Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

Well, spring has finally sprung and I'm sure that many of you are dusting off your open-toed heels and sandals and are generally getting ready for summer. So today's poll concerns the guys who are going to show some toe this season. However, we definitely want some input from the gals on this one. So the question is: Should Guys polish (varnish for you Brits) their toenails this summer? Let's get some reaction on this one!;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

When in public barefoot, mine have been chrome or metallic gold. The girls like them, the guys are questioning, but they notice. With the gold, I was with a beautiful 23 yr. old dancer, and she was asked if she did mine. I was flattered, but I said no. Ever since then, she always asks what color I have and wants to see them. She was wearing polka dots in our last competition, and asked whether I liked them - yes! When in the men's locker room, the only other color I use is almost unnoticeable pink or flesh color. My salon girl selects those.

Im glad this topic came up, as this was something I wanted to try, so last week, I did for the first time. To my surprise, I actually liked what I saw. Unfortunately, I cannot do this all the time, as the family will notice. They noticed my hair free legs and started to ask questions, so if they saw polish, I cannot imagine what will be asked ;)

I think it's a matter of personal taste. I don't like my nails polished but I take care of them with professional people. Good looking nails are important, but polishing them is for the ones that like it. The known sentence applies here in my opinion: If you like it and it works for you, go for it!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Im glad this topic came up, as this was something I wanted to try, so last week, I did for the first time. To my surprise, I actually liked what I saw. Unfortunately, I cannot do this all the time, as the family will notice. They noticed my hair free legs and started to ask questions, so if they saw polish, I cannot imagine what will be asked :sad:

Hi there, Pumplover, and welcome to the forum. :smile::wavey:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I just started painting my toes, well my wife has been painting them for me. I love it, so does she, and I show them off while in sandals. I am just getting used to wearing it on my toes and am considering my fingers. (The wife is pushing for it). I don't show them off to folks that may oppose or would be offended. However if it becomes more a norm, which I hope it does, than I will absoulty show them off to everyone. It's a fine line of when to and when not to show them off. What I really am hoping for is a time when people notice and just shrug it off as they would if a women was wearing the same color on her toes.

• Like 1

I did not answer the poll because it is not for me. If I said never or no then it would sound like I did not think it was for men or men should not wear it. I don't feel that way. I just don't like polish in general, male or female, but is just my taste.

I did not answer the poll because it is not for me. If I said never or no then it would sound like I did not think it was for men or men should not wear it. I don't feel that way.

I just don't like polish in general, male or female, but is just my taste.

Well, it's mighty difficult to cover all the bases with one of these polls. I started to have a minimum of 5 possible answers, along with the gender ID. Then I found out that I had only allowed for a maximum of 6 answers, which meant that I either had to eliminate one category or eliminate one gender selection. As it turns out, only the males are answering anyway, so eliminating the gender ID would probably be okay.

It sounds to me like your answer would either be: Not Sure or the one that I left out, Don't Think So.

While I profoundly respect your feelings on the subject, you are only the 2nd or 3rd man I've ever heard object to cosmetics.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

You lucky man! Soulmate wants to see ozzy next month and i said yes on condition i do complete goth look, ie eye make up nails etc... which i shall ask her to do... then tell her what a good job she did, must do it again... cunning plan baldrick

I'm planning to paint my finger and toe nails soon. Probably a dark colour like a dark red or black. I've seen plenty of guys do it and I think it is easy for a guy to get away with. Saying that, I hate smell of nail polish.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I voted for "May be". It's my own decision if I like to polish my foot nails. It's not necessary for wearing sandalettes as a guy. I have sometimes let grow my finger nails very long and have painted them together with my toes in light blue metallic or gothic black. But that's my own style in public - look at my motto :smile:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I voted yes. I currently get a manicure and pedicure about once a month, but only have gotten clear on my toes. I would love to try color sometime, just working up to it. Any suggestions on a first color to try?

