Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

An amazing occurrence - my wife and I were out of the country on vacation and we had been (or I should say I have been talking) about black toe nail polish for men (since I saw it somewhere on the net) and a nail tech suggested red or black that I wanted to do but the wife said no.

Anyway, I had brought along black that I had recently bought and she was okay with it (figuring that no one would see). Well, a few days later we went to the beach and the group we were with probably did see - not a word from her!

Progress can be made!!!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

I've been getting pedicures for about a year now, actually started at the urging of my wife. Have only done clear polish so far, but the girl who does my nails (same one for the last year) asked me last time if I wanted to pick a color. I was caught off guard and just said "nah, clear is fine". After I left, I was kind of upset with myself that I didn't take her up on it. Next time, if she asks, I will tell her that I'll let her pick. As for the clear, the salon only has a very shiny clear, so it's quite noticeable, but I've never had a comment from anyone wearing it in public with sandals. Here's to hoping she asks if I want to pick a color again at my next pedicure!

I do them pretty much all. Shaving your legs doesn't really draw any attention. There are plenty of guys with little or no hair on their legs. Painted toes can draw attention but it is minor. Actually, if you get a comment, which is rare, it is positive.

An amazing occurrence - my wife and I were out of the country on vacation and we had been (or I should say I have been talking) about black toe nail polish for men (since I saw it somewhere on the net) and a nail tech suggested red or black that I wanted to do but the wife said no.

Anyway, I had brought along black that I had recently bought and she was okay with it (figuring that no one would see). Well, a few days later we went to the beach and the group we were with probably did see - not a word from her!

Progress can be made!!!!!!!

try black with red glitter on top !! great fun !!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bright red is also my favorite color. I am currently wearing Essie "Fishnet Stockings" and it is a beautiful red color. I get a pedicure every two weeks in a nail salon and live in a warm climate. My feet are on display 24/7/365 in womens sandals. I get many compliments from women and men don't know what to say! Unfortunately I can only wear wedge heels after breaking my ankle last year. There is nothing that feels better than getting a professional pedicure. The foot message in heavenly and it is fun to look down and see ten very pretty red toenails peeking out of my wedge-heel slides.

Jamie :-)

Fashion Freedom for Men

I started painting my toenails last summer and I have really enjoyed it. I like the feminine colors, bright red is my favorite. I have got a lot of compliments from women. The only regret I have is not doing it years ago.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I'm wearing some platinum nail color right now that I just ADORE. Been wearing it for over a week now, and love the shiny effect it has. Goes with all my outfits too, so I don't have to worry about changing right away. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

My wife and I have decided that we both love doing polish now and want to build up our colour collection. Next up will be a deep cobalt blue by OPI we both noticed!

I've been buying some new colours from the "Nicole by OPI" collection which are just awesome - nice metallic shades. Right now I have a nice deep blue (like a Pepsi can blue) on, and may do some purple this weekend when i get my fill done. Still loving it!

Last weekend I changed my colour again to this nice DEEP dark purple that has a bit of sparkle to it, and under some lighting, looks blue! Maybe blue-violet? All I know is, I LOVE it! Keeps people guessing, that's for sure, and just looks awesome :-) and yes, it's so much nicer to pay for quality products like OPI that have good staying power - they cover way better than the cheap stuff.

The wife and I went to the manicurist today; she had an appointment and when we were there, I said to her that if they can take me, I'll do the manicure/pedicure as she was and I had to wait anyway.

Well, they took me and my wife and I had the pedicure at the same time. Now I had black nail polish on the toe nails to start with and therefore expected the same on the way out. My wife tried to get me to get clear but I went for the black, even after some insistence on her part. I went for clear on the fingernails so met her half way!

It's all about the heel!

Today when AI go in for my fill, I think I shall shoot for a nice deep burgundy color. The darker tones seem to work well for me, so this is yet another experiment. I did buy a nice reddish color called Malaga Wine yesterday that I may try after I get bored of the color I get today. My wife and I have started our own OPI collection, and add a new color every payday - fun stuff!

Next choice: Tokyo Pearl or "Pearl's Night Out"!

Life is art. and I'm just adding more colours to my pallette!

Today was yet another new shade, and this one I adore! Black Cherry Chutney! It is a DARK red shade that looks FAB in sunlight! If you can find it, I highly recommend it. Yet another OPI brand colour in case you were wondering *wink*!

My feet were killing me from work so I decided on my day off to go for a pedi. I went back to a place I haven't gone to a while. Anyways, an hour and $25 later, it was a good time and I'm back at my old place!

What color did you get?

Today, Black nail polish on toes (by self) and Revlon 'Pink Nude' with French Tips (by manicurist) which I think looks really smart. I do try to grow them a little longer than 'normal', not excessively though (say 6-7mm tip) but do suffer from some breakages and flaking. However, persevering and improving. Have been considering a silk wrap on one particular nail that flakes very badly - does anyone have experience of these? Regularly sport polished toe-nails in the summer when sandals can be worn, with polished finger nails year round. I have never had any comments except from one male colleague at work (positive). I don't know if this is because people just don't notice (probably) or because they would feel uncomfortable making negative comment.

• 4 weeks later...

Just painted my toes 2 Saturdays ago (during a pedi) for the first time (my othe pedis have been non painting), and love them! Clear, with designs on the big toe. This coming Saturday I'll be French Tipping them too. It's funny, as I've just felt nice seeing them, and knowing they look good, since I had them done. So, yes men...do it!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Just painted my toes 2 Saturdays ago (during a pedi) for the first time (my othe pedis have been non painting), and love them! Clear, with designs on the big toe.

This coming Saturday I'll be French Tipping them too.

It's funny, as I've just felt nice seeing them, and knowing they look good, since I had them done.

So, yes men...do it!

Hey Scott, I love a good french polish pedi because if it is done right your toenails look longer and it looks like you take of yourself!!!:thumbsup: