Next Year's International Heelmeet.

Dr. Shoe

Just purchased my ONE WAY TICKET to London! Wooohooo....there will be four of us organizing next years meet, double wooohooo! So, its not just kneehighs anymore! For the next 10 months it's a coordinated GROUP effort: Dr. Shoe, iloveboots, and admirer5577 will all be contributing to this meet!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just purchased my ONE WAY TICKET to London! "Just purchased my ONE WAY TICKET to London! Wooohooo....there will be four of us organizing next years meet, double wooohooo!"

One Way???

Are you Moving to England?

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 2 weeks later...

Lurker/Super nervous/1st timer here. I’m interested in joining a heel meet, but never felt comfortable free heeling and am reticent about jumping in. So, I have some questions regarding the format of these meets. Please bear with me. Since I am a traveler and have family or clients in many major cities in the US and the UK, I’m a little concerned about privacy. For instance, I have family in the village in NYC and would never consider free heeling there for that reason. (Not to mention a lot of clients in Manhattan.) So, from all I’ve read here, I fully expect that everyone is respectful of each persons level of comfort with free heeling and associated privacy. With that said, and a wish to not seem oblique or even creepy at an event, I might not be all that comfortable offering up details of my career, where I live, etc. My wife (Of 19 years) knows of my interests and indulges in her own heel wearing for my sake, but prefers to ignore my wearing of heels. To spend some time with others of like mind would be fun, but again, the anxiety is super high. Would it appear rude to arrive for the 1st days outing sans heels if I decided that I just could not muster the comfort? (Nerves, not foot) Some general information about the events and personal interactions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. BTW – KH, I’m a major foodie as well, so better food and environs are always preferred.

Yes. You'd love the heelmeets, especially the International Heelmeet. Firstly, the meet itself is in an enclosed environment (we have exclusive use of a pub for the day) so you can turn up in boring shoes and change when you get inside and spend the entire day in heels without going outside (if you want). Secondly, you will settle in to the whole Heelmeet ethos within a few minutes and see how friendly everyone is and how the actual wearing of heels is no big deal at all, and we'll have you trogging up and down Oxford Street in no time! The whole point of the meets is to support those for whom public wearing is a new thing and a big deal. It's also for the more experienced who might want to wear styles they wouldn't normally wear.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Lurker/Super nervous/1st timer here.

I’m interested in joining a heel meet, but never felt comfortable free heeling and am reticent about jumping in. So, I have some questions regarding the format of these meets. Please bear with me.

;) No worries, I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Since I am a traveler and have family or clients in many major cities in the US and the UK, I’m a little concerned about privacy. For instance, I have family in the village in NYC and would never consider free heeling there for that reason. (Not to mention a lot of clients in Manhattan.)

I understand. You don't want to risk being seen by family or work, which is a common fear. Some of us are still at your same level while others have been able to move beyond it without unintended negative repurcussions.

So, from all I’ve read here, I fully expect that everyone is respectful of each persons level of comfort with free heeling and associated privacy. With that said, and a wish to not seem oblique or even creepy at an event, I might not be all that comfortable offering up details of my career, where I live, etc.

What we recommend to first timers is to bring a bag with some high heels in it. Come in flats and change later if you feel like it. airwolf, for example, came dressed in sneakers and brought his heels in a bag to SBUX near London Bridge. He eventually changed shoes. Other attendees were completely respectful of his level of comfort too.

As far as disclosure about one's private life is concerned, you are free to disclose parts of yourself at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. We don't knock members who are more private online, we don't knock members who are more private In Real Life either.

My wife (Of 19 years) knows of my interests and indulges in her own heel wearing for my sake, but prefers to ignore my wearing of heels.

There are other members like yourself who more than likely would be at the meet.

To spend some time with others of like mind would be fun, but again, the anxiety is super high.

I think most people feel that way about attending their first Heel Meet. I know I felt that way too. I didn't know if the people I was meeting up with were normal, odd, or just plain weird? But I took the plunge and since my first heel meet, I've organized a buffet of many meets around the world. This forum is amazing, but meeting people in the real world intensifies that experience by TEN.

Would it appear rude to arrive for the 1st days outing sans heels if I decided that I just could not muster the comfort? (Nerves, not foot)

Not at all! In fact, we recommend that for first timers!

Some general information about the events and personal interactions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BTW – KH, I’m a major foodie as well, so better food and environs are always preferred.

There is a team of 4 organizers for the upcoming Annual World Heel Meet 2008: Dr. Shoe, admirer5577, iloveboots, and myself. We'll be announcing the details sometime near the first week in May.

And as far as food is concerned, we can talk about a smaller get together before the meet later. We like to respect the different budgets at the meet, but have made trips to higher end restaurants in the past. For what we pay though, the food at The Miller is really quite good.

Hope to hear more from you. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask them here or pm me, Dr. Shoe, admirer5577, or iloveboots.

Hey Guys, Thanks for the responses. (And the PM) I figured I receive a welcome. I'm still uncomfortable with free heeling and will try to work on that a bit. But I’m aiming for attending next year’s world meet. This’ll give me some time to work on my nerves. Unfortunately, most of my heels are too high for a walk of any length. But, I'll see what I can do about that. KH – I’m in NYC often. Maybe we could head out one night so I could see the responses you get (Or don’t get). Might you be up for that? My next visit will probably be toward the end of next month. Thanks again guys.

KH – I’m in NYC often. Maybe we could head out one night so I could see the responses you get (Or don’t get). Might you be up for that?

My next visit will probably be toward the end of next month.

;) Of course I'd be up for that!

Please check your PM box for additional contact info...

I am ind this time! i hope! tho i a bit hard beeting about it :o/ heheh i hope you are bond of nice persons!

Great news FMW!!

It is great to see that wanna come along to the next meeting. Yet another Scandinavian ;)

And don't worry, we ARE a bunch of nice people. I have only been to three meetings myself but I felt very welcome from the very first meeting. What I find different from other groups of people is that here people do really take care of the first comers. In many places the ones that already knows each other forms one group and the newcomers stands in a corner looking. But this is way different.

Let's keep in touch and see how things develop. As you might know I am flying out of Copenhagen myself and it would be great to meet up already at the airport. Maybe we can get pumps to join us too as I guess he will fly from Cph too. (You are coming to next meeting, pumps, aren't you?)

Prepare yourself for an entertaining week-end. And check your PM the next days. (I am heading to bed now but will come back to you later in a PM)

^ Thanks for the reply admirer5577. As some of you may know now, we are splitting up the duties of next years world heel meet between 4 different people. Any follow up questions should be sent to admirer5577, who will be the logistical field marshal on the day of the meet. You will notice Dr. Shoe and iloveboots taking major leadership roles as well. Its going to be a fun meet for sure! So be ready guys and gals, because the dates and times are coming soon!