Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I bought my second pair of heels today, from Off Broadway, Nine West "Footproof" point toe ankle strap. I had gone looking for ankle strap, and luckily this is the ONLY true ankle strap heel they had. I hadn't really figured on a point toe, though I wanted one eventually. At the register I hear from behind me "He's got good taste in heels" when the cashier checked inside the box. For a slim instant I interpreted the remark the way one of us would hope, than read it in reality. I responded safely "I hope she likes them". The cashier offered the gift receipt, you can figure out the rest. I'm in it for the private enjoyment, no statements from me.

http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=DN&Dato=20100824&Kategori=SHOP&Lopenr=8240811&Ref=PH&Item=29&Maxw=560&Maxh=500

... when the cashier checked inside the box...

I remember that from some Payless shopping days. You do the best you can to be disreet, finally finding a pair you like, and carry them up to the cash register. Then the cashier has to open every box you have, sometimes pulling out and holding up the show, to make sure "it's the right shoe." Fortunately, you don't need to pay extra for that humiliation...

I bought my second pair of heels today, from Off Broadway,

Nine West "Footproof" point toe ankle strap...

Greetings rartist :-)

Very nice shoes. I hope they are not too narrow at the toe box.

Please tell us how they fit :smile:

Fortunately, you don't need to pay extra for that humiliation...

Greetings jwhite :-)

I am surprised to read your comment about "humiliation".

The first time I bought heels in a store, the cashier asked me if they were for a gift.

I said no they are for me. (Customers behind me heard my reply)

I did not feel humiliated in anyway but I was very nervous.

Did you feel humiliated the first time you bought heels in a store ?

If so, can you tell me in what way or why ?

I just bought these as my new "coming out" boots. I havent been heeling much since I moved back, but I have been wearing womens jeans, ballet flats and ancle boots with a small wedge hell, so I decided that people wouldn't be to shocked over these. Even with the heel they actually look less feminine than my ancleboots. Normally I don't dare to try them on where I live, but inspired by the many expiriences around here, I decided to be a little bolder and tried them on. Unfortunately the sales clerk was too embarresed to acknowledge that the boots were for me, even though she must have seen me trying it on and I was wearing my ancleboots. She gave me advise on how "she" should care for "her" boots. I guess I wasn' bold enough to correct her and she would probably just get more embarrased.

post-5478-133522962723_thumb.png

After somewhat of a wait these just arrived today! Very pretty red patent pumps featuring a triple layer bow on the vamp by Next, 4.5" heel, size 7 UK. The bows always do it for me and I really like the cut and comfy fit! I'm unaware of the style name as it is not on the shoe or box. I also purchased these in black patent. Thanks everyone for letting me share!

Those red pumps are absolutely adorable. I love thge patent and the bow is perfect for the shoe. Great choice!

I picked these up earlier today for $15 they are steve madden and are incredibly comfortable. I really needed a classic black pump and as my local filenes basement is going out of business I decided to check it out. These shoes were originally marked at $70 so I was pumped to get them so cheap. I tried them on in the store and only got smiles from the few women who saw me. After I went across the street to the womens store and got some great tights and a black and white skirt. It was a great shopping trip!!

Very nice plain black patent pumps. A staple for any collection, and I for one appreciate the lack of a platform. Much more sleek and feminine looking than most platform styles!

I picked these up earlier today for $15 they are steve madden and are incredibly comfortable. I really needed a classic black pump and as my local filenes basement is going out of business I decided to check it out. These shoes were originally marked at $70 so I was pumped to get them so cheap. I tried them on in the store and only got smiles from the few women who saw me. After I went across the street to the womens store and got some great tights and a black and white skirt. It was a great shopping trip!!

Great find! :smile:

Great shoes! Especially for the price you paid.

...Did you feel humiliated the first time you bought heels in a store ?

If so, can you tell me in what way or why ?

Poor word choice on my part. Embarrassed probably a better choice. Now a days, I'm not sure it would faze me (at least as much!). But 3+ years ago, first time buying in public, not a pleasent experience.

Makes me think of the scenes on tv and the movies, where a guy goes into a store, tries to discreetly buy some feminine hygiene products for his woman, and the cashier stops the hold, holds up the item, get's on the PA, and announces, "Mike, I need a price on the 48pk super absordant ..."

Where's my hole???

...Unfortunately the sales clerk was too embarresed to acknowledge that the boots were for me...

Very nice pair of ankle boots. They look great, I doubt out in public you'd get much if any attention. I guess it's not unrealistic to expect that some salespeople in women's shoe stores aren't too "hip" towards men buying heels for themselves. As long as she wasn't rude about it to you, probably juts better to dismiss it.

While checking out the new Payless styles at the online store I found some great new styles. So naturally Payless had an order to fill, they are.. http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10270&skuId=089386060&productId=69861&lotId=089386&category=&catdisplayName=Womens#l

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10270&skuId=092126120&productId=70722&lotId=092126&category=&catdisplayName=Womens#

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10270&skuId=091850080&productId=70731&lotId=091850&category=&catdisplayName=Womens#

I just received the order and all three pair fit great. Generally heeled sandals are a no no for me as I think my feet look "fat" in them. Next break in weather and my Luster sandals are going out. The T strap is just a bonus so please let me know what you all think of them.

