High Heel Icons

Patent Red

Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?

• Victoria Beckham
    • Lorraine Kelly
    • Kate Middleton
    • Kate Moss
    • Elizabeth Hurley
    • Nicole Kidman
    • Tamara Mellon
    • Mariah Carey
    • Someone else?
    • No-one
    • Betty Page
    • I don't understand the question

I'm afraid it doesn't matter what Victoria Beckham wears or doesn't wear, she's Victoria Beckham. It's a NO from me... Sorry to be so ungallant, but, hey...

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@miltboot: You should see her feet and you would not write that euphoric. :-( There are lots of beautiful women annouced, I would really like to share the weekend (with or without heels), but these are not MY icons/ role models. As a man - wearing heels too - I think people like Prince, Lux Interior, some Metal Bands in the 80s, Rufus Wainwright, and so on are more icons for my point of view. Or remember "Brad Majors" alias Barry Boswtwick during the floor show. ... So - there are lots of hot girls in high heels, I really adore and would like to.... but my personal heroes are the male stars in heels.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

I'm afraid it doesn't matter what Victoria Beckham wears or doesn't wear, she's Victoria Beckham.

It's a NO from me...

Sorry to be so ungallant, but, hey...

No problem, Swollen. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am by NO MEANS a fan of Victoria Beckham. I was just acknowledging her commitment to high heels.

We sure are! The supreme fetish icon. Glamorous, warm, a perfect figure and a sense of sheer sexual drama which drips from every shot of Her. Can you tell I'm a fan?

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

My wife looks just like Bettie Page during her heyday. She has done look-a-like and modeling. We were at the Bettie Page Clothing Store in Vegas a few years ago and my wife came out of the dressing room and Bettie's business manager happened to be in the store and dropped a piece of artwork when he saw her. She has over 400 pairs of heels but unfortunately, she wears a 5.5 or 6 US and I wear a 10 or 11. I have over 100 pair myself.

I entirely agree with you cuttriss360, there's simply never been anyone to match her. Maybe it's something to do with the natural proportions of her legs to waist, bust and height, etc, but Bettie wore a pair of 5 inch spikes like no-one else. And of course she had an incredible natural beauty, too. I understand she was half-Cherokee? Whatever she was, I bow down to her!

I voted someone else. And that someone else would be our own Gina - Queen of Heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think it might be a good idea to split this pole into 2 catagories- Clasic High Heel Icons (pre 1970 perhaps) and Modern High Heel Icons (post 1970). There are outstanding beauties in both eras.

As high and beautiful as the heels Bettie Page wore were, I don't think she wore them outside of photoshoots. A true high heel icon wears them as everyday wear. I therefore voted Victoria Beckham. She even sticks to her Louboutins while pregnant.

As high and beautiful as the heels Bettie Page wore were, I don't think she wore them outside of photoshoots. A true high heel icon wears them as everyday wear. I therefore voted Victoria Beckham. She even sticks to her Louboutins while pregnant.

I agree.

I would go even further and say that an 'icon' also sets the trend for fashion and style on a world-wide basis, and has a measurable influence on many people's lives. Far more so, than say, promotional photographs or internet websites.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

My wife looks just like Bettie Page during her heyday. She has done look-a-like and modeling. We were at the Bettie Page Clothing Store in Vegas a few years ago and my wife came out of the dressing room and Bettie's business manager happened to be in the store and dropped a piece of artwork when he saw her.

Cassie J, my husband and I thought you re a very fortunate husband :)

Elegance is my second name

I have to nominate Someone Else (other than PiB) - Miss Gwen Stefani. I was drooling and dripping over her pics in Louboutins for almost three years before I noticed the absence of chest and rump bumps which are also high on my list of attractants. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I voted in this poll but nobody really stood out at the time I voted. But since that time I'd have to say Lady GaGa has certainly blasted onto the scene with her music, her clothes, and her amazing shoes. Some styles she has worn have have been incredibly gaudy and bad, but others have been as sexy as they are high. She reminds me of a cross between the creativity of Madonna and the wild outfits of Cher fused together for us in 2011. But this girl appears to have a big heart to match. One can certainly see the influence she has had in her brief time in the international light. Now to find out where can I find some of these wonderful heels????? HappyinHeels :smile:

• 6 months later...