Next Year's International Heelmeet.

Dr. Shoe

Following the monumental triumph of the Heelmeet weekend I feel as if it might be a nice idea to put forward ideas for next year's meet while it's still fresh in our minds! Please vote and add any suggestions. Please note I will only accept suggestions from those who came! LOL Exactly the same as the last one? In a different city? Different time of year? Anyone up for one in October?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr Shoe, once I get some more time, I'll pm you. Over dinner on Sunday as a group, admirer5577, myself, and iloveboots came up with some remarkable ideas for next years event--to be promoted as a group with each member taking on individual "job duties". It would be alot easier that way.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Dr Shoe, once I get some more time, I'll pm you. Over dinner on Sunday as a group, admirer5577, myself, and iloveboots came up with some remarkable ideas for next years event--to be promoted as a group with each member taking on individual "job duties". It would be alot easier that way.

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm also positive about october. I like London, but wouldn't be against NY or Rome as Airwolf suggested.

My ideas about coming heel meets is that they should be held in bigger cities. Many guys may still hesitate to go out in public unless they blend in un-noticed and that you can do in a big city. Another aspect is that going to a bigger city mean that it is easier to justify the costs as it will not be "just" a heel meet but also in combination with a holiday of some sort. I also think it has to be held some place where there are at least a couple of guys are living in order the correct meeting places can be found. What you guys found in London was just about perfect, no one could have asked for more there. Being a quite new member I have no knowledge about the previous meetings (before Ams last August) but London seem to be a very good choice in my opinion. I think it is possible to fly there relatively cheap from most places in Europe and there are tons of things to do if you don't want to spend the whole week-end in heels. Unfortunately the prices in general are a little high in the UK though. The icing of the cake this time was the party at Torture Garden. It was a first timer for me to go to a place like this but definately not the last visit. Most of us that do street heeling, more or less frequent and open, are more or less cautious about where we go and don't really appreciate a wolf whistle from across the street from a bunch of strangers. At a party like TG no one takes a second look at you and it is a feeling of freedom that can't be explained I think. I guess we were like 10 guys from this forum there and I saw at least 50 other guys in heels. So my personal thought is that finding a party like TG in combination with the meeting week-end is the best. Last Halloween I spent in NYC and that was also a blast. I am honestly looking at going there again in October this year, may there be a heel meet or not. Well, now I have been writing too much in my postings the last days but I am still excited over the last week-end, sorry. There is a danish club that has a party in Copenhagen in mid april, and guess what the theme is this time? Shoes, boots and stockings!! Guess where you will find me the 14:th of April? I think my outfit can last another party and I was actually surprised I could wear my 5,5" stiletto pumps the whole evening last Saturday so they will come along too. Maybe anyone here on the forum from southern Sweden or Denmark that wants to join me there?

I am seriously considering block-booking a hotel slightly out of town for around £30-40 per night and then hire a mini-bus to commute everyone to and from the various events. I think it would be even more fun if everyone were in the same hotel and at those sort of prices a few locals could justify it too! At least for one or two nights anyway... There are also places where we can eat cheaper too, it won't be of the standard of Morgan M but it'll be good enough.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I am seriously considering block-booking a hotel slightly out of town for around £30-40 per night and then hire a mini-bus to commute everyone to and from the various events. I think it would be even more fun if everyone were in the same hotel and at those sort of prices a few locals could justify it too! At least for one or two nights anyway...

There are also places where we can eat cheaper too, it won't be of the standard of Morgan M but it'll be good enough.

It would be totally cool if everyone lived at the same hotel.

There are also places where we can eat cheaper too, it won't be of the standard of Morgan M but it'll be good enough.

I agree, I did have second thoughts about Morgan M - before the meal. It probably wasn't the best venue for a heel meet, but the food was excellent and I'd say amazing value for the standard of cooking. The difference in cost between ok food and excellent food in London can be negligible.

I'm still a supporter of Paradiso. It's a great venue for a heel meet.

I am seriously considering block-booking a hotel slightly out of town for around £30-40 per night and then hire a mini-bus to commute everyone to and from the various events. I think it would be even more fun if everyone were in the same hotel and at those sort of prices a few locals could justify it too! At least for one or two nights anyway...

I agree, I did have second thoughts about Morgan M - before the meal. It probably wasn't the best venue for a heel meet, but the food was excellent and I'd say amazing value for the standard of cooking. The difference in cost between ok food and excellent food in London can be negligible.

