About those World Heel Meetings....

ChipsHH

Don't know if I'm postin in the right place; please move me if I am. But has there been any Meetings in the US? Seems to me all of them has been outside...farrr outside the US, unless I missed a few hearings of some being here..?

Formally "HHDude"

HighHeelDude:

Where are you located?

We get together often in New York City for small get togethers.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Well, I'm in northern Indiana, but in the future, I would be willing to go to a heel meet (or a mini-meet somewhere), hopefully with it being in the US (hopefully somewhere I can make it to).

Formally "HHDude"

It seems that we have the advantage here in the UK in that it's a comparatively small country. A meet in London can attract heelers from the north of the country. If you guys in the US have a meet then it could be a major challenge getting there. After all, New York is closer to London than it is to LA!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

True. But come on. Not really fair when we (the USans) have to do all the flying, all the money spending (especially with crazy gas prices these days), and you guys and gals basically just have to walk and/or just drive over to the Meet. Just isn't fair...and this is comin from a 'kid' if you wanna call me that. I don't mind :smile:

Formally "HHDude"

True. But come on. Not really fair when we (the USans) have to do all the flying, all the money spending (especially with crazy gas prices these days), and you guys and gals basically just have to walk and/or just drive over to the Meet.

Walk ? Unless I'm gonna be Jesus soon, I'll have to fly to London and so does most of us.

Why don't you do what everyone else does and post a suggestion for a meet? You might be on your own or you might get a dozen attendees...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

True. But come on. Not really fair when we (the USans) have to do all the flying, all the money spending (especially with crazy gas prices these days), and you guys and gals basically just have to walk and/or just drive over to the Meet.

Euh... Europe is a little bigger than my backyard, there is a lot of flying involved for many people anyway.

And gas is in most of Europe $8 a gallon (it was $6-7 when in the US it was $1.2) so that's probable the worst of reasons :smile:

Anyway, the meetings are where people organize them. Nothing is stopping you from setting one up!

What's all the fuss about?

This thread appears to be in the wrong place. Click on to the specially dedicated forum "Real Life Meetings" and you'll see exactly what meetings have taken place around the UK, The States, Holland, Paris etc., together with full reports from those who attended. Also, anyone can post to create and organise their own future Heelmeet on there! Glood luck! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Euh... Europe is a little bigger than my backyard, there is a lot of flying involved for many people anyway.

And gas is in most of Europe $8 a gallon (it was $6-7 when in the US it was $1.2) so that's probable the worst of reasons :wavey:

Anyway, the meetings are where people organize them. Nothing is stopping you from setting one up!

Whoa!!! I am sorry to hear that. That's like....wow! I can't really put that into words:speechless:. Hope you understand :smile:

Walk ? Unless I'm gonna be Jesus soon, I'll have to fly to London and so does most of us.

Come on. You know what I mean (I hope). It's not as long as we have to go; yet, flashing back to Arctic's post, maybe even the airline tickets over there are pricey -.-

Formally "HHDude"

Come on. You know what I mean (I hope). It's not as long as we have to go; yet, flashing back to Arctic's post, maybe even the airline tickets over there are pricey -.-

Actually they are because our lovely benevolent government likes to stiff us for tax at every opportunity. This includes airline tickets.

61% of our income now goes to the government in one way or another.

Actually they are because our lovely benevolent government likes to stiff us for tax at every opportunity. This includes airline tickets.

61% of our income now goes to the government in one way or another.

Like...that's pretty lame. Do you get it back eventually, like the US does (yeah, we get our taxes back eventually)?

And sorry to get off-topic. Just wondering, like always

Formally "HHDude"

No, of course not. What do you mean you get your taxes back? Do you fill in a form and get a refund or something?

Not at all. Of course, I'm too young to get taxes yet, but my parents get their taxes by mail as a check. Just cash the check in, and presto! Loads of money (can't ask me how much cause they wouldn't tell me >:smile:

Formally "HHDude"

Who ever heard of getting taxes back? Here in the UK once you pay your tax you lose it for ever. We do have a system of "working family tax credit" where you get money back but this is really designed to help people in low paid jobs.

Well, in Poland there's some annual income threshold, and if you earn less than it, you can claim a tax return.

Yeah same here, but a refund??!!!

I'm not sure what he's talking about either. Over here the government withholds taxes from your paycheck and most people set it up so too much is withheld. Then the government refunds the excess after April 15. Which really means they let Uncle Sam sit on some of their money interest-free for an average of six months. But no, you don't get your taxes back. I know of no place on planet Earth where that happens!

Have a happy time!

• 3 months later...

Listen up all.... I don't care If meet's is in Uk or US i love heel's so much i happy pay what it takes

Wow, Simciaty3, to bad you didn't join this forum a couple of weeks ago. Three of our members recently got together in Copenhagen on the weekend of the 15th. You missed a wonderful opportunity to meet three of our most celebrated members.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Listen up all.... I don't care If meet's is in Uk or US i love heel's so much i happy pay what it takes

A pity you missed us all in Copenhagen 1½ week ago. Next will be in New York the 27:th of October, and then of course the world heel meet in London next February.

Where in Denmark are you? Close to Copenhagen maybe? I'll go there pretty regularily.

If you want to see women running 100m in heels you should go to Fields now on Friday evening.