Leather Skirts/ suits to work?

RubberVicki

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leather pants is out of question for males here at the office, if you have some career ambitions at least. There is a guy in this building who has been seen wearing leather pants occasionally, and that is ok, but your managerial skills are somewhat extrapolated from your behaviour which includes outfit. So the guy in question will stay in his position for a long time to come, which may be exactly what he wants. Somebody wearing leather pants can never be able to manage a budget, for example. You can laugh, but that is reality in the 21st century. So in the weekends I have worn leather coming to the office but that is then again a different thing than during the week. For women it's kind of different. My wife regularly wears various kinds of leather skirts and jackets to work, although never a leather skirt and leather jacket at the same time (overkill, she says!). Colo(u)rs that I remember: beige, broken white and black for the skirt; beige, black and wine-red for the jacket. Looks great in my opinion.

What's all the fuss about?

Leather clothing other than shoes is expressly forbidden at my EPM. However, I don't own a leather skirt, so I've never been tempted. I have a black leather jacket and a brown one, tho', but I've never worn those to work either.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

A few of the corporate biker types wear leather to and from work, and we're talking riding gear here. There was a woman, she may be with a different company, and she wore leather a lot. If I had a leather skirt I know I could wear it. I have worn a PVC skirt to work, snakeskin pattern, and no one has said anything. But then, people like me. Why, I have no idea, but they do.

If I had a leather skirt I know I could wear it. I have worn a PVC skirt to work, snakeskin pattern, and no one has said anything.

But then, people like me. Why, I have no idea, but they do.

You're probably a nice person then :smile:

I'm sure that powerful, concious women can wear leather skirts in a corporate environment, but they must have a certain kind of personality. It DOES trigger second thoughts in the male department, and if the woman in question is prepared for it, she can use that to her advantage.

I have our director of sales in mind, a 40-year old powerful and classy woman. She'd gain from it, she already has a lot of power and is respected for what she is and does. A leather skirt would not make people think that she does it to catch attraction and she would look good in it just like that.

The other extreme: a 22 year old receptionist, who's known to be "available" for the asking, giggles a lot and is not particularly famous for saying the right things at the right moment. She enjoys when guys give her "friendly slaps" on her lower back and she uses the most awful perfume which you can smell from 10 m distance. She would be whistled at, (by the kind of guys who also would slap her on her buttocks) and that's not something I consider very respectful. Even if she would be pretty (which she's not, and she's also obese into the red alert zone) people would give her a certain look. For this kind of people it's hard to believe that she would wear the skirt for aesthetic reasons.

So same skirt, same environment, different perceptions...

Bert

I visited a prospective client earlier this year and the person we met was wearing a very nice expensive leather skirt. It obviously worked for her as she was promoted shortly afterwards and we never saw her again :grin: . We didn't get the contract either, but it was fun trying. About the only place I see leather (or PVC fake) skirts is on the town on a Friday night (Oh - and hanging in my wardrobe :smile: )

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Behave, I work in a respectful environment, I just enjoy dressing to express myself.

I didn't want to insinuate the opposite, but you can't blame us for wondering what kind of corporate environment would tolerate _rubber_ clothing.

Bert

I agree with Bert, leather skirts definately can look flattering and professional, however they're something which can be seen to give off the wrong vibes. I love leather myself and own a number of skirts which I mostly wear out and socially. On the odd occassion that I have worn one to work I have received nothing but compliments about them, I never realised how many people like leather! I work in a fairly conservative environment (I'm a doctor in a large inner city hospital) and no one has ever (to my knowledge) criticised my skirts. Maybe it's because people are used to seeing me in leather, I virtually live in my leather jackets. I think that for the most part it's what you wear with a leather skirt and the way you conduct yourself that determines how you are seen.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone I own a leather skirt-suit, I wore it firday night, but I've never worn it to work though, I've also got a small collection of leather skirts that I've never worn to work either, though I have thought about it on numerous occasions but never quite felt brave enough when the morning comes around. Sue

• 11 months later...

I've been wearing this outfit to a BBQ party lately and got many compliments for my leather skirt for being elegant and not tarty.Posted Image

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 4 weeks later...

I wear different colored leather pants to work regularly. Mostly black though. Of course that is the nice thing about being 50% owner if the company. My employees have now ventured into expressing their love for leather. It has been a great experience. I do wear heel boots to work as well and don't get much but a good compliment or two. Hope you all get to enjoy the same experiences soon!

In 1985 a tall blonde secretary who was then 68 years old came to work in a leather skirt and rounded-toed pumps with 4 inch heels. I was 29 then. Advanced age does not preclude attractiveness. Young men would find any excuse to bother her in her office. I had a tremendous crush on this lady and was always bringing her little gifts. A young girl who worked in the company library was "after" me in those days and she was very annoyed that I was spending so much time visiting the older woman.

Michael

I have worn one piece of leather clothing to work (excluding shoes) many times. Usually a leather waistcoat, but sometimes a leather shirt. No doubt I could wear much more, two or three pieces and get away with it. I am the kind of person who gets away with things. However, I really don't like the look of more than one piece of leather clothing. It's some how all too shiny and just "not me".

Why didn't you explain that you might just take another look at her if she wore heels?

She did a couple of times. She was 19 but looked like a small girl wearing her mom's clothes. She was also quite awkward. The older woman had a full figure and confident manner with men. I also liked her stories about when she was at teacher's college (which must have been in the 1930s).

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I have and love to wear my leather skirts (black, cream and tanned) and leather skirt and jackets suit (cream and red) to work. Just wondered if any one else wears any leather clothing to work.

Vicki

XX

Mistress Marina:I have many lether skirts,dresses and pants in my wardrobe I do wear many to the job and oh yes I do love the complements I would like to chat with you more please contact me take care

• 4 weeks later...

I see this sometimes. I don't wear my leather skirt to Court primarily because some Judges won't allow it and insist upon "Professional" attire. Those Judges are mostly older & Republicans. . .

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I don't wear my leather skirt to Court primarily because some Judges won't allow it and insist upon "Professional" attire. Those Judges are mostly older & Republicans. . .

What is considered to be "Professional" attire for female Lawers in the States ?

I think here in the UK women have to wear a black skirt suit at Crown Court. I know some Judges used not to allow trousers to be worn by women in court, One Judge actully abjourned the Court and ordered the female defence barrister to change out of her trouser suit. But I think this might be relaxed now.

Some years ago a female barrister was in dispute with the Inland Revenue over her skirt suits. She claimed that she only wore skirts at work and therefore her black skirt suits were Tax deductable. I think she lost her case.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Those few Judges who are persnickety regarding this prefer suits with skirts/pants (it is an unspoken hint that they prefer to skirts.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Anita wrote:

Those Judges are mostly older & Republicans. .

Of course they would be conservative and Republican. After all, who else would insist that a case be judged according to the law as written and good decorum rather than a social precept?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know why this thread is included under 'fetish things'. Surely leather is just another clothing material, and has been for centuries. Of course one would have to have been living on another planet not to know that some people associate leather with dominance and even S & M, but there are people with a fetish for almost anything. I'm sure there are some men who are turned on by sleek business suits, but nobody considers that. I wear leather several times a week, and apart from very occasional remarks in the street ('Where's your whip, darling?' sort of thing!) nobody makes anything of it. I wear it to church, often with my highest heels, and at almost any professional gathering. I think a great dsservice is done to so many otherwise acceptable kinds of clothing by deliberate associations with fetishism. I should prefer it if the word was removed from the heading to this section.