Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

22 minutes ago, CAT said:

We have all said it,,,,,,, the crap that they put on the male models is not only ridiculous but completely impractical and I would not even see a females wearing it.  It does not help "our cause" to where a great pair of heels.  When will they showcase a guy in great pair of normal pumps, knee boots, or wedges?  Probably never,,,, so sad  

CAT, send Vogue some of your pics from a few years back, they may get the hint. Unlike me and Melrose you have model like attributes. 

• Like 1

So true and so disappointing. I’ve been experimenting with shooting images of myself in heels - not posing but looking natural, casual, as though it were not staged, and shot in such a way that the fact that I’m wearing heels is not immediately apparent although the heels are fully visible. It is entirely possible to photograph a guy in heels in such a way that it seems completely unremarkable -

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

I totally agree with HinH.  We are indeed fortunate that mlroseplant appears amongst us both in comments and photos demonstrating that appearing in public wearing high heels and occasionally mixing Items of feminine apparel with his outfits is courageous and socially acceptable, much in the same manner as does kneehighs, casting aside any fear of being stigmatized as deviant.  Their examples demonstrate the fact that while wearing items of clothing usually associated with male or females, they are really totally normal people who’s taste happens to include selecting color, shapes and functions not usually associated with males.  

I, for one, do not pay attention to what clothing fashion designers and models present during their shows.  Often I have great sympathy for the models who have to wear these hideous designers creations.  At times models must be humiliated and embarrassed having to appear on the runway wearing these unappealing creations.  

As to this forum, it’s appeal to me (or those of us that frequently login) would totally be diminished should either or both kneehigh or mlrosplant disappear or no longer post comments.  Should that happen, given the decline in comments being posted, Hhp might as well pack it in.

I cannot in good conscience take all of the credit that you have given me, but thanks anyway. I would have and should have given up on this place a long time ago, but for the fact that I really enjoy interacting with the few who are left. We could call ourselves The Normal Guys. I keep hoping that some more normal guys will join us. Men who put fashion before fetish.

I never check the statistics function of the site, but you (Bubba) have pointed out a number of times that our visitor stats far exceed our member stats when it comes to those who are online at any given moment, indicating that there is a lot of latent interest out there.  .  . somewhere. I hope people continue to indulge me in getting off the subject occasionally, because it does become wearisome posting, "Today I wore such-and-such, and nothing at all interesting happened."

I wonder how many of our "guests" are people who are loosely like us, and how many are searching for something that we don't offer here. Every once in a while, we'll get somebody new who obviously doesn't seem to understand the nature of this site, and I sometimes idly wonder if they are very disappointed when nobody cares about whatever weird thing it is.

• Like 2

I certainly welcome the meanderings off topic. Your posts are always thoughtful and interesting. I too have looked at the stats from time to time and have noted the large numbers of guests relative to members. It would be nice if some joined and added their thoughts and voices to the threads although it may well be that many are looking more fetish oriented  (There’s no shortage of places they can go for that)

I too like the interaction with the regulars here - it’s why I stay

• Like 2

Maybe reading these comments helps to jolt some of these onlookers into actual participation. 

I don't know if images are available to non-members or not. I'm involved in other non-fashion forums that are only allow onlookers to read. One a paper model building site has no ads, sponsored entirely by the model publishing houses, so that may explain why. 

I enjoy Melrose's nearly daily muse, but admit I'm not good at maintaining a long-term thread like my heels at work was supposed to be. I wear them daily but discussing it seems redundant. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CAT said:

We have all said it,,,,,,, the crap that they put on the male models is not only ridiculous but completely impractical and I would not even see a females wearing it.  It does not help "our cause" to where a great pair of heels.  When will they showcase a guy in great pair of normal pumps, knee boots, or wedges?  Probably never,,,, so sad  

These fashion shows are like concept cars, they aren't supposed to be practical.  I think of it as a way for them to push and broaden the palette of what can be worn, which is something that I think we can relate to.  

Edited by p1ng74
Missing quote
  • Like 2

Yes but doing something just because you can generally doesn’t serve much purpose - those fashion shows are just attention seeking. They’ve been doing this sort of thing for ages and it hasn’t changed the core of men’s fashion one iota

Edited by Shyheels

On 2/29/2024 at 8:28 AM, p1ng74 said:

These fashion shows are like concept cars, they aren't supposed to be practical.  I think of it as a way for them to push and broaden the palette of what can be worn, which is something that I think we can relate to.  

ping74, Nice to see you posting again after a long absence.

Happy Heeling

bluejay

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 7:28 AM, p1ng74 said:

I always thought so myself, but now that I think about it, I have never paid enough attention to fashion shows to track whether little tiny elements of the outlandish part make it to the street. And taking the thought a bit further, if they do make it to the street, which street? Certainly not mine, unless it's prom night or something.

• Like 1

Nor my street either. I’m sure there are some very hip places in certain very hip precincts of certain cosmopolitan cities where the echoes of these fashion show extravagances resonate but none of this reaches the masses, where fashion remain strictly within the same narrow boundaries.

The people who inhabit this rarified fashion world may go all a-flutter about daring new directions, but they live in their own echo chambera. Much of these outlandish takes on fashion is merely attention getting, grabbing publicity and the hopefully admiring or envious nods of their peers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ran across this ad on one of my social media feeds. I have been getting ads from them for some time now, but didn't realize they made high(ish) heels at all. They mostly make work boots or wannabe work boots.

However, it is obvious, after the slightest investigation, that the juxtaposition of the ad copy and this particular photo is a complete accident. These boots are not intended for men, but I had hoped so for several seconds. I will say that they do up to size 12, not skipping `10.5 and 11.5, which is fairly impressive.

ThursdayBootAd.PNG

• Like 1