Next Year's International Heelmeet.

Dr. Shoe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone for New York ? I just saw that that camera I wan't will be almost $1000 cheaper in the US. That would almost pay for the trip ;)

You don't have to ask me twice! I was there last Halloween and is seriously looking to go there again this year, heel meet or not.

Kneehighs have done a great job in the past with the heel meets and organized a lot, even if they weren't in NYC, but it would be nice to see some more people sharing the load of organizing a heel meet. I know how much work there is around arranging different kind of meetings and even though I am sure KH wouldn't mind another heel meet in NYC, I think he wouldn't mind some help.

What do you think, KH?

You don't have to ask me twice! I was there last Halloween and is seriously looking to go there again this year, heel meet or not.

Kneehighs have done a great job in the past with the heel meets and organized a lot, even if they weren't in NYC, but it would be nice to see some more people sharing the load of organizing a heel meet. I know how much work there is around arranging different kind of meetings and even though I am sure KH wouldn't mind another heel meet in NYC, I think he wouldn't mind some help.

What do you think, KH?

Maybe we could even share an apartment, like this one:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/14942.html

What do you think, KH?

Thanks for the thanks! Its possible for one in nyc, except at this very moment in time, I have some pending career changes possibly coming. If I say I will do something, I DO IT. Right now, I'm sorry to say, I can't yet make that commitment.

Maybe we could even share an apartment, like this one:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/14942.html

I wonder where in Queens that is? My guess its Sunnyside or Woodside...

A $1000 split three ways comes out less than £200 for a week in october. I think I could go with that!

Now that would be cool! The first ever UK member to fly cross Atlantic for a meet. By the way, here is a picture I thought you might find interesting.

Along the lines of this thread, I've actually been dreaming up ideas for next years World Heel Meet 2008. It is going to change people's lives and impact them in ways they could never imagine.

Provided the idea meets the Board of Directors approval (Dr. Shoe, admirer5577, iloveboots, and me), this will be the plan:

World Heel Meet 2008: COME AS YOU WILL BE IN 2013

Join us for a celebration that will strech your imagination and catapult you into your own future

Arrive as who you will be 5 years from now. Dress your very best. Speak only in the present tense the entire evening, as if it were already 2013, all your goals have been achieved and all your dreams have already come true.

You have already "come out of the closet." You have integrated heels into your life at work, with family, with friends. Bring props to show everyone what you have achieved in the years between, such as new freestyle streetstyle outfits, stories of successfully selling the public on the legitimacy of our community, magazine editorials of men in heels, Vogue cover shots of men in heels, etc.

Since shoes are but a small part of our lives, bring things to show everyone what you have achieved outside of streetheeling interests as well. Best selling books you have written, awards you've won, and photographs of your achievements. Throughout the day you will have the opportunity to applaud others in not only their freestyle achievements, but life achievements too and receive congratulations.

The purpose of this "come as you will be in 2013" theme is create an emotionally charged experience of what it will be like when we have made it--when we have all achieved all our dreams. When we all spend a day living out the lifestyle we want and deserve, we will plant powerful seeds deep into our subconscious minds that will later support us in detecting opportunities, magnetically attracting the right people into our lives, and gracefully transform our dreams into reality.

We'll spend the day bragging about our accomplishments (foremost in relation to streetheeling, but including other aspects of life as well), celebrating the successes of others, talking about how happy and fulfilled we are as freestylers and in life.

Most importantly, we should stay in character the entire day.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks for the thanks! Its possible for one in nyc, except at this very moment in time, I have some pending career changes possibly coming. If I say I will do something, I DO IT. Right now, I'm sorry to say, I can't yet make that commitment.

Well theres still time.

There are plenty in Manhattan too, I just clicked on Queens expecting it to be a bit cheaper. Maybe we could see some high heeled nannies in Flushing:silly:

The purpose of this "come as you will be in 2013" theme is create an emotionally charged experience of what it will be like when we have made it--when we have all achieved all our dreams. When we all spend a day living out the lifestyle we want and deserve, we will plant powerful seeds deep into our subconscious minds that will later support us in detecting opportunities, magnetically attracting the right people into our lives, and gracefully transform our dreams into reality.

We'll spend the day bragging about our accomplishments (foremost in relation to streetheeling, but including other aspects of life as well), celebrating the successes of others, talking about how happy and fulfilled we are as freestylers and in life.

Excellent idea. More power to you.

There are plenty in Manhattan too, I just clicked on Queens expecting it to be a bit cheaper. Maybe we could see some high heeled nannies in Flushing:silly:

Well, although it will come out cheaper outside Manhattan I think I vote for staying somewhere on Manhattan. So far it is plenty of time but the further ahead you are, the cheaper it will.

And as I said, I would consider going back to NYC, will there be a heel meet or not.

Well, although it will come out cheaper outside Manhattan I think I vote for staying somewhere on Manhattan. So far it is plenty of time but the further ahead you are, the cheaper it will.

And as I said, I would consider going back to NYC, will there be a heel meet or not.

There are plenty of reasonal apartements in Manhattan too. Most of them do have double bed, though. I think most people would prefer single.

There are plenty of reasonal apartements in Manhattan too. Most of them do have double bed, though. I think most people would prefer single.

Yeah, I saw that too when i browsed through the apts in Manhattan. I guess we just need to look at many rental sites and hopefully a suitable place can be found.

Now that would be cool! The first ever UK member to fly cross Atlantic for a meet. By the way, here is a picture I thought you might find interesting.

Along the lines of this thread, I've actually been dreaming up ideas for next years World Heel Meet 2008. It is going to change people's lives and impact them in ways they could never imagine.

Provided the idea meets the Board of Directors approval (Dr. Shoe, admirer5577, iloveboots, and me), this will be the plan:

I quite like the idea except I doubt whether I'd been able to afford a boob job by then! ;)

Tara xxx

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Not to change the topic here, but in reference to the World Heel Meet 2008, its only fair that I tell the following story. In 1986 there was a party. The theme of the party was, "come as you will be in 1991." A movie producer came with his wife. His wife had just begun writing and had yet to even write a complete book. But she did bring 3 mock ups of books she had written. And everyone else acted as if they had already seen her on Oprah, on the Today Show, and on Sally Jesse Raphael. At that same party, a man acted as if he was already a New York Times best selling author. He even brought mock up reviews of his #1 best selling books. That woman later went on to publish the internationally acclaimed best selling book, Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. Her name is Susan Jeffers. That man? Well he was Jack Canfield, who later when on to co-author the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. This brings me to one more story illustrating the power of this idea. In the 70's there were two college roommates. They both loved golf. One roommate had the dream of one day winning the Masters Tournament. The other had the dream of being a CBS sports announcer and specifically the one that interviewed the winner of the Masters Tournament. They rehearsed this scene by acting with each other as if that future dream had already arrived. 14 years later, that dream became reality when Fred Couples won the Masters, was taken to Butler Cabin to be interviewed by a CBS sports announcer who was none other than his college roommate, Jim Nantz. Once the cameras stopped shooting, the two hugged with tears in their eyes. It is my hope to create an equally compelling future for our heel meet attendees. What if the world in 2013 already accepts men in heels? What would it be like if you came out to your wife and she accepted it? Or found a partner that encouraged it? And since heels are but a small part of our lives, we can expand this to include other aspects of our life as well. Perhaps a cocktail party/dinner is the best for this...as an entire day of staying in character might be a bit much. But a few hours surely seems reasonable and realistic.

Dr. Shoe, iloveboots, and admirer5577: I sent you each a PM suggesting a possible date for next years World Heel Meet 2008. I can't wait to get the date settled so we can work on other aspects of the meet. ;)

Hi Kneehighs......

