High Heel Icons

Patent Red

Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who from the list below is a stiletto icon?

• Victoria Beckham
    • Lorraine Kelly
    • Kate Middleton
    • Kate Moss
    • Elizabeth Hurley
    • Nicole Kidman
    • Tamara Mellon
    • Mariah Carey
    • Someone else?
    • No-one
    • Betty Page
    • I don't understand the question

Hi Everybody Got a new poll here, which I came up with reading some other threads. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this one (which reflects my tastes more than anyone else!), but I'm interested to see what people think. I've based my thinking on who (I think) looks good, who wears them a lot, and who seems to makes heels a lifestyle choice. Happy voting!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominated mariah carey but have always admired Stevie Nicks. I have recently downloaded some of her videos from red rocks colorado for my ipod. She is really and has always been HOTTT!!! So I say Stevie Nicks. Thanks Phoenix.

real men wear heels

I voted for Mariah as I'm her fan and she also talks a lot about her permanently heeled feet. But dear Patent Red, you forgot the most famous shoe icon and lover of all times... Marilyn Monroe! We can't consider her just "someone else", heh

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

It's a good point well put. I was just thinking of a few to get the ball rolling - I assume everyone looks for someone / something different. All depends what you're looking for. Also, I purposely didn't include anyone deceased - I thought it might be a bit difficult. But like I said in my original post, there is no right or wrong!

Not cetain if she is alive or not, but Betty Paige was the ultimate high heel icon. If she is still around, she is probably too old to wear heels. Marilyn Monroe looks like she is wearing flats when compared with Betty Paige.

Good shout with Bettie Paige. She is still alive, but she underwent a dramatic life conversion in the 60's, and largely shunned her previous life. Check out the biopic movie The Notorious Bettie Paige - highly recommended.

How about Heidi klum? Naomi Campbell? Jennifer Jason Leigh (think SWF)?

• 2 weeks later...

A picture of Rachael Taylor, Not from the movie, but she is a cutie.

[ATTACH]41[/ATTACH]

Yes she is cute, I did like her in Transformers. She reminded me of a young Jessie Wallace in looks...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Then there's Cher.

I agree Cher is a great artist, but I thing her shoes are way too low...

I always pay attention to her shoes in videos and never saw anything higher the 3 or maybe 4 inches 8)

The guys here seem to have a fixation as to the actual height of the heel. I noticed a C4 news girl in heels with an arch angle of around 80 degrees, the heel probably only 8cm. It's the aesthetics of the heel and foot, along with the angles, not over-all height that counts.

totter along into history

Great lorriette, I agree with you 100%. What I wanted to say is that Cheer's heels seems to be to low for her feet. Mostly chunkier heels and low _angles_ to be exact.

• 2 months later...

Even though their heels aren't all that high, the female dancers on Dancing with the Stars do amazing things wearing heels that look to be about 3 inches. This includes flips and all sorts of acrobatics. One can only imagine how gracefully they could walk in something higher than 5 inches. One other thought is that to make the competition fair between men and women, shouldn't the men be required to perform their dances in high heels as well?

I nominate Stevie Nicks.

I second that nomination!!!

My high heel icons are a bit old school:

Jackie Kennedy Onasis

The Cast of Charlies Angels (T.V. Series)

And my 8th grade history teacher

But I guess Stevie Nicks isn't exactly "New School" anyway...

Style is built from the ground up!

Not only do girls dance in heels, they go backwards a lot, which men don't, and they turn or spin much more than men. The man's job in dancing is to make the woman look good, so wearing heels would be fun but might take away from that.

Not only do girls dance in heels, they go backwards a lot, which men don't, and they turn or spin much more than men. The man's job in dancing is to make the woman look good, so wearing heels would be fun but might take away from that.

The old quote...Ginger Rodgers did everything Fred Astaire did...only she did it backward wearing high heels...

Style is built from the ground up!

My vote is for Teri Horne. She is the bootlady from www.bootlovers.com. Check it out! She has a collection of fabulous boots including non-platform, platform, and ballet boots. Most of them are 5" or (much) higher!

Check out her blog as well. Lots of boot and glove shots from all over!

Paul

P.S. My second vote would be for Emily Marylin. She is a fetish model.

in leather & heels...