Yes, I know, I'll check in or something

Hi I haven't been on for 2.5 years. Apparenly there's still some remnant of my time here. Well, I figured I should at least say hello. About 17 months ago I sprained my ankle, and while I have healed, wearing heels isn't as easy. So I have to keep it to four inches or less. Sad, I know. I posted some shoes for sale, maybe someone wants a bit of history. It's funny, I haven't been around for so long but there are recent private messages sent to me from people. It's nice to be remembered I suppose. I am not sure I'll get to visit a lot, and hey, without my body's old super power of wearing sky scraping stilettos, I don't even feel like I'll fit in. But at least it is nice to visit and remember some fun times.

Hiya Laurie! I'm sure that with a bit of patience you will get somewhere near your old self again. Having said that, 4" is high enough to interest me!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hey Laurie -- It's great to hear from you again! We are sorry to hear about your tribulations but there is nothing wrong with 4-inchers. Please consider dropping by from time to time, you will always be a part of HHplace.

Have a happy time!

Hi Laurie. Welcome back. Its good to know you've healed from your injury. I hope your pride also recovers. 4 inch heels are adequate for many here. You don't have to be totally outrageous to attract attention from this group. Anyway, hope to hear and see more from you in days to come..

Hiya Laurie Its great to know that members like yourself are still around, especially when nobody has heard from you in over 2 years. I can imagine many were also worried about you too but its great to know your still around. I certainly hope you recover from what will only be a daily pain in the ass injury, and dont worry about what height you can comfortably wear, you should always put your health first. Anyway, no matter what you think, you'll always be exceedingly welcome here, even bare foot 8)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Never heard of her!! Who is this person claiming to be one of the old farts of the board?!? :unsure:8) Sorry to hear about your ancle though, it's like starting from scratch wearing heels again is it?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Gee, popularity. How unexpected. But familiar names, friendly faces, or avatars anyway, so, it might be worth peeking in here and there. But come on, I used to tower in six inchers and stand with straight legs, there has to be some strange thought on the loss of that, especially around here. I push myself, I know, and as much as I could probably push past the discomfort and stretch myself into my old goddess shape, well... I fear four inch heels will be it for me, and even then I know I need to train back to it for outdoor wear. Work is easy, there are escalators. 8) I'll make sure I don't wait another 2.5 years before posting again. How's that? :unsure: And Hoverfly gets a smack for the sarcasm :boxing:

Well hello Laurie! Nice to see you here again, although what has happened to your ankle is less than nice. It would be great to have you posting again here - like Richie already said: you're fun to have around. Take care!

Greets, Laurie. I haven't been around for awhile either. Just stopped by to see if I could link the comments of a certain member to another forum (femalefirst.co.uk to be exact) and low and behold, he's apparently been banned! 8)

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

LAURIE!!! It is sooooo nice to see that you are back. I, for one, have missed being able to post to you. You are very welcome to be back with us again. There are broken ankles and there are BROKEN ANKLES. Check out the "FYI-I'll be back shortly" thread, under Hellos and Goodbyes. Glad you are back.8) Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi Dawn! Well, back is a relative term I suppose. 8) I had my chiropractor check my ankle today when I went for my adjustment since it has been some time since anyone looked at it. He told me to max out my heels at two inches. I do kind of walk to the right instead of in a straight line at times, because my ankle is weak, thus, not supportive enough the more I strain it with a higher heel. He'll check again over the next few months and we'll see just how well it is healing. But I have been told it may take some time because of the scar tissue the sprain caused. He did a pretty good adjustment on it which should help, but there's no prediction of an if I can properly wear higher heels again, let alone when. So the occassional jaunt for a four inch heel, okay, but I'll need to go easy. I trust the guy, he has really helped my neck problems, so for now I don't see any reason to ignore his advice on this. Ah well.

Hi Laurie 8) Well you know I think 4 inches once in a while is fine. It's more than most people manage. It's all I manage nowadays anyway, I am playing too much sport I think. I never do like seeing the very high ones anyway. They are kind of out of proportion. I know there are many who would disagree, especially here, but I can't help being practical. Hope your ankle goes from strnght to strength!

Hi Laurie, and hello to everyone else too:smile: I just signed up and am trying to make my rounds and meet some of you wonderful people here. Hope to hear back and am looking forward to getting to know everybody a little better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Laurie, I haven't been on here for a while, but got a really nice surprise to see you posting again!!! I did start a thread here about a year ago, being concerned about your disappearance - please stay with us this time.... when you get the chance!!! Hope your writing is all going well too. I like seeing four inch heels. They may not be the highest when using a high heel forum as a baseline to compare to, but lets face it, four inch heels are very high in the real world, and three to four inchers about normal for girls who wear them to work all day every day. Here in Scotland, five inch heels are about the highest that's worn out and about. My opinion is that anything above five inches look less classy (and sexy) anyway. I hope your ankle continues to improve and that you'll get back into four inch heels every day sometime in the not to distant! Why not make a compromise for now between your doc's advice and your current max - wear three inch heels??! Believe me you would look amazing in them!!!! Thanks again Laurie :santa_hat: