High heels collection

cjveritas

How many pairs of high heeled footwear?  

394 members have voted

1. 1. How many pairs of high heeled footwear?

• 1 to 5
    • 5 to 10
    • 10 to 20
    • 20 to 30
    • 30 to 50
    • more???

As of late summer 2010 I have: 2 knee-high boots with 5-6" stiletto heels 2 ankle boots with 5.5" stiletto heels 12 wedge heel sandals with 4.5-7" heels 8 closed or peep-toe pumps with 5-6.25" heels 6 low platform sandals with 5-6" heels 6 high platform sandals with 6-8.5" heels TOTAL OF 36 high heel shoes and boots for me, all collected since 2000. My first pair were wooden platfrom sandals with 5" heels bought in 1978. HappyinHeels

I have : 22 pairs of Knee boots 18 pairs of mules 12 pairs of pumps 12 pairs of ankle boots 10 pairs of thigh high boots 15 pairs of sandals :):silly::):silly: Kiss Sab

• Like 1

High heels are the most exciting thing of life silly.gif !

I have :

22 pairs of Knee boots

18 pairs of mules

12 pairs of pumps

12 pairs of ankle boots

10 pairs of thigh high boots

15 pairs of sandals

:):silly::rose::silly:

Kiss

Sab

I'm impressed! I see that you're a lover of mules and thighboots Sabrina. Me too...I LOVE both styles!!:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 4 weeks later...

Lets see... One pair of black patent Overknees from Pleaser, 5-6" One pair of silver sandals (Modified!), 7" One pair of black patent Ballet Knee Boots Waiting for 2 months now (damn Manufacturing holidays!) Black Patent Pumps, 7" I think it will never be more than maybe ten or so. There aren't too much different styles out there that I like so much that I'd buy them :) I'm a bit choosy...

I have 4 pair of black boots, 2 pair of white boots, 2 pair of purple boots, 1 pair of red boots, 1 pair of bronze boots,1 pair of pewter boots, 1 pair of gray boots,1 pair of brown boots,1 pair of tan boots. All knee high and calf high boots.

I finally got my collection together and I never realized just how many I had,

All HHs in black. Should we call you "Men in Black"? :) I really like your collection ... that's maybe how mine will look like in a few years from now. Especially like in 002.jpg the first-row very right and back-row very right one. :) ... which brands are they?

All HHs in black. Should we call you "Men in Black"? :) I really like your collection ... that's maybe how mine will look like in a few years from now. Especially like in 002.jpg the first-row very right and back-row very right one. :) ... which brands are they?

Yes "men in black" would probably be a good description, though I'm not sure if that might be the Alien

The front right were from Matalan, last years collection, and the back right were from Newlook.

Some nice shoes in your collection. Why all black? and, where do you wear them?

Sorry I missed the multi quote !

"Why all black " good question ! I never thought about it before but I suppose nothing in any other color has caught my eye.

I mostly wear them in the house as I have been trying to brake out into public heeling for many years, with various degrees of success, from what I have read here over the years it's supposed to get easier, but I seem to start from scratch each time I venture out!:)

Have a Target gift card, 5 pairs this afternoon all 4 or 4 1/2 discounted over $75.00 plus free shipping, also a reminder this store is LBTG friendly, I have tried two pairs at lunch, bought new jeans and aqua blouse, then went back to work and ordered on line. regards

Wow, daniel, how long has it taken you to amass that collection? Do you wear them all or do they just sit in your closet?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wow, daniel, how long has it taken you to amass that collection?

Do you wear them all or do they just sit in your closet?

Greetings Bubba :-)

I think I began (seriously) buying heels around year 2003 or 2004.

None of my shoes or boots sits in my closet.

More than 50% them I now wear in public. ( It was not like that 1 year ago )

Boots with lower heels/wedge or no heels I wear fully exposed over jeans

Shoes with chunky heels/wedge any height I also wear fully exposed

The remaining (stiletto type) I wear around the house since they are a little bit too "girly" looking :)

But I admit the more "girly" shoes or boots are those which looks the best...

(I would really like to wear stiletto shoes and boots in public but my brain is "not ready" yet...:))

Tomorrow I intend to wear these http://www.hhplace.org/guys/15856-who_has_bought_some_new_boots-39.html#post256101 with black jeans to work.

• 5 months later...
I have to ask this question. Those with over a hundred pairs of high heels in their collection, how do you decide what ones to wear and how often do you wear them? Are there some you hardly ever wear or have hardly ever worn?

I stopped counting. I have 6 large boxes full of "summer season" shoes in the cellar, and about 8 boxes of "autum/winter season" shoes for using now.

I am the same way. I stopped counting and have about 5 large boxes. Infact I am starting to clear out the pairs that either too high, too geeky looking, or just don't fit into my fashion styles.

I just change my shoes every couple of hours through the day. That way I get to wear all the current favorites. Then every week or so, I'll pull out some shoes or boots from another cupboard and start to wear them. When I buy new shoes or boots, that sort of triggers a slight 'clean out' thought and I might throw out a pair or two that don't fit so well or that I don't enjoy. But it is not very rigorous, and somehow the number of shoes and boots in my collection just seems to grow :smile: My real focus is on new ways of storage rather than reducing my collection.

More than I can dump at Goodwill! gah... More than I can wear on a daily basis, that's for sure.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.