Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

Got my second pedicure with color last week. I wanted to try something more subtle this time, though I really did like the purple. I went with OPI "Cosmo Not Tonight, Dear" from the Russia collection. It is a very champagne color. So far, so good.

Style is built from the ground up!

I finally got my new colour a couple of days ago, and love it! This one is called "Extravagance", and it's part of OPI's Designer Series line - a really cool magenta with a huge amount of diamond dust shimmer added in! Love it love it love it!!!!

post-29-13352288008_thumb.jpg

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Everything that can improve the final look is be a good idea, isn't it ?

I would say yes on that one. Just make sure you are comfortable with the overall picture - full-length mirrors really help out here.

• 2 months later...

Well, for the last 7-8 years I have had my toes painted, done by a spa and Lady who I know well on a regular basis. It is great! I started with a full pedicure, I found it to be a major stress relief having my foot massaged. Then to top it all off getting them painted, I am hooked. I t also made me pay more attention to my feet and hands. It does not bother me if I am seen in public with them done or not, I do it for me. My GF does not mind me dong them either, in fact at Christmas we do a couples pedicure with wine and cheers with the spa owners. Mtnsofheels

I do. I have ugly dis-colored toes therefore I wear nail enamel. I go for Pedicure every two weeks and the nail tech takes cares of my nails. WooHoo. Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

Black toe nails all of the time; wife tolerates it but won't go for dark red.

Just a suggestion...I got a deep purple pedicure the fist time I got color. It was an OPI color from their France collection called "Yes I Can...Can" I chose it because I thought that it was a fairly masculine color. My stylist who told me she has several male customers who get nail color thought it was a good mtch for a man as well. It was closer to black than red, if you are wanting to try something a little different, give it a try. Another shade of purple that I have worn is OPI "Suzi Loves Sydney" from the Austrailia collection. It is redder than the former while still being quite dark.

As for reds, I really don't care for red nail polish on anybody. With all of the colors out there, I find it a bit cliche, so I don't think I would ever do red personally. I have come to view nail color as an important fashion accessory that can give a pair of heels just the right splash.

Style is built from the ground up!

Get mine pedicured every month, change colour. Normally go for browns or darker pinks. Sometimes for a bright colour! Have also started doing gel on my finger nails. Get a french from time to time. Had a cool French with dark blue instead of white the last time.

Me and my fiance go every two weeks to get our nails done, and always get matching colors... They are french right now, but run the gamit from red to dark purple. She loves the fact we get pedicures together!

As in other threads, always during summer months when I wear sandals most of the time. Sometimes french, sometimes black, wine, blue and occasionally red. :winkiss: I just think painted toe-nails look good on anyone and shows that you are concerned about looking good.

I never paint my toes, i see no reason for it. However i do paint my toenails so now and then. Basicly i do it whenever i will wear shoes with an open toe (fetish parties), just bare man feet dont look very actractive, the color (often bright red) makes it much better. I can't be bothered to take it off later. I always say to myself...that will wear off in no time..yeah right!

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

• 4 weeks later...

Today's colour of the day was a donation by a friend of mine - nice new bottle of a bronze-ish colour by China Glaze. Went on well, and only took 2 coats! Sweet! I'll probably keep this all week, like I do every other colour change.

Hello again.........haven't post recently i have been busy but always reading the forum and specially this thread. Ok i have tell you about my last experience, i had to go to a conference in Baltimore for 7 days and well since i knew that i had to go i stared planing everything so i could find a close nail salon to paint my toenails. Finally the day came and i was really exited because it's not very often that i paint my nails in a nail salon actually i've done it so far 2 times and away from home.......i know , i know, it's stupid to keep hiding something that i love this much but it's just hard to come out on this one to my wife at least. Well knowing that the conference was in anothe country for me US i was really exited i even planed to buy some sexy sandals to wear my toes in public. So i went to this nail salon asked for the pedicure and well i've been letting my nails grow a little so the french pedicure will look better on my toes, when i got to the nail salon it was full i mean full 6 chairs all ocupied like 6 girls doing manicure, but nobody gave me bad looks, so i took a chair i stared soaking my feet and well the lady told me i see you like to have your nails a little longer, they look very nice, and then she asked me you want me to trimm them a little i said yes just a little because i want you to paint them french, and then the woman replied, you want color on them and everybody in the nail salon just heared it was like if the world stoped, jajaja i said very confident yes please i'll like a french style, so then she did it and everybody didn't care about it i have to tell you they looked super sexy and i loved how they looked so i got the foam flip flops they give you on the nail salon when you use closed shoes and like the nail salon was like 4 blocks away from my hotel i walked all the 4 blocks like that, couple of guys in a gas station gave me weird looks but what the hell they didn't know me so it was cool. So i got to my room and i put again the close shoes to go shopping for some woman sandals, there was a store close to the hotel and i went walking i got in to the store check out all shoes there was people in it and when finally found the ones i liked more i asked for size 11 the woman was your wife has big feet and i told her, no, they're for me, and she was like these are woman shoes and i was like yes i want to try them on, so she got my size 11 and when i took of my sox and i put them on with my french pedicure she almost die there, she didn't said anything but the look was the worst anyway other people saw me trying them on and gave me weird looks but didn't care, so i told the store clerk that i was going to leave the store with the sandals on, so she took the tag from them i pay them and walked out from the store and walk to the hotel and some college kids saw me and they laught but like i said didn't care probably because i was not in my country, so i spend some nice days with my toes painted........Ah forgot by the 3rd day i went again to the nail salon because i wanted another color a style a saw on a picture of a woman on the internet, i attached the file so you can see how i paint them, they're not my toes but i painted like that girl............anyway this time the salon was all empty and i was so relaxed she change the polish on my toes and again walked all the way to the hotel on the foam flip flops. I was such a nice experience, sad that i don't have the courage to tell my wife about it.

post-14265-133522886935_thumb.jpg

Bright frosted dark blue, for me. Tried it about 6 months ago. Love the color--occasionally wear it topside as well.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

My toenails are way too ugly to paint. That certainly isn't going to improve their looks a bit and would be a waste of time and money. Anyways, I don't think anyone would want the job if they saw how ugly they looked. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I tried daring new color my friend Chippy bought for me....."Santiago Sangria" by OPI. Absolutely LOVE this colour, and it's perfect for summer! Definitely one to add to the rack o' colours!

I think painted toenails look good. I prefer the dark blues and purples or very dark red. I often go out in open toed shoes with painted toenails in the summer. I get a few secound looks but no one has commented. My girlfriend did not like it at first but seems to quite like it now - she definitely does not want to see me in heels though ;)