Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

Very nice pedicure. That;s my favorite color too, bright red. Now I'm wearing hot pink from my last pedi, that I got early in October, "Breast Cancer Awareness", month. I have gotten a lot of positive compliments on my pink color.

Happy Heeling,

blujay

I am currently with my wife at the spa where we both just got pedicures for our 21st anniversary day together. Toes are currently drying on my first professional pedicure with color, as opposed to years of self done ones. As I sit sipping champagne, she is also getting a manicure. Both of the technicians who did the pedicures have been very relaxed and supportive about me having my toenails painted in public. Said they have not had many guys do so, but said they love the color I chose, and that seemed to relax my wife (worried about how it would be received). I am having a great day. Highly recommend it to all out there.

post-3089-0-24835900-1385061709_thumb.jp

post-3089-0-68521800-1385062145_thumb.jp

Nice color kzcolt. I usually get red, but I'm wearing pink on my toes, now.

You should have no problem with color on your toes. I do it all the time and I'm not afraid to show them off with sandals in the summer. Now since it's colder I have been wearing peep toe pumps, so my pedi shows off. My wife is  OK with my colored toes, but at first a few years ago she was somewhat apprensive, about the color, but after I got several compliments on my pedi she has accepted it and now likes to see my polished toes in color.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 5 months later...

I just got my first pedi for the spring season, yesterday. I chose a color called , "Flashy Fuchsia". Very nice color. Normally I wear red, sometimes bright pink. I love the new color. So does my wife. I even painted my little pinkies the same color.

I really enjoyed myself at the salon getting my pedi. The Oriental, woman nail tech was fine with putting color on my toes. She even liked the heeled sandals, I was wearing.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I am currently with my wife at the spa where we both just got pedicures for our 21st anniversary day together. Toes are currently drying on my first professional pedicure with color, as opposed to years of self done ones. As I sit sipping champagne, she is also getting a manicure. Both of the technicians who did the pedicures have been very relaxed and supportive about me having my toenails painted in public. Said they have not had many guys do so, but said they love the color I chose, and that seemed to relax my wife (worried about how it would be received). I am having a great day. Highly recommend it to all out there.

I'm a little late with this response, but I think that's a great blue/gray color.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine are painted all year round, currently purple.

We recently holidayed in Gran Canaria where there is beach walk between the towns of Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles. Hundreds of people enjoy the walk every day. 

We found it amusing that walking bare foot, toes on show, caught so many peoples eye when there are hundreds of nudist bathers, substantial numbers of gay & lesbian people - you can image that it is quite a colourful scene, but because there were so many, it was just the norm. It was my toes that had peoples' eyes popping !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve always felt that men should be able to wear nail varnish (at least in discreet colours), especially with strappy sandals. I like wearing light and open sandals (not easy to find in larger sizes) whenever the summer weather allows and went out today for several hours in my latest pair, but this time decided to take the plunge and go with my toes suitably painted.

My sandals are black Birkenstock Piazza, as here: post-695-0-28535200-1403812636_thumb.jpg This model is now sadly discontinued and was only ever made in sizes up to Eu43; my pair in Eu45 were adapted from the Mayari model by removal of the extra strap across the instep; they are very comfortable. I wore them with shorts in pale mauve and a co-ordinating shirt in a mauve on pale blue check. My toenails were painted with a very pale ‘mother of pearl’ varnish, which is barely noticeable but has a slight silvery shimmer. I also wore a very thin silver ankle chain – another ‘first’ for me.

My outing was totally uneventful, in that I got no obvious reaction from anyone to my ‘feminine’ footwear, toes and ankles. I liked the look and felt good – especially after years of hesitation. I will certainly do it again – but not close to home.

• 3 weeks later...

I DID IT! Pro pedi with color.

I had to work through a lot of angst and muster my courage to do this. Walked into the salon where I have been getting (colorless) pedis for a while now. The young woman who did my mani/pedi seemed very receptive to the idea. As I recall, her exact words: "Great! We can have some fun!" (Hope she wasn't just being gracious to a customer...) When she started the mani, she asked if I wanted to put the same color on my fingers. I had to decline that, it would not go over well where I work.

So, here are my first-time pro polished toes, with my new 9W wedge sandals in a cameo role.

Regards, Logjam

post-18337-0-23088500-1405271579_thumb.j

Very nice looking pedi. I like the blue, too. I never had blue on my toes, but usually get them in red, fuchsia or purple. Right now I wearing the "Flashy Fuchsia" color from Sally Hansen. I have no problem with polished toes. I get a professional pedi , monthly. My nail tech loves to do the color on pedi's for men. The last time I was there, another man got gun metal grey on his toes. She says that she does several men with color on their toes.

Recently, I saw a man wearing, men's sandals with purple polished toes. I wanted to compliment him, but I was in line at the check-out and he was leaving the store. He left before I could talk to him.

I always wear heeled sandals to get my pedi. I do get compliments on my polished toes. I'm sure you will too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thank you, Bluejay!

And, an update - once more, mustering my courage, I went "public" with my painted toenails. Ran some errands and went to a local bar and grill for a bite and a brew. Bottom line - I concluded that no one notices, or wants to say anything either way, or (most likely, I suspect) cares one way or the other.

Regards, Logjam

• 9 months later...

Another update. I've been back about a half dozen times to the same salon where I got color the first time. There are three young ladies working there, all three have done my pedis in various colors. One now offers to pick a color for me, one suggests colors, and the third asks my preference. On the last visit, the one tech was applying polish (a metallic gray). The one who has been suggesting colors finished with another client, walked over to check the work in progress, smiled, and said, "We need to keep going until we have tried ALL of our colors on you!"

Regards, Logjam

Mine are rarely un-polished - maybe a few days a month to rest the nails. I also get manicures and pedicures every month. 75% of the time my finger nails are clear, 25% something else. My toes have a variety of colors, my favorites are mauves and light pink.

For just getting into color, i'd suggest very light pinks, nudes or metallics. The former two are fun but not so striking, the latter is a bit more masculine (perhaps)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wearing polish for a lot of years now, my favorite tech/friend has retired with 2 young kids so I had to go find another tech.

Toes are never without OPI gel now, and try a new color every month. so fun!