World Heel Meet 2008, London: Sat. Feb. 16th

kneehighs

There have been quite a few questions already about doubling up on the rooms, i.e. when you split the rate of 98 pounds two ways it makes for a very economical stay in central London at a full service hotel with full service rooms that includes a full english breakfast, taxes, VAT, right on the Tube and a block from a major train station. i.e. 49 pounds per person. Put your thinking caps on now so you can link up with a friend you've made here on HHPlace, start PM'ing your friends now so when we announce the Hotel and Booking Instructions you'll be all set to go. Dr. Shoe and Kneehighs had a great suggestion to help those who do not have any links to a friend etc. to set up a "Roomie Connection". When we announce the Hotel/Booking Instructions we will also start a "Roomie Connection" service through a PM to iLoveBoots. The goal is to make sure members who want to attend can do so economically and eliminate as many obstacles as possible. The World Heelmeet truly is a wonderful experience and the more members we have attending the more enjoyable it will be for everyone and many members will discover that there are many many Heel Friends out there to share their experiences with. Countdown to the 2008 World Heelmeet..................264 days !!!!!!! david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

264 more days? Wow, I wish it was next week!

Posted Image

Seeing a trail of men in heels line the horizon of a street like in the above pic just doesn't happen everyday!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well i can´t pay 90GBP for a room for 4/5 days that a month salery (",) so i need to staying out of Center, then i gess. looking for some down at 30/40 GBP... food, fun, shopping,flight, it´s all addind op, AND don´t forget the BEER hehehe. But great job Iloveboots.

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

Well i can´t pay 90GBP for a room for 4/5 days that a month salery (",) so i need to staying out of Center, then i gess. looking for some down at 30/40 GBP... food, fun, shopping,flight, it´s all addind op, AND don´t forget the BEER hehehe.

But great job Iloveboots.

I think we are all familiar with Benjamin Franklin, a supreme Founding Father to the United States. One of the things Ben Franklin would do when faced with a decision is draw up a Pro/Con list.

Let's do this for your situation, FreeMannWorld

Problem: Should I spend 49 pounds per night to stay with the World Heel Meet 2008 group?

Lets really look at this. Above you said you would be comfortable spending up to 40 pounds a night for a room. The difference between 49 and 40 is 9, so really we are talking about a 9 pound per night distinction here.

PROS.................................CONS

1. being close to the group makes it easier to make new

friends, which is really what

this meet is all about

1. Costs 9 pounds more per night

2. makes transportation in

foreign city easier (group cabs, tube)

3. If I stay alone, I'll be all by

myself in a hotel room and

possibly feel lonely/left out

4. Being close to the group

makes my trip to London about

the WEEKEND, not just the day

of the meet.

5. The 49 pounds includes TAXES

and FEES. Most likely I will pay

the 9 pound difference

anyway at another hotel, why

not this one?

6. This includes BREAKFAST. Yum

If I pay for breakfast elsewhere,

it will cost from 5-10 pounds, if not

more.

7. I am getting a great deal.

The average price per night

for this hotel is $312/night U.S.

I'm sure you can come up with more reasons to fill in yourself. And as I am sure you will see, the PROS of paying a mere 9 pounds more per night to stay with us will far outnumber the CONS.

Yes it might be a month's salary but why not think in terms of putting something by each week? At the moment you have about 40 weeks to save, just $10 a week will sort out your room, only $1.43 per day. That's the small change you empty out of your pocket at the end of the day.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think we are all familiar with Benjamin Franklin, a supreme Founding Father to the United States. One of the things Ben Franklin would do when faced with a decision is draw up a Pro/Con list.

Let's do this for your situation, FreeMannWorld

Problem: Should I spend 49 pounds per night to stay with the World Heel Meet 2008 group?

Lets really look at this. Above you said you would be comfortable spending up to 40 pounds a night for a room. The difference between 49 and 40 is 9, so really we are talking about a 9 pound per night distinction here.

PROS.................................CONS

1. being close to the group makes it easier to make new

friends, which is really what

this meet is all about

1. Costs 9 pounds more per night

2. makes transportation in

foreign city easier (group cabs, tube)

3. If I stay alone, I'll be all by

myself in a hotel room and

possibly feel lonely/left out

4. Being close to the group

makes my trip to London about

the WEEKEND, not just the day

of the meet.

5. The 49 pounds includes TAXES

and FEES. Most likely I will pay

the 9 pound difference

anyway at another hotel, why

not this one?

6. This includes BREAKFAST. Yum

If I pay for breakfast elsewhere,

it will cost from 5-10 pounds, if not

more.

7. I am getting a great deal.

The average price per night

for this hotel is $312/night U.S.

I'm sure you can come up with more reasons to fill in yourself. And as I am sure you will see, the PROS of paying a mere 9 pounds more per night to stay with us will far outnumber the CONS.

Are making fun off me ? Yes yes i now... That..

I feel stupit now.... But it´s not the 9 pund... and yes i will save some monny up for this, but like i say i don´t no have much things cost ind UK, yea i reater stay neer you guys, more fun and so. It´s the problem ho shall i share a room whit... i don´t now eny off you guys yet... deflny not got 98 pund for a single room... that wher the BIG problem come in i think.

This is the 2 time get to another contry off my oven!! 1 time is ind 35 days...

so i am a little out off my self ind that matter...

I just don´t like to trun this adventur down becruse i can´t save the the monny for it.... i relly LIKE to be ther... and for that matter take you on the offer you mad me, to come a cobble off days before for some chattering and shopping (",)

Yes it might be a month's salary but why not think in terms of putting something by each week?

At the moment you have about 40 weeks to save, just $10 a week will sort out your room, only $1.43 per day. That's the small change you empty out of your pocket at the end of the day.

(",) heeeey... i think i do that (",) yeah.... I have startet all reaty...

can you say monny for shopning... noooo heheheh i am just no´t shure have much thing cost.....

Well save monny is save monny right... (",)

i no my self good.. to say i can´t trune down a good offer.... LOL

Are making fun off me ? Yes yes i now... That..

I feel stupit now.... But it´s not the 9 pund... and yes i will save some monny up for this, but like i say i don´t no have much things cost ind UK, yea i reater stay neer you guys, more fun and so. It´s the problem ho shall i share a room whit... i don´t now eny off you guys yet... deflny not got 98 pund for a single room... that wher the BIG problem come in i think.

This is the 2 time get to another contry off my oven!! 1 time is ind 35 days...

so i am a little out off my self ind that matter...

I just don´t like to trun this adventur down becruse i can´t save the the monny for it.... i relly LIKE to be ther... and for that matter take you on the offer you mad me, to come a cobble off days before for some chattering and shopping (",)

I am totally not making fun of you. I usually don't make fun of people unless I already know them well anyway. I'm just really excited to have you join us and if in my enthusiasm I communicated otherwise, I'm sorry.

And please don't feel stupid. Anyone who is willing to fly to London from Denmark for a heel meet is exhibiting courage, and to me, that is one of the rarest forms of functional intelligence around.

FreeMannWorld:

Don't worry about room charing. Remember most of us guys comes alone and no one wants to pay for a double room himself. I have never stayed alone during my so far 3 heel meets and I don't mind charing a room with you. And you are wrong when you say you don't know anyone here, you know me, don't you? And there is your fellow countryman pumps who I hope will come to next meeting too.

If you worry about the trip; maybe we will travel at the same time/flights. I haven't booked anything yet but I am sure I will go from Copenhagen airport. Last time I flew with Sterling which is good because they go to Gatwick and not far away in wilderness. And it did cost 688DKK for a return ticket. Can't really complain about that.

Do NOT miss out this heel meet because of financial reason. The boost it gives you when meeting fellow heelers/fashion people is awesome. Trust me on this one.

C ya in London!!

I don't think that anyone is making fun out of anyone. The fact is is that it can be expensive but saving from now a couple of Pounds, Dollars or Euros a day will make it easier. Look at what it will cost: 4 nights in the hotel (sharing a room): 49 x 4 = 196.00 2 lunches (friday and sunday, saturday you have a buffet at the Miller): 2 x 10 (max)= 20.00 4 evening meals: 4 X 30 (at most)= 120.00 Heelmeet entrance: 6.00 Other things: 50.00 Flights to and from Europe: 2 x 50 =100.00 So for around 500 (or 15.00 or so per week!) pounds you get the weekend you have always dreamed of. If money's a bit tight then just eat at Mcdonalds or KFC or something but you don't want to miss out on staying in the hotel with all the other guys and gals! If anyone is worried about sharing a room with a stranger? I have done this many times and have made several great friends this way.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

FreeMannWorld:

Don't worry about room charing. Remember most of us guys comes alone and no one wants to pay for a double room himself. I have never stayed alone during my so far 3 heel meets and I don't mind charing a room with you. And you are wrong when you say you don't know anyone here, you know me, don't you? And there is your fellow countryman pumps who I hope will come to next meeting too.

If you worry about the trip; maybe we will travel at the same time/flights. I haven't booked anything yet but I am sure I will go from Copenhagen airport. Last time I flew with Sterling which is good because they go to Gatwick and not far away in wilderness. And it did cost 688DKK for a return ticket. Can't really complain about that.

Do NOT miss out this heel meet because of financial reason. The boost it gives you when meeting fellow heelers/fashion people is awesome. Trust me on this one.

C ya in London!!

I just checked SAS and you can actually go with them to Heathrow for that price. But ofcourse you never know when they're on strike..

FreeMannWorld:

You are right ther.. well i am not the puchi guy. so i am glad to now you dit find me good to see 1 more time. (",) and charing a room whit me. thanks.

do i need to remding you about man bed side maners ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz... +/- 5db.. LOL

SAS is 1400,- tho it´s to Heatdrow and 650,- for Sterling but to Gatwick.

Yeah let´s get ther together since i have never bin to London, but i go ther 1/2 days before since Kneehights ask me to come for some chating!

Well i most say it´s not the better me ho like to turn down this meeting..... i am willing to do alot to join it, but heheh i need to make a monthe after and just bin Winhter holydays AND that cost (",)

C ya in London!!

HELL YEAH (",)

I just checked SAS and you can actually go with them to Heathrow for that price. But ofcourse you never know when they're on strike..

The best price SAS can offer me is 1678 SEK which is about double. Where do you find a flight for around 860 SEK with SAS?

You are right ther.. well i am not the puchi guy. so i am glad to now you dit find me good to see 1 more time. (",) and charing a room whit me. thanks.

do i need to remding you about man bed side maners ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz... +/- 5db.. LOL

Once I am asleep, not even an elephant hord will wake me up...*S*

SAS is 1400,- tho it´s to Heatdrow and 650,- for Sterling but to Gatwick.

Yeah let´s get ther together since i have never bin to London, but i go ther 1/2 days before since Kneehights ask me to come for some chating!

Yeah, Sterling is good. It is a little longer trip to get into London but I actually think it is cheaper than from Heathrow and probably quicker since it is a train and not the tube.

Last year I went there Thursday morning (arrived around 9 aclock) and left Monday evening. I too want to see more of London than just the heel meet and I sure would like to meet up with kneehighs before the meeting. We will probably have a good time if we come there some days in advance.

The best price SAS can offer me is 1678 SEK which is about double. Where do you find a flight for around 860 SEK with SAS?

sas.dk

Posted Image

I like the fact that you can just take the tube with your travelers card from Heathrow.

Once I am asleep, not even an elephant hord will wake me up...*S*

I can't believe you guys are even talking about getting sleep? :smile:

You're not getting any sleep with me around! :wavey:

I can't believe you guys are even talking about getting sleep? :smile:

You're not getting any sleep with me around! :wavey:

ROFL....... Well need ower buty sleep "blink" "blink" *GG*

sas.dk

Posted Image

I like the fact that you can just take the tube with your travelers card from Heathrow.

Oki that side of SAS i havent seen...... hmmmm but i can see SAS do make them cheeper tho...

New Charity Fundraiser

For this meet, I am setting up a site with a reputable charity donation processing center. Interested and financially capable members can make a donation from as small as one pound to as large as their wallets can handle. I will never touch the money personally and the accumulation of funds will be updated on a daily basis, tallying a new total for the World Heel Meet contribution to charity. When the date of the fundraising ends, the money will be sent directly to the charity on behalf of the World Heel Meet 2008. This will be an amazing way to contribute to the community as well as develop a positive awareness of our unique freestyling niche.

Hi Kneehighs.

I think the idea of a charity fundraiser is excellent, but…

• …do you have any charity in mind at the moment?
  • …how is the decision about what cause to support to be made?
  • …how high/low profile do we want this fundraiser to be?
  • …do you want suggestions of possible charities which we could support (I have an idea of one organisation which is almost next door to one of your main venues)?

