Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

On 12/28/2016 at 9:58 PM, CAT said:

Nope not at all.  Very rarely do I get a no.  Probably only 2-3 times.  Asking the girls to take the pic always leads in to small talk or conversation about my clothes or heels.  Some as you have seen even take pics with me.  

On 12/29/2016 at 1:05 AM, MackyHeels said:

Bet your all smiles. Doubt i could pull it off without sounding creepy or having ulterior motive. Maybe i'm too serious or assuming woman natural reactions of shivers and awkwardness maybe bitterness that i maybe enjoying wearing heels and accessories  to much. Which creeps females away.

I have come to accept that some guys just have the confidence and charisma to pull this sort of thing off. I am not such a guy, and that's ok. I have other areas in which I excel. Oh, I can just hear myself saying, without meaning to, "Hey, I know I seem creepy, but I'm really not!" Which would explain why I don't have a lot of pictures of myself out in the real world, haha.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CAT said:

Saw this for men's heel fashion 2017.  

guys look a little awkward in there cat walk,,,,,,

Holy cow, not only do those guys look awkward in their huge, ugly platforms, but the rest of the outfits do not help matters either. Also, upon closer inspection, a couple of those guys almost went down, wobbling in their shoes. It makes me cringe a little bit.

• Like 1

Those guys clomped down the runway where most models at least learn to walk in the shoes they model.  They should take lessons and learn the appropriate @CATwalk.  I'm sure @w6ish could show them how to walk on platforms.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

26 minutes ago, dagino said:

Syro has new models of boots. It has anyone of you shoes from Syro?

http://shopsyro.com/shop/

I was not familiar with the Syro brand so I followed the link to the "shop" page and saw shoes and boots (loved the thigh boots) that looked like female footwear but with a twist that made me read the images as "guy's footwear".  I was a bit confused/surprised/delighted so I read the Mission statement and then understood that my confusion/surprise/delight was the designers goal.  There was further clarification when I looked at the sizes available.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

21 hours ago, w6ish said:

yes those boys could use a little more practice time in those wild and crazy boots they were wearing!

I just had to watch this video again, and what I noticed is that it's not just one or two of them--it's all of them--it's like they practiced purposefully walking in that way. I wonder who thought that looked attractive?

As we've said so many times before, this type of exposure is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it's great to have more and more images of guys in heels, so that the public might just get used to the idea. On the other hand, shows like this are hardly going to win over many converts, male or female, and it might simply underscore people's perception that guys simply don't belong in heels.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

As we've said so many times before, this type of exposure is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it's great to have more and more images of guys in heels, so that the public might just get used to the idea. On the other hand, shows like this are hardly going to win over many converts, male or female, and it might simply underscore people's perception that guys simply don't belong in heels.

The way I see it, these designer were attending some competitions. Among all what they could propose, they chose heels for their male models and thought they could win this way

Getting prepared for an everyday outing, men can soon choose heels and be sure they win in their business ?

• 2 weeks later...

VIVIENNE WESTWOOD SUPPORTS UNISEX CLOTHING: supports swapping clothes with partner

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/fashion/mens-style/vivienne-westwood-returns-to-london-fashion-week-mens.html?smid=tw-nytfashion&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Her latest show, a unisex affair on Monday with male and female models, closed the four-day event. The men tramped down the runway wearing a range of outfits, including sharp suits (wide lapels, flared pants) and billowing capes and tulle tutus. The women wore the same. And that, Ms. Westwood declared, was precisely the point.

“Unisex may sound like a joke, but, in fact, it’s all about styling and being able to dress however you like,” Ms. Westwood, 75, said. “Swapping clothes with your partner means you can buy less, choose well and really make them last.”

• Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Swapping clothes with your partner? Yeah, right. Leaving aside colour and style preferences which are most unlikely to be shared, this silly premise also assumes your partner is exactly the same size as you - same height, waist, chest measurements, sleeve length etc.  I am trying to think of a single couple that I know where that would be the case, and I am struggling to come up with any. Certainly I could never wear my wife's clothes, nor she mine, even if we wanted to swap. Which I can't ever imagine either of us ever wanting to do.

Besides, people can already dress as they please - what is stopping them? - without Ms Westwood's imprimatur and without trying to look as though they came out of a cookie cutter. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Her "unisex" is a one way street. Men's wear for women. Where are the guys in heels or femme skirts?

I find that to usually be the case when it comes to "unisex"

10 hours ago, kneehighs said:

“Unisex may sound like a joke, but, in fact, it’s all about styling and being able to dress however you like,” Ms. Westwood, 75, said. “Swapping clothes with your partner means you can buy less, choose well and really make them last.”

Good in concept - reality says no.

From what I saw of the mens collection - - -Oh hell no. A couple pieces I could see, the rest did nothing for me. I'm not a fashion guru though.

Fun survey distraction from June 2016.  onehallyu calls themself "Your number one Asian Entertainment community forum!".  

http://onehallyu.com/topic/349454-straight-girls-be-honest-would-you-date-a-guy-who-wears-heels/

Reality vs. idea distinction again is key to interpreting results.

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Fun survey distraction from June 2016.  onehallyu calls themself "Your number one Asian Entertainment community forum!".  

http://onehallyu.com/topic/349454-straight-girls-be-honest-would-you-date-a-guy-who-wears-heels/

Reality vs. idea distinction again is key to interpreting results.

Pose that question here in the states in different locations and see what you get for results. 30% would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Genderless Danshi in Japan.  (Video shows man in heels)

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/09/genderless-japanese-men-reject-norms-embrace-make-up-heels-and-skirts/

Genderless Kei in Japan.  Links to specific examples of genderless kai. (didn't have time to find guys as guys in heels, but I'm sure examples exist)

https://medium.com/@TokyoFashion/genderless-kei-japan-s-hot-new-fashion-trend-9e25a2c559c6#.er14j4rni

Many young Japanese men have a body and face shape that makes a feminine look easier to mimic.  Although the style is labeled "genderless" it seems to emphasize using several typically female styling features: makeup, nails, heels, skirts that many term cross dressing.  Regardless of the label, I applaud the style even though for most of us, not starting from the young Japanese body and face shape, it is difficult to accomplish.

:wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Genderless Danshi in Japan.  (Video shows man in heels)

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/09/genderless-japanese-men-reject-norms-embrace-make-up-heels-and-skirts/

Genderless Kei in Japan.  Links to specific examples of genderless kai. (didn't have time to find guys as guys in heels, but I'm sure examples exist)

https://medium.com/@TokyoFashion/genderless-kei-japan-s-hot-new-fashion-trend-9e25a2c559c6#.er14j4rni

Have you already met people dressed like that ?

Edited by Gudulitooo

4 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Have you already met people dressed like that ?

I haven't :)  Only time I've been to Japan is on Google Earth Virtual Reality and that doesn't even qualify as a true trip.  

I would say that a large number of men who wear heels. do it in secret. the reason is that. there are just so many silly,silly labels and stereotypes that we have to face when wearing heels. and there is a lot of paranoia in are minds. it can stop most men from wearing heels in public. and TV shows don't help with it. they seem more like to make a mockery of men who wear heels. unfortunately are society is dumb or naive.

As I continue on my journey into heeling, and "crossdressing", I find that more and more, I wish the fashion industry, mainly the big companies that put on these lavish shows, would make more of an effort to show traditional women's clothing on men. Some of the clips I watch, both linked on here and in general on the web, have a tendency to take this extreme approach to having men in 'female' attire.

What I would personally love to see is a fashion show/blog/media gallery that showcases those of us who manage to take clothing, shoes, and accessories that are deemed for the opposite gender and blend it into our everyday lives.

If it already exists, I may try to contribute to it.

• Like 1

This is refreshing.  Blue Chip Media site and arguably the world's foremost authority in fashion, American Vogue offers a serious look at Paloma Spain.  Plenty of photos of men in heels.

http://www.vogue.com/13520813/spanish-menswear-label-palomo/?mbid=social_twitter

Quotes from Alejandro Gomez Paloma, the designer:

"I feel that boys need to discover different ways to wear clothes that we haven’t been able to wear up until now,"

“I work with materials that are usually used for womenswear"

I already know some here will have strong opinions against this line, because it's innovation doesn't represent the interests of "critical mass"  (Sears, Debenhams).  And that's fine.  I look forward to hearing their strong opinions.