlace lurker before registering and joining in.

No need to buy her anything, I gave her those. Were the same size ;) .

They are size 10 and fit like a 10, not small, not narrow, great fit.

I dont know if they are available still. The name/model inside is " PL-Casablanc "

Same size?  Really?  I hadn't caught that before.  You are one lucky guy then, being able to share heels for two!

I was looking at Target's web site 3 weeks ago and found their Lynde Block Heel Sandals attractive, so I took a chance and for $29.99 I bought a pair in tan. They arrived a week later. I've been wearing them frequently and they feel pretty good, but I haven't broken them in fully yet. I wear them to work, but most of my work is sitting down rather than standing or walking, so that doesn't help to break them in. Anyway, I posted a review under the name Steve here and they printed it under the tab "guest reviews." Since that web site will disappear when the shoe is sold out, I post the review here:

"I wear sandals as much as I can, and I really like heeled sandals. When I saw this style on Target's web site a couple of weeks ago, I liked the look and decided to order a pair in brown. They arrived about a week later, and I could tell the moment I put them on that I was going to wear them a lot this summer. They go great with my long Merona bootcut jeans which I bought at Target last season and wear all the time. These sandals are well made. They have a 3 1/2 inch stacked heel in s ize 11 and the arch is in the right place for me. I have bunions and not all sandals are comfortable, but these are. The straps, while not leather, do stretch and fit well. The functional buckle is attached to an elastic piece that stretches to keep constant tension on the instep strap so it's always comfortable while walking or sitting. I was concerned that the back strap would slip down off my heel, but no, it stays on very well. The non-slip sole is a real plus for safe walking on marble or vinyl floors. The color is a very nice light to medium brown, and the smart-looking stacked heel is very stable because the bottom surface measures 1 3/4 inches both front-to-back and side-to-side. Because the sandals are inexpensive and not leather, they're perfect for wearing in inclement weather and I won't worry about getting them wet occasionally. And I like them so much I'm ordering them in black, too! Thanks, Target, for making these in larger sizes for customers like me!"

After I bought them, naturally the price came down to $23.99, so I bought them in black too. I'm going to have a fun summer!

Steve

post-4071-0-91453400-1399587404_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-84110000-1399587513_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-70094400-1399587540_thumb.jp

Same size?  Really?  I hadn't caught that before.  You are one lucky guy then, being able to share heels for two!

There ARE drawbacks. It means shoes wear twice as fast, thus I buy some styles that seem ' bland ' so as she wont wear them and I will have something that actually lasts a while ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

My mad passion for wedges continues as I just ordered these from Payless:

The "Margaret" espadrille in white which I'm dying to wear with a new whit skirt I bought last Saturday

Posted Image

And the "Kelly" peep toe wedge in black

Posted Image

As always, once I get them, I'll be sure to show them off!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hey All,

Haven't been here in a while as I was Out West with my wife's family in northern Mexico. Bought some shoes on the long trip back to Wisconsin. Here's what I got;

The first pair I got at Charlotte Russe at Arrowhead Center in Phoenix, AZ, the second and third pairs I got at NineWest and Steve Madden respectively at Cherry Creek Mall in Denver last Saturday night the 10th. I wore bootcut jeans and my Cecilia wedges from Bakers into the mall and then wore the the Nine West wedges to a movie later Saturday night. We all woke up Sunday morning to about 2" of snow in Denver as a strong cold front moved through.

Now I'm back in the coolness of the Upper Midwest and the mantle of clouds. Why the hell did I come back?? Oh, yeah, that little detail called work. Then again the work pays for the heels so not too bad I guess.

HappyinHeelspost-3654-0-30608600-1400108848.jpgpost-3654-0-22021800-1400108859_thumb.jppost-3654-0-45787600-1400108872_thumb.jp

Hey All,

Haven't been here in a while as I was Out West with my wife's family in northern Mexico. Bought some shoes on the long trip back to Wisconsin. Here's what I got;

The first pair I got at Charlotte Russe at Arrowhead Center in Phoenix, AZ, the second and third pairs I got at NineWest and Steve Madden respectively at Cherry Creek Mall in Denver last Saturday night the 10th. I wore bootcut jeans and my Cecilia wedges from Bakers into the mall and then wore the the Nine West wedges to a movie later Saturday night. We all woke up Sunday morning to about 2" of snow in Denver as a strong cold front moved through.

Now I'm back in the coolness of the Upper Midwest and the mantle of clouds. Why the hell did I come back?? Oh, yeah, that little detail called work. Then again the work pays for the heels so not too bad I guess.

HappyinHeelsPosted Image301592546_218_1.jpgPosted ImagePG.NWLIENNA.JJU01I4.PZ.jpgPosted ImageSTEVEMADDEN-SANDALS_CHAYSER_COGNAC-LEATHER.jpg

Howdy HappyinHeels,

Wow, you were in Arizona, I would have loved to have connected.  Arrowhead is, however, on the complete opposite end of town from me - 45 miles away.  My MIL lives near there in Sun City so we make our way out there from time to time.

Great selection on the heels.  The first pair of wedges are to die for.  I wish they came just two sizes larger.

All the best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I just got a new pair of sandals in the mail, which I won on ebay.  I now own 11 pairs of sandals, and all but two (maybe three, we'll see) are for public consumption.

The new pair is Ralph Lauren, and they have a 4 1/4" heel with a 3/4" platform. Due to substandard pictures by the seller, they are both higher heeled and darker in color than I expected. I expected a very light tan color with about a 3 1/2" heel. Both surprises are good. I really think these are going to work out, but it's too soon to tell, as I have yet to wear them out. The last pair of sandals I bought from ebay didn't work out well at all, as they just didn't fit the shape/proportions of my foot. I have high hopes for these. I'll let you know soon.

post-19325-0-55643400-1400365327_thumb.j

post-19325-0-85619100-1400365343_thumb.j

Mlroseplant, I like those sandals. Let us know how you like walking in them and if you go out in public. Good choice. Steve

Hi Steve and everyone. I took these sandals out on their maiden voyage tonight, and I must report mixed results. I walked down to City Hall to pay my electric/water bill at the night drop box, a round trip of about two miles. That was inadvisable. As I may have mentioned before, I don't keep any shoes that I can't walk at least two miles in reasonable comfort. Usually, I don't do this right out of the box, and there's a good reason for that. Shoes generally need to be broken in some, and that is the case with these. The walk to City Hall was just fine, but within a couple of blocks after turning around to come back home, the straps over my toes on both sandals started chafing. That's a sinking feeling when you're far out, and have no choice but to continue walking home. By the time I got home, I had small blisters on both big toes. Not a big deal, but I can't say for sure that these are keepers yet. I'm certainly not planning on getting rid of them. I think after a few more wearings, they will be fine.