Good luck with all of the planning - a brilliant start seems to have been made.

elevated I'd be happy to hear your suggestions. Please check your pm box for more information.

edit I will say one thing. The charity we are interested in will most likely focus on one aspect of education:

1. Arts -- These charities use various art forms in education including theatre, poetry, music and new media.

2. International -- Help spread education to poor communities worldwide and to girls in countries where they are traditionally excluded from educational opportunities.

3. Special needs -- Help educate adults and children with special needs by supporting one of these charities. They work to improve the lives of the disabled and those with learning difficulties.

4. Youth -- These charities educate young people how to be better citizens and live better, more fulfilling lives.

5. Schools -- Thousands of schools rely on donations to fund their brilliant work with children, including independent, special needs and faith schools.

Update on Hotel..........

The posting of the hotel information and how to book is a little late, sorry about that. A few extra negotiations have taken place that have extended our time frame they are allowing us to book for the special rate (a good thing), extension of the special rate for a full four day period of the heelmeet and some paperwork, contracts etc. I am faxing the contracts off on Monday and we will be all set by the end of the week to start booking. We have the booking code and instructions.

This hotel has gone the extra mile to accommodate us and make us welcome.

Stay tuned for the hotel booking thread to be posted next weekend (June 16/17)

Countdown....251 days to the 2008 World Heelmeet!

david & cathy

There have been quite a few questions already about doubling up on the rooms, i.e. when you split the rate of 98 pounds two ways it makes for a very economical stay in central London at a full service hotel with full service rooms that includes a full english breakfast, taxes, VAT, right on the Tube and a block from a major train station. i.e. 49 pounds per person.

Put your thinking caps on now so you can link up with a friend you've made here on HHPlace, start PM'ing your friends now so when we announce the Hotel and Booking Instructions you'll be all set to go. Dr. Shoe and Kneehighs had a great suggestion to help those who do not have any links to a friend etc. to set up a "Roomie Connection". When we announce the Hotel/Booking Instructions we will also start a "Roomie Connection" service through a PM to iLoveBoots. The goal is to make sure members who want to attend can do so economically and eliminate as many obstacles as possible. The World Heelmeet truly is a wonderful experience and the more members we have attending the more enjoyable it will be for everyone and many members will discover that there are many many Heel Friends out there to share their experiences with.

Countdown to the 2008 World Heelmeet..................264 days !!!!!!!

david & cathy

Can't wait for the information! I wonder if they will discount my Wed night stay? Anyhow, good to see you are making progress on the hotel arrangements and thanks again for your help.

Yuppers....that is one of the additional items we were able to achieve these past few days of negotiations. The special rate will be available to all rooms booked by the group members for wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday nights. Very cool! Countdown.....250 days to 2008 World Heelmeet......just like the Olympic clock!! david & cathy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How many of you have DIGGED the World Heel Meet Thread?

Just what is Digg.com?

Alot of you might be wondering what is Digg.com? Here is the answer as provided by Wikipedia, "News stories and websites are submitted by users, and then promoted to the front page through a user-based ranking system. This differs from the hierarchical editorial system that many other news sites employ."

Why should I take the time to submit the WHM 2008 to Digg?

This is a great question. Wikipedia addresses the benefits of social bookmarking here. Basically, instead of allowing the algorithimic processes of Google and Yahoo searches to determine the visibility of information, Digg gives control to the user. The user in this case would be hhplace.org members. The more hhplace.org users we can have DIGG the World Heel Meet 2008, the more visibility for our community we will create. The more visibility for our community we create, the more people we draw out of the closet and the more people we draw out of the closet, the more accepted our community will eventually become.

It only takes five minutes to register for an account! Remember, shortly we will announce a charity that we will be raising money for. This will be a great way to associate our community with a constructive cause. The more visibility we can create for ourselves that is positive, the better.

So lets get going! :smile:

Hi Kneehighs..... Awesome idea! We are all signed up at DIGG and to date there are 4 DIGG points. Hope to see more members visit and expand that number. 224 days to the Annual World HeelMeet 2008 Cheers, david & cathy

Hi Kneehighs.....

Awesome idea! We are all signed up at DIGG and to date there are 4 DIGG points. Hope to see more members visit and expand that number.

224 days to the Annual World HeelMeet 2008

Cheers,

david & cathy

David and Cathy, Thank you for taking the short amount of time to sign up for a DIGG account and promote the heel meet. I know of a few other enthusiastic heel meet attendees who have yet to DIGG the World Heel Meet post.