Corsets and Heels

bobbie Jane

Just got my 2nd corset which will reduce my waist from 32 to 26. Currently I'm almost down to 27. I can see it will take awhile to achive full reduction. My old corset was a back laced Meschantes and reduced to 28 which was very comfortable even to sleep in. This one is much more restrictive. I attached my nylons and put on my 5 1/2" heels with ankle strap before lacing. This way I could bend to accomplish those tasks. I purchased a black with blue floral pattern overlay Temptress corset from Meschantes and will post pictures later. Below is the type of corset purchased.

Posted Image

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love wearing a corset with my heels and pantyhose. I wear a cincher most days, that is somewhat flexible to allow me to do my regular days work without anyone asking me why i can't bend over. but i love the feeling of being held in by it.

When not at work i'll tight lace with a rigidly boned corset with no stretch, and really strut around in my heels. Love that feeling. If you haven't tried it yet, its worth it! though the corset will set you back a bit.

Hugs!

I love the way you look wearing that corset. Also I like your heels, they look sexy on you. Very gorgeous.

I just had to jump into this thread (and am really sorry I missed it before). I've been wearing a corset periodically for 8-9 years now, generally no more than a few hours per week, and sometimes not wearing it at all for months at a time. In January I decided to start pushing myself, and have started periodically sleeping while laced up (not an easy thing to do!). Maybe I'm just a freak, but I'm living proof that a person *can* achieve a dramatic waist reduction without constant tightlacing. Here's my situation. I can't wear a corset during the work-day, it would be noticed. I wear my corset overnight 1-3 nights per week (and it's generally only 1), and sometimes on the weekend I will continue to wear it through part of the day. The rest of the time I wear loose-fitting jeans, and I have no interest in dieting. So essentially, there's no real reason why I should be making any progress at all in how far I can lace down. Right? My natural measurements are 41-41-40. How boring is that? Starting in January, I was lacing down to about 35", but quickly reduced from there. My corset laces closed at 31", and I have been able to comfortably wear it completely closed for the last couple months. Yeah, that's a full 25% reduction in waist size. My goal is to be able to reach 28" with my next corset, and eventually get down to 26". I was able to lace down to 26" once before (way back when I first started lacing), but I've put on weight since then. Not that I'll let that slow me down! To further that goal, I recently bought a pattern online and will be working with a friend to sew our own corsets. We'll of course have to modify the patterns somewhat to accommodate the waistline I'm working on, but it should fun to see how we do. So my results are probably not typical, but if your body easily adjusts to the required changes, then good results can come without getting in the way of the rest of your life. Oh one more thing... Both Staylace and Wasp Creations have IRC chat channels (the Staylace channel is much more active). If anyone has corset questions, drop by and folks will try and help out. There are a number of both men and women in the channel who wear corsets on a regular, or semi-regular basis.

Well done with your waist reduction Shdwdrgn. I've had a corset for only a year or so, but I wear it rarely (my wife thinks men in female clothes is "disgusting"). I'm a natural 38-35-40, but I can get down to 42+(with breastforms)-30-40 fully tightened, but several years ago, I had a 32" waist and achieved 28" trying on a corset in a crossdressers shop.

I'm also handy with a sewing machine (comes from my engineering background, I think) and would like to make one myself; I'd prefer the underbust style. Where did you get your pattern, and do you know if it's available in the UK?

Good luck with yours,

T

The pattern I picked up is from Laughing Moon. They have both under- and over-bust styles (the under-bust style also includes a men's version). I have had lots of folks recommend these patterns for anyone wishing to learn how to sew functional corsets, and the pattern I received appears to be very complete, with lots of notes and some history. http://www.lafnmoon.com/victunder.htm

I actually bought the over-bust pattern, believing that it will be easier to flatten out the bust area in the pattern rather than trying to add busts into a flat pattern (I want to make both styles). I want to try different styles, including a lightweight waist cincher, an over-bust with shoulder straps, and eventually a long knee-length corset (which I understand is impossible to sit down in due to not being able to bend at the waist). Some will be impractical for all but special occasions, but others I'm hoping to use for daily-wear, something that will hide under my regular clothes but allow me to start more serious training.

