High Heel Icons

Patent Red

Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?

• Victoria Beckham
    • Lorraine Kelly
    • Kate Middleton
    • Kate Moss
    • Elizabeth Hurley
    • Nicole Kidman
    • Tamara Mellon
    • Mariah Carey
    • Someone else?
    • No-one
    • Betty Page
    • I don't understand the question

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to nominate Dolly Parton.

so true. i heard dolly say it was a good thing she was born female because if she was a man, she would still be in heels.

also, you can always count on dolly to be wearing heels, and the highest she can wear!

the classiest woman out there in heels would have to be Loni anderson!

• 2 months later...

I voted Victoria Beckham and Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey probably pips it for me, but honourable mention must go to Gwen Stefani for her 8" pink platforms she wears on stage. She looks so comfortable in them to the point she can stride, jump and run in them - she proved it was possible and I have since learned how to do the same in my 8" platforms.

My wife looks exactly like Bettie Page (and she does look-alike work) and wears period clothing and extreme heels. I am so lucky!

CJ

Historically speaking Bettie Page is the standard to which all others must be judged. She was the first to really wear fetish high heels. Rumor has it she has been photographed more than even Betty Grable.

My wife looks exactly like Bettie Page (and she does look-alike work) and wears period clothing and extreme heels. I am so lucky!

CJ

Well,,, now,, We're gonna have to ask you to prove that statement soldier.

She just did a photo shoot. Here she is...

CassieJ, if you say that is your wife.....O.K., that's your wife! (to believe or not to believe, that is the dilemma! ....but, then again, ?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It is my wife. We have many more pics from the shoot but many are not for public consumption. The one I posted is tame. The shoot reproduced the Olivia paintings of Bettie Page and it came out really good. The photographer is cleaning up the photos now (dropping out the background, etc...) for her portfolio. If anyone needs a Bettie Page look-a-like, she is available and travels the US. CJ

Excellent strand, everyone. It certainly appears that as the discussion kept growing, a lot more iconic heelers appeared. I'm still partial to Dolly, Cher, Betty Paige, Ginger Rogers, you get the idea, though I looked through the strand (yes, all 9 pages of it!) and found no mention of Carrie Underwood. I mean...she usually wears boots up to her navel. Dan

my new vote is Valerie Bertinelli she really looks good after meeting Jenny Craig. On her latest commercials she is wearing some hot looking heels and it makes her look hot.

I've always thought she is hot even when she's not dressed up. She's working hard now to recover from "Karen Valentine/Sally Field syndrome". It's a condition that leaves a mature woman looking eternally "CUTE".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...