Docs, Like those wedgies, they will be good for the winter. Like the ankle strap too, looks "cute" (can a guy say "cute"???) ha ha... How do they feel/fit?? Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Just bought these on Ebay. They are lovely! I tried them on and I immediately fell in love. I think they'll look great with some nice thights.

Very nice! I hope you enjoy the new shoes!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

While checking out the new Payless styles at the online store I found some great new styles...

Nice. What's that, about 15" of combined heels! What size do you take (wondering if at the largest size, they are even higher).

Also, anything to be read into the fact all 3 are sold out in size 13? Wonder if there was a surge of orders from hhplace members!

Let me preface this by saying I've never been all that much a fan of wedges. However, if you were to ask me why, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give you a decent answer, or even a half-baked one, wedges just didn't interest me. So what did I do today? I went and bought a pair, namely the Payless "Kylie" wedge pump. I have to admit that when I saw these shoes, they caught my eye, and since they were affordable ($26.99) and had found a pair in 13 wide (a rarity at Payless these days), so I went ahead and splurged. When I got home and put them on, damned if I didn't like them right away! The styling was quite nice, the round toe made them comfortable to stand and walk around in, and the patent-like look of the 3 inch wedge heel made the shoes look doubly cool! I'll admit it, I'm sold! And I plan to take these shoes, which BEG to be worn with a skirt on a jaunt real soon! Let me know what you think!

http://www.payless.com/images/490x490/091339_4_490x490.jpg

post-228-133522963171_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522963177_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522963179_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522963184_thumb.jpg

Let me preface this by saying I've never been all that

much a fan of wedges...Let me know what you think!

Very nice shoes indeed ! They are comfortable and quiet isnt-it ?

Glad to see you are now a wedge heel addict !

I agree they will look good with a skirt but temperature is getting quite cold.

What about wearing a nice pair of wedge heel tall boots with your skirt ?

(Please do not look at my lastest purchase here)

Nice. What's that, about 15" of combined heels! What size do you take (wondering if at the largest size, they are even higher).

Also, anything to be read into the fact all 3 are sold out in size 13? Wonder if there was a surge of orders from hhplace members!

I wear a size 12 women's. I did get the last pair of "T" straps they had . The heels do go up higher in the larger sizes. The styles I ordered went up about 1/4" from what was stated by Payless on the web site.

...The styles I ordered went up about 1/4" from what was stated by Payless on the web site.

That's surprisingly accurate! I have two pairs of ankle boots:

- one listed a 2 3/4" heel, it was almost 3/4" higher (sz 12)

- one listed a 3 1/2" heel, it was over 1" higher (sz 13)

I wonder if the smaller sizes are less than 5" heel height, or if they found a way to do constant height across all sizes.

Very nice shoes indeed ! They are comfortable and quiet isnt-it ?

Glad to see you are now a wedge heel addict !

I agree they will look good with a skirt but temperature is getting quite cold.

What about wearing a nice pair of wedge heel tall boots with your skirt ?

(Please do not look at my lastest purchase here)

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a wedge heel addict, but I'm coming around to understanding their unique appeal! As for the weather, I was fortunate in that temps reached into the mid 60's today which made wearing a skirt with the new shoes a breeze. I did see the boots and they are sharp! I wear those in a New York minute if they came in my size!

New silver peeptoe platform pumps. Last week while shopping at one of the area department stores, I was looking at the closeout shoes. I found this beautiful pair of silver peep toe platform pumps with a 3/4" platform and 4" heels. The best part was that they were originally priced at $69.95 and were marked down to $5.00. I was not able to try them on because I was in my work clothes. But I thought at that price nothing lost if they did not fit. They were a size 11 women's which is my size. I took them to the register and was greeted by a smiling clerk. She said that she liked those shoes very much, but they were two sizes too big for her or she would of bought them herself. Without even batting an eyelash she asked me what special event I was going to wear these shoes to? I said that I will find some place to wear the shoes to. (please read my post"Heeling with bluejay" of November 26, 2011) Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-14923-133522963271_thumb.jpg

Just bought these from priceless. Tey are due to arrive in one week.

Reading the comments looks like they are very small so I bought 1 1/2 sizes higher than my normal size.

If they fit I will definitely start using them out!!!

If you want a pair, this is the page:

http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/en/block-heel-lace-up-brogues-234711

post-32991-133522963368_thumb.jpg

post-32991-133522963374_thumb.jpg

post-32991-133522963377_thumb.jpg

post-32991-133522963379_thumb.jpg

I figured since I posted them in my adventures thread (with a post a mile long) I aught to show them off here too:

Background: Bought from the sales line at Miss Selfridge at the weekend.

Black "Slick" suede stilettos (£12 from £40 - I said £42 on my adventure post but a quick check of the sticker on the shoes showed otherwise!)

White "Slick Bow" suede stilettos (£10 from £38 )

The website says these shoes have a 4.5inch heel - measured, it's a cat's whisker over 5inch up the back.

Stunning to walk in, being the highest heels (without a platform) that I own. Pretty much every other pair of shoes I've got work out to around a 4 to 4.5inch heel arch, and that half inch step up to 5inch makes more of a difference than I'd have thought!

Chris

Just bought these from priceless. Tey are due to arrive in one week.

Reading the comments looks like they are very small so I bought 1 1/2 sizes higher than my normal size.

If they fit I will definitely start using them out!!!

If you want a pair, this is the page:

http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/en/block-heel-lace-up-brogues-234711

I am so glad oxfords are back in style. Nice choice, very cute!