I'm still a supporter of Paradiso. It's a great venue for a heel meet.

Hey guys, on some level, I'm largely responsible for Morgan M. Though I may not have chosen the specific venue, Fog was kind enough to recommend Morgan M....as I am a total foodie and love to eat at the best restaurants in the world--whether Paris, Prague, Amsterdam, or London. Morgan M was more about the food than the heels. It was about heelies coming together with a view for what they have in common beyond just shoes.

Or Copenhagen. Direct flights to many a city as it is SAS' global hub.

Yes, it's true. But that could actually be a reason NOT to be in Cph. SAS is the only "full price" airline I have flown with that have the service of the low fare ones. I am swedish myself and make all my flights from Cph and I probably should promote SAS instead but this unfortunately is the fact. On cross atlantic flights it is supposed to be better though.

If you don't wanna fly SAS there are numbers of low fare airlines too; RyanAir, EasyJet, Sterling etc. I flew London and back with Sterling for about £60/$120/€95 which is reasonable. Sterling have flights to many big cities and they normally goes to the bigger airports like Ch de Gaulle, Gatwick, Shiphol and not the ones that are +80 km away from the city itself.

To/from the US I flew with Icelandic Air which also could be a possibility.

But apart from SAS the city of Copenhagen is a good place. For me it would be very nice as I go there in about 1 hour with either train or car. And it is a city of many free-spirited people too I think. We do have some forum members from Denmark/Cph that might add some more facts here. But I can already now say that I for sure would attend there.

I'm not so sure about the Copenhagen idea as it can be expensive I gather but Hamburg might be nice... I quite like Berlin as a city too.

I'm not so sure about the Copenhagen idea as it can be expensive I gather but Hamburg might be nice...

I quite like Berlin as a city too.

I like Berlin as an option. Mostly because i can go there without flying. That has become a real pain with all these security measures. A bus is so much easier.

I like Berlin as an option. Mostly because i can go there without flying. That has become a real pain with all these security measures. A bus is so much easier.

If we are a bunch of guys from Sweden and Denmark we can just get into a car and go there in some hours. The same goes for Hamburg which I think can be a great city too.

DrShoe: Why would Cph be expensive? Compared to London it is much cheaper. I don't know if flights to Germany would be that much cheaper for you UK:ers.

I'd happily go for Copenhagen. I haven't been there yet; though correct me if I'm wrong but the women don't wear heels too much in Denmark and there isn't such a variety of shoe shops. That's why I thought NL or Germany could be better.

I'd happily go for Copenhagen. I haven't been there yet; though correct me if I'm wrong but the women don't wear heels too much in Denmark and there isn't such a variety of shoe shops. That's why I thought NL or Germany could be better.

I agree.

I've been to Copenhagen from time to time, touring with jazzbands - the last time only a month ago. Lovely city and people etc., but as Firefox says, nothing exciting there in the way of Danish Heelwearing or great shoeshops, so possibly not as good for a Heelmeet as say London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome etc. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

So it looks like Hamburg or Berlin then...

When admirer5577, iloveboots, and I had dinner on Sunday night following TG, I was under the impression that we pretty much reached a consensus that London was the best location for a major meet. All three of us agreed to work wholeheartedly to promote a meet in London, but not necessarily in other cities.

iloveboots has contacts with some people in London, I now have contacts with some people at TG (not Dee, but Charlotte who can possibly let us know of their schedule up to six months in advance), and admirer5577 handles logistics for travelers exceptionally well.

I'd have to bow out of a major meet in Hamburg or Berlin. Perhaps those two cities might work for a mini-International meet (which I could not participate in), but for a major World Heel Meet, I would have to say that London is the best city in the world.