Just sent my vote on the date on a PM to you along with four compelling reasons why. Look forward to see what the outlook is from everyone else.

david

Dr. Shoe, iloveboots, and admirer5577: I sent you each a PM suggesting a possible date for next years World Heel Meet 2008.

I can't wait to get the date settled so we can work on other aspects of the meet.

;)

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I am awaiting a second confirmation from Charlotte regarding the date we discussed via pm. Once I get that confirmation, we'll have a date for next years Annual World Heel Meet 2008 and I'll purchase my airfare to London...if anyone wants to talk about arrival dates (iloveboots, admirer5577) please PM me.

Well well well, I'm discovering all these posts now as I hadn't really time last weeks. If I can give my opinion I'd say: 1. I agree for an High Heel Meeting every year in March in London. 2. I agree for an HHM every year in October in a different city (for coming one in order of my preferances: Berlin (I was there in heels 3 days last Dec and it was cool), Hambourg, Copenhagen, Prag, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Lausanne-Geneve, Barcelona, Madrid,...). I'd agree also for NYC but I'd have to manage more days-off at work. 3. Your idea, KH, "come as you will be in 2013" is really GREAT. That would be the title of the next meeting. I'm dreaming today of a society accepting men in heels in 2013. How could we give an impulse to the fashion for men in heels??? That could maybe be the start of it! 4. I agree the idea to have a combination with a special party during the weekend (like TG). Like admirer said: it's "The icing of the cake"... mmmhhh yummi yummi

Looks like a complete rip-off to me. The original price was £60!!!! I can't see how it would be any better than the Torture Garden (£24) or Club Rub (£18). Ok they might have a band on or a caberet but still... (Personally I thought that TG was on the limit for ticket price). Interestingly, it's in the same street as the Starbucks where we met for the heelmeet.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The date is now 100% certain!

The Annual World Heel Meet 2008 date is set!!!

Check your PM's! (iloveboots, Dr. Shoe, admirer5577).

The way in which I received this information is very fascinating by the way. Its a perfect illustration that we attract into our lives what we think about, what we magnetize ourselves for. I had spent about two hours researching the history of TG dates...all the way back to 2004. I was about ready to log off my pc when I received a pop up notifying me I had a new email from Charlotte, indicating they were 100% sure about the upcoming date. Before I sat down at my PC, I had thought to myself how I want closure on the date for the WHM 2008, how it was my goal to have a firm date by this weekend. And right as I am about to log off, proof that Thoughts Become Things evidenced itself!

I am seriously considering organising some budget accommodation at around £15-30 per night if anyone's interested? I might also see about hiring a minibus for sight-seeing...?

I am seriously considering organising some budget accommodation at around £15-30 per night if anyone's interested?

I might also see about hiring a minibus for sight-seeing...?

Both suggestions sounds good to me.

I am seriously considering organising some budget accommodation at around £15-30 per night if anyone's interested?

I might also see about hiring a minibus for sight-seeing...?

You should PM iloveboots on this. We don't want to duplicate our efforts and he is already also working on getting various hotel deals (Hi, Medium, and Low budget) in the same vicinity.

As for me, since I'll be coming as I will be in 2013, I'll be staying in the best hotel that other hhplace members will be staying at.

Awesome news Kneehighs....full steam ahead on the Valentine's edition of the 2008 Annual Worldwide Heelmeet in London!!!

david

The date is now 100% certain!

The Annual World Heel Meet 2008 date is set!!!

Check your PM's! (iloveboots, Dr. Shoe, admirer5577).

The way in which I received this information is very fascinating by the way. Its a perfect illustration that we attract into our lives what we think about, what we magnetize ourselves for. I had spent about two hours researching the history of TG dates...all the way back to 2004. I was about ready to log off my pc when I received a pop up notifying me I had a new email from Charlotte, indicating they were 100% sure about the upcoming date. Before I sat down at my PC, I had thought to myself how I want closure on the date for the WHM 2008, how it was my goal to have a firm date by this weekend. And right as I am about to log off, proof that Thoughts Become Things evidenced itself!

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"