Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

This Video could be intersting for us to:

Added: August 13, 2007

i visited my friend from another city... i visited my friend from another city and she lives in a place where you have to walk around a lot and all i really wear for shoes are heels. so i started to think about some random crap about heels and then i rambled on about how guys should be made to wear them and crap. i don't know, this video is weird. sorry in advance for those who watch it =P

• 1 month later...

Linguistically, not really a "discussion" about men in heels, but at least a pictorial reference to men in heels on the Reykjavik Looks Street Fashion Site. Scroll to the Sunday, September 02, 2007 thread titled Reykjavik. "Kitsuné pre-party. Gaukurinn" It's the third pic down.

post-486-133522846842_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

Linguistically, not really a "discussion" about men in heels, but at least a pictorial reference to men in heels on the Reykjavik Looks Street Fashion Site. Scroll to the Sunday, September 02, 2007 thread titled Reykjavik. "Kitsuné pre-party. Gaukurinn" It's the third pic down.

Jah! A pictorial, und they actually showed a few pairs of scuhs! Und maybe next time they is telling us something about it too. 8)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

A yahoo answer question as posed by a yahoo user by the name of Anton. I wonder if it's the same Anton from here?

And another thread at handbag.com titled, "Will it ever be fashionable for men to wear high heels"

And another thread at the studentroom.co.uk titled, guys wearing heels *not in a crossdressing way

And another blog post at mensplace.org

Men In High Heels

• 1 month later...

I am loving this Cornell article on society's double standard with regard to men wearing women's clothing. Be sure to read the comments section too, the responses are interesting to read.

Here is another link to another post on another message board:

http://isitnormal.com/story/13179/

I am loving this Cornell article on society's double standard.....

While I agree with much of this article the following quote illustrates an unfortunate prejudice of our cousins across the pond:

....men must confine themselves to more baggy clothes unless they’re either European, homosexual or want people to assume as much...

why dont they just say different than the rest of the sheep in the flock. bah bah black sheep have you any wool,hell no,hell no... i am sure they trying to work out the cloning thing so as eliminate any "aberrant" behavior,after all...it could be potentially dangerous to the delicate fabric of our gentile society.

As in the Cornell article that Kneehigh presented to us, it really grinds my gears that everytime people talk about guys wearing girls things it is automatically crossdressing. The article does a great job at discussing this double standard. Why don't they call a women buy guys stuff crossdressing? I don't think this stereotype will ever change.

I think that it will take a major shift in mentality on the general public's mind-set to see that happen, canadianbeaver17 & it wont happen over night either-some things can take a VERY long time to change (take race & slavery for example)

Is it just my noticing them, or are there more articles about men wearing heels lately? (Perhaps it has something to do with the increasingly larger number of men reporting them, here?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Is it just my noticing them, or are there more articles about men wearing heels lately?

(Perhaps it has something to do with the increasingly larger number of men reporting them, here?)

I think there are more articles. When I have some free time, I want to start organizing the articles in this thread according to the year in which they were initially published, so we can keep track of the progress.

But that it going to take time which I have very little of anymore.

I notice that tey are being worn a lot more in the clubs... in fact I'm seriously starting my own club night called "Heelz" where you can't get in without heels on...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It wasn't all that bad. Some people go whole hog from the very beginning, and others don't. I take this artiocle as a generally accepting and non-hostile one.

Agreed. I think her opening command, "Let's be open-minded, okay?" is a great way to introduce the topic.

Thanks to whoever left a comment. I left one as well and touched upon the Marie Claire Spanish October edition.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lurking her for a little while, now. And I've seen a couple of these Yahoo questions get posted here, and they always seems to get the exact same two responses: A)They must be gay. B)Eww! That's just WRONG!

Whether it should affect a person or not, seeing stuff like that is what intimidates most guys (myself included), from wearing in public.

It's pretty clear that it's something those people are not used to, and that it's something that intimidates and scares them a little. Hence the fall back to the ad hominen "He must be a fag." Obviously, they have no room in their minds for anything that's different from the way they thick it should be - but in the same breath they turn around and say that it would look normal on a goth guy. They don't even see their own double standard.

Frankly, to be honest, I suspect those opinions represent the vast majority of people - they view the idea that heterosexual men would even want to wear high heels as abnormal, and deviant. And that gives them every reason, in their own minds, to develop such intolerant attitudes.

It seems strange to us that people would develop such an intolerance for something that doesn't affect their lives in one way or the other, but they do.

What can we do, as a community, to lessen the fear and trepidation these other people have? For the most part, it's a completely harmless thing. But they neither see that, nor understand it.

I don't think men wearing high heels will ever be "mainstream" in my lifetime. It might reach the point where it's at least societally tolerated, if not entirely accepted. But how do we get to that point?

What can we do, as a community, to lessen the fear and trepidation these other people have?

People only form their opinions based on what they see and hear about right?

So, if people never see any guys in heels, or the only time they ever see a guy in heels is a cross dresser, then can you really blame them for having their own opinions?

This doesnt make them scared, or ignorant, it just means they dont know any different. Many people here want to be accepted for just being themselves, yet fail to accept that other people may not understand or see things the way they do, thats life, and something you can either A. Deal with, or B. Hide away from.

Hiding away from it however makes things worse, because the more it is though of as a taboo, or something to be ashamed of, the more the stereotypical views of society are re-enforced.

"It must be wrong and weird if he is ashamed of it and/or embarrassed by it himself right"?

So, that leaves only 1 thing left to do.

Do it like you do anything else.

Your not embarrassed to go to the shops and buy something, or stand outside your house cleaning your car, so why should you be embarrassed about what you put on your feet?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Please accept my sincerest and most abject apologies. I had absolutely no awareness of any of that. I have no connection with Lolla, and I most certainly do not seek to advertise or promote hir interests in any way. I merely thought to share another resource that would be of interest to the members and germain to the topic.

Considering the intensely sharp metal spike heels I love to wear, I really must find a way to stop putting my feet in my mouth...

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a atopic on Yahoo Answers thats just closing as I type. The guy asking the question seems to like the idea.

saw a guy wearing stiletto heels today?

I mean full-on, 4 inch stiletto heeled boots with jeans today and you know what...it really didn't look THAT bad. Are any other girls out there cool with this look? Am I freak for not thinking this is a big deal for a guy to be wearing heels?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080118142218AAFmk9X

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?