Thank you Kneehighs. It is important to go back to the very basic roots of the "Annual Worldwide Heelmeet", i.e. an opportunity of "firsts". The one thing that I heard from nearly all attendees of the 2007 Annual Worldwide Heelmeet was "this is the first time I did this, that, etc. There were many that experienced being in public in heels for the first time. Riding the Tube in heels for the first time. Going to a fetish nite for the first time. The Annual Worldwide Heelmeet gives many the opportunity to experience these "firsts" with those of us who have experienced some of these things. That is what makes it so cool! There are always going to be great opportunities and individual heelmeets put on by members in Berlin, Amsterdam, New York City, San Francisco etc. The Annual Worldwide Heelmeet has a special place for us all, the opportunity to meet many many new friends, experience many firsts and the opportunity to grow. The basics to work from include: have out of townwer's stay at one or two main properties with a good price range, this achieves the goal of creating new friendships and sharing, as well as it is great for coordination. A location around Oxford Circus is great for shopping, proximity to clubs, and a great place for locals to meet for changing if required. We can build from the contacts we made on this last trip. have two or three key events for people to focus to. i.e., the Millers was a great venue, lots of room for growth, and a great owner willing to work with us. The Italian restaurant off Great Portland Street (Sardis) has already given us a great rate and opportunity to host a dinner. And, tieing the whole heelmeet together with Torture Garden allows those members who have never experienced a fetish nite to enjoy one of the best in the world. add to this a "vendor" showcase at the Miller's heelmeet day. i.e. a few tables/displays from some of the shoe/boot sellers, i.e. Leatherworks, Jean Gaborit, etc. along with a few fetish retail vendors and we have a fun useful opportunity for the heelmeet day. If everyone is in agreement that this direction makes sense we can begin to put the 3 days together, with some approximate costs, dates so people can begin to plan. London is very central for most members. I know Kneehighs, Admirer5577 and Ramon and I are all gunho to make the 2008 version of the Annual Worldwide Heelmeet a roaring success with the hope of seeing more of our HHPlace members have an opportunity to enjoy some firsts. And best of all, discover some long lasting new friendships. I know coming home from London this past monday the greatest joy was knowing that I had made over 20 new wonderful friends that share a common passion and each and every on eof them are truly wonderful people! Hope this all makes sense? Did I capture what we discussed Kneehighs, Admirer5577 and Ramon? david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Hope this all makes sense? Did I capture what we discussed Kneehighs, Admirer5577 and Ramon?

david

You are right on the spot there David. I think there is one other big advantage too, London is english speaking which makes it all so much easier. Most germans speak english too but in France and Italy it can be hard to get understood sometimes.

And just one small correction to your posting, the name of the restaurant is "Sergio's" and it is located on 84a Great Titchfield Street. Any one being in London should definitaly have a meal there, it was a great restaurant.

So I guess it looks like we'll all meet up in London again next year. The one who decides to organize it can put me up on the "probable attendee" list already now!

Hope this all makes sense? Did I capture what we discussed Kneehighs, Admirer5577 and Ramon?

david

yes, Yes, and YES! Great job! ;)

You are right on the spot there David. I think there is one other big advantage too, London is english speaking which makes it all so much easier. Most germans speak english too but in France and Italy it can be hard to get understood sometimes.

And just one small correction to your posting, the name of the restaurant is "Sergio's" and it is located on 84a Great Titchfield Street. Any one being in London should definitaly have a meal there, it was a great restaurant.

So I guess it looks like we'll all meet up in London again next year. The one who decides to organize it can put me up on the "probable attendee" list already now!

logistics, Logistics, and more LOGISTICS. Great point.

TBH the language barrier is something that puts me off too. It seems that the Europeans that came London all spoke English very well in comparison to my Italian or German! I suppose if we've done something right it'd be silly to change it...

TBH the language barrier is something that puts me off too. It seems that the Europeans that came London all spoke English very well in comparison to my Italian or German!

I suppose if we've done something right it'd be silly to change it...

I think London is a great place for heelmeets. I just don't want to rob any britons the possibillity af traveling to another city for the meet. I think it can be liberating to go heeling in a city where you don't live. The language thing could be a problem in Germany as they're english is usually not that good . I bought my car in germany and none of the staff or with the authorities spoke any english. Man, that was hard. I'm still open for other places though than London though. I wont say that if it's not in London, I won't go.;)

I'm wondering whether the answer would be to have the International Meet in London every year with the same format and then organise another one in a different city each year in say October, November sort of time...

That is a great idea! There is something to be said for the consistency of the Annual Worldwide Heelmeet to be in the same location, i.e. London every march, for people to plan to. But a second heelmeet in the Fall that rotates to different cities, great idea. david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

The more I think about it the more I think that it would be perfect doing it like that. I don't mind doing the London IHM but if someone else wants to start planning the October one?

I like the idea of a rotated location meet in addition to the London one. Me and my OH can combine it with a short weekend break.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005