I voted yes. I currently get a manicure and pedicure about once a month, but only have gotten clear on my toes. I would love to try color sometime, just working up to it. Any suggestions on a first color to try?

I would suggest a fairly dark colour, like a red or pink. I have tried a light pink, but it was not sharp enough. But this is just my personal opinion.

I suggest you to try a bright red. It looks so great on toenails.

I have been wearing colored nail polish on my fingernails, continuously, for almost a year, and sporadically on my toes. The sky has not fallen, and women seem to like it. Nail polish on a man does not play well with rednecks, but I don't date redneck women. Weekly, I stop at the nail salon, for polish or acrylic fills. A well maintained manicure is necesary, if you want to use polish. Lots of women comment on my manicure, almost all of them positively. Usually, I have blue polish, with gold glitter. It sparkles!

hadnt done nailpolish with soulmate yet, but we're goin to see ozzy next month and i said i wanna do full goth makeup, nails, eyeshadow, mascara, and soulmate said we'll hav to get some black mascara 4 u.... could b the start of great future....

I'm actually thinking about painting my nails this weekend as I'm off to a party on Saturday where I will wear some heels.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Well, the initial response is far better than I anticipated, but the one problem is that the guys are out-voting the gals by about 20 to 0. Can we have some female input :smile: here, please?

Well, so far it's a runaway. That is, the guys are running away with this poll about 50 to 1. So where are the girls? What ever happened to Blond Bimbo, Suzan the Original, or Wolfgang, or any of the others I know are lurking out there? Don't tell me that suddenly none of you have an opinion on this?:wavey:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I too get a regular pedicure but only have gotten clear polish. I think people should do what makes them happy regardless of gender. I voted maybe because in order for nail polish to work, you gotta have nice feet.

Style is built from the ground up!

I too get a regular pedicure but only have gotten clear polish. I think people should do what makes them happy regardless of gender. I voted maybe because in order for nail polish to work, you gotta have nice feet.

What makes a 'nice' male foot?

A mans foot will never be as nice as a female foot no matter what you do to them IMO :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a French Pedicure all of the time. There are different types of French Pedicures and the nails on mine have a light pinkish tint with the white tips. Within the course of a week, at least two or three women will complement me on my pedicure and ask where I got it done. All of the women tell me that it looks really good and that it is really very cool that I take care of my feet. It is really a conversation started with women even though I don't care about that because I am hapily married. My wife and I go to the same nail salon and get maincures and pedicures every two weeks. Tomorrow is the day for my bi-weekly pedicure and I will get a pink-and-white French Pedicure again. I have tried dark red and garnet and and also received compliments, however, I get a lot more compliments with the French Pedicure and it looks so clean and pretty. Women really love it. I also wear an 18K toe ring on the second toe of each foot. There is also another comment that I constantly get from women regarding pedicures, so guys, please take this to heart because 90 percent of women will tell you this:

If you have ugly feet (i.e. yellow nails, hairy feet, crusty feet, etc) do not expose them. Women do not want to see that! It really grosses them out! If you have hairy feet use to hair remover, shave them, or wax them. As for the other conditions, get to a podiatrist and get something done about them. Otherwise, just wear closed-toe high heels and don't subject women to your hobbit feet. I think that the aforementioned advice is required if we are ever going to get high-heels accepted in the mainstream. If we go about it in a gross manner, it will never be accepted. On the other hand, if we have nice feet with a good pedicure and pretty toenail polish, we will get positive responses from women. It's really that simple.

As a side note, one of the women that complimented me on my pedicure today also had a French Pedicure. She commented that my feet were much nicer than her feet and jokeingly asked if we could trade feet. She also liked by Payless platform sandals in raindow colors. I told her that she had really pretty feet (which she really did) and that I was very flattered by her comment. So guys, make an appointment at a local nails salon and get your toes pedicures and polished. You will love it.

Jamie :-)

Jamie :-)

Well, the initial response is far better than I anticipated, but the one problem is that the guys are out-voting the gals by about 20 to 0. Can we have some female input :smile: here, please?

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!