High Heel Icons

Patent Red

Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?

• Victoria Beckham
    • Lorraine Kelly
    • Kate Middleton
    • Kate Moss
    • Elizabeth Hurley
    • Nicole Kidman
    • Tamara Mellon
    • Mariah Carey
    • Someone else?
    • No-one
    • Betty Page
    • I don't understand the question

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on Gwen!!! :wave:

PS

Can i just say I think Kate Moss should be barred from the Vote due to the fact she has made those god awful Ugg boots a necessity for every spotty teenager!!! And wot is with Ugg boots and tracksuit bottoms, anyone else noted that in the UK, where has style gone!!! Not to mention flat boots full stop that make your feet look like lumps of steak on the end of tree trunk legs! Right rant over, sorry!! :smile:

PS

Can i just say I think Kate Moss should be barred from the Vote due to the fact she has made those god awful Ugg boots a necessity for every spotty teenager!!! And wot is with Ugg boots and tracksuit bottoms, anyone else noted that in the UK, where has style gone!!! Not to mention flat boots full stop that make your feet look like lumps of steak on the end of tree trunk legs! Right rant over, sorry!! :smile:

Tanya,

You've got a point there.....see these Ugg boots bahhh. It's getting worse in England

Anyway my vote goes for good old Tina Turner...

And Jessica Rabbit, if we also could vote for cartoon characters

FL

FoxyLady

I must agree with HiHeel. Paris Hilton is a terrible person, but she always wears breath taking shoes. Paris has very large feet, and therefor she is able to wear very high heels. Once she said : "if you don't want people to see that you have big feet, just wear very high heels".

Yes Paris does have BIG feet, and yes she does wear designer shoes. In fact a couple of designers custom make her shoes since they are larger than the rack shoes. But I've noticed that her feet are really not that attractive and she tends to abuse her shoes. Many times the heels of her shoes are tattered and that detracts from her put together look. I can't knock her totally though because I treasure all women with size 10 or better feet.

Yes Paris does have BIG feet, and yes she does wear designer shoes. In fact a couple of designers custom make her shoes since they are larger than the rack shoes. But I've noticed that her feet are really not that attractive and she tends to abuse her shoes. Many times the heels of her shoes are tattered and that detracts from her put together look.

I can't knock her totally though because I treasure all women with size 10 or better feet.

Well, I heard that Paris had her little toe removed so shoe could wear her fave shoes!!! Whether that is true or not i do not know. lol probably the too many girls mags i read!!!:smile:

Step way from the magazine! Reading Heat too much Tanya or whatever other gossip mags you read! :wave:

I'll let you know that Heat is a highly well researched and academic source of the most important information to woman...who is fat, who has been dumped, who has cellulite and who is wearing Louboutins..or UGG boots! Now if only the world was actually run by woman! :smile:

I'll let you know that Heat is a highly well researched and academic source of the most important information to woman...who is fat, who has been dumped, who has cellulite and who is wearing Louboutins..or UGG boots! Now if only the world was actually run by woman! :smile:

Good one Tanya, the world would be different. I'm pretty certain that we wouldn't need to hide what ever we wanted to wear....

Love

FL

FoxyLady

Of course there are many fine well-known ladies who are in the public eye and who are also great advocates of high heels. It seems that any list of high-heeled icons should include Dolly Parton. While I don't claim to know what Dolly's footwear preference is in her personal life, it can be noted that for the last 40 years she has consistantly worn higher-than-average heels in all of her public appearances, whether they be for television, movies, or onstage. I know of no one in the public eye who has worn such fabulous heels over such an extended period of time as has Dolly.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Is that how you class yourself?! :silly:

If it's read by Louboutin wearers then best I get a subscription to get an insight into their world!

I was at Chelteman horse races today and saw a girl tottering around in her 5" purple Louboutins! Only my 2nd ever sighting in the wild! :wave:

Honestly a girl can't have too many shoes!

Is that how you class yourself?!

If it's read by Louboutin wearers then best I get a subscription to get an insight into their world!

I was at Chelteman horse races today and saw a girl tottering around in her 5" purple Louboutins! Only my 2nd ever sighting in the wild!

Cheeky!

Lol, glad you you got a sighting in the wild! :wave: Got to be a brave girl to wear Louboutins to the races in this wether!

I saw Beckham had some purple ones on on Ellen show, lovely!:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, Victoria Beckham is definitely an icon in the fashion world especially with her high heels and boots that she is always wearing. However, I think that Katie Couric has been in the scene sooo much longer and has repeatedly shown us her love of heels especially high heel boots... I remember watching her one morning and for like 5 minutes she talked about nothing but her boots... I wanted to marry her at that point, lol And the fact she is still on the air makes her a current candidate... :drool: Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Katie Couric is a news reader (or, anchor person) for the evening news report on CBS TV network here in the USA. She took over the post from Dan Rather who replaced Walter Cronkite, CBS TV's news anchor, 1962-81. Katie is "pixie" cute. Small in stature and cute as a "bug's ear" (as they say here in the south). Has small feet and always wears nice shoes.

http://members.aol.com/flopez1542/ColorKC.JPG

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...