Thanks for the information Shdwdrgn, I'll follow that up when I get the chance.

I like the idea of a knee length corset, called a corset dress I believe. Vollers do one; it's expensive, but you could copy the design. I believe the lower part (below hips) has laces both front and rear, so you can have the skirt part as tight as you dare. It should be very restrictive to walk in, particularly with 5" heels, just like some of the tight skirts I've made for myself. Stairs have to be climbed sideways!

Good luck with it,

T

• 9 months later...

Hi to everyone... I like corsets so much as well, i just bought a couple of them one is smaller i cant fit well in it but that was the purpose, i will try to reduce the waist for the comming months and try the small one to fit in it, i will let you know if I could accomplish it. By the way i am looking for info regarding health side effects, I dont know if is true that in the long term the body may get some injuries caused by wearing corsets, do you know anything about it?

V. Morpho

my ex girlfriend and her mother makes corsets as a business and they know everything about them and they say corsets are very safe these days and wearing them non stop wont do any real harm, the only bad thing is after years and years of non stop use, your back does back weaker since its not supporting your top half much on its own and that would mean you would have to keep wearing the corset for support until your back became strong enough again.

I'd have to agree with highheeltrained. Several years ago I got into corseting, even sleeping in it. With constant wear your core muscles degrade so that you become dependent on the corset for support. It is something that just sort of sneaks up on you if you are not careful. Of course if you don't mind being corset dependent it is ok.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I love the first picture. How pretty and profesional you look. That is a great look for you and you look great dressed like that. Enjoy your high heels and corset.

The BEST resource for all things corset related is staylace.com. They have a great medical FAQ written by a corset wearing doctor.

It's a wonderful website.

From personal experience don't expect too much too quickly. A 4" reduction feels surprisingly tight. I can get my waist to just over 24" (from a natural waist of 30") measured over the corset, but not for long as it is almost unbearable and feels like it's doing harm.

Best wishes,

Benno

Love the pattern on the material...

You need to get a corset that you can lace so the laces are an even width apart all the way down the back otherwise you will put uneven strain on the garment and it will quickly become weakened and break.

• 1 month later...

Wow how do you get your legs like that? :-? I wish i could have beautiful legs like you. Oh and where did you get those shoes :o

• 3 months later...

Corsets and high heels - the perfect combo. Add 10 garters and seamed silk stockings, it makes my legs weak. Very nice thread, I will have to go dig through the chest of drawers and see what I can find. Perfect for a saturday night. Jen

I think if I ever did a corset with my heels, it would have to be an overbust with steel boning, so that way it would push everything up and out, and make everything look just that much better. They are so expensive though, but someday I hope to have one!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Oh blimey! This thread puts two of my favourite things together :w00t2:

I started trying to make one and from what I can gather, they're not *too* difficult.

I've been a fan since I was about 17 when I bought myself an overbust 18" black PVC corset from Vollers with 6 suspender straps.

I always loved the John Willie illustrations of the tightly laced, high heels, kinky beauties.

http://www.blackpearlboutique.co.uk/images/About_VeldaLauder.jpg

I was chatting to the lady who makes the above Velda Lauder corset at Erotica and I'm VERY tempted to get one made with a matching pencil skirt in the new year. :lmao:

• 1 month later...

I have a black underbust corset from vollers which gives me a fantastic cinched in look,well under 30" very tightly laced. Worn with just hold ups and 6" pumps makes me feel hot as hell and the way it makes you walk-unbelievable!

I wear mine from time to time, becasue of the tight schedule, but the other day i wore it all day long under shirt, since it was cold i had 3 layers over my corset that was having also a cup D which was not showing because of my sweater, ...when i pull it off at the end of the day, say 10 hours with it, i felt a little weak, than when i went to bed i got a sotmachache, i dont know if it was related to not being used to wearing corsets regularly. no diarrea put only the pain inside me, hope it was not a serious problem.

V. Morpho