Question about sore knees...

quella

Question

I bought my wife a pair of 4" thicker heel knee boots. She wares them for me sometime, and it should be noted that she is not a real high heel wearer; but I'm working on that. :wink: This past weekend, she said that she started to feel sore knees from the height. My question is, is this normal for someone that is not use to this height of heel? Will it go away if she continues to wear high heels? Or, is it just that shoe type or fit that may be causing it? Any help would help me to see her more often in high heels. Quella.

10 answers to this question

I bought my wife a pair of 4" thicker heel knee boots. She wares them for me sometime, and it should be noted that she is not a real high heel wearer; but I'm working on that. :fine: This past weekend, she said that she started to feel sore knees from the height. My question is, is this normal for someone that is not use to this height of heel? Will it go away if she continues to wear high heels? Or, is it just that shoe type or fit that may be causing it?

Any help would help me to see her more often in high heels.

Quella.

Ah, the old knee problem. (Maybe we ought to start some kind of injury/medical forum?) So welcome to our forum.

There are no easy answers for the limited information that you provide. However, assuming that the boots fit well and that your wife actually knows how to walk in them, it may be said that sore knees are not uncommon. On the other hand, if the boots do not fit well, then that alone could cause some problems. On the other hand, if your wife is really not a high heeled wearer and has not made any previous effort to learn how to walk in heels, that could also explain this problem.

Most people are not born knowing how to walk in heels. Moreover, even for those who genuinely want to master this fashion, it takes time and preparation. The average person cannot just jump into a pair of 4" heels and strut around like a movie star. Many people spend weeks and even months working their way up to 4" heels before they master the requirements. Even then, some people sometimes experience some mild pains in their neck, shoulders, lower backs, and knees. In my case, a couple of asprin will usually take care of it. :wink: (This is not medical advice and is for informational purposes only.)

If your wife has little or no prior experience wearing heels, she might want to try some lower heels, say around 3" first. If she continues to experience serious discomfort, heels may not be for her. Some people just can't handle heels.

Do stay in touch and let us know how things turn out.:D

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Thank you for the detailed inforomation in your reply. I have progressed in her stock of heels and have increased height slowly so not to dissapoint her or get her frustrated. She has many 2-3" heels that I have bought her, and the 4" are only for some special occations. I try to encourage her when she wears them, but this was the first time she complained of knee problems. Not having worn heels myself, I did not know if this was a normal response or not. Maybe she will wear them more and learn how to walk in them over time with less discomfort. I try to make sure if she wears the 4", we have time to sit and rest her feet during the event. Again, thanks for the information. Quella

Thank you for the detailed inforomation in your reply. I have progressed in her stock of heels and have increased height slowly so not to dissapoint her or get her frustrated. She has many 2-3" heels that I have bought her, and the 4" are only for some special occations. I try to encourage her when she wears them, but this was the first time she complained of knee problems. Not having worn heels myself, I did not know if this was a normal response or not. Maybe she will wear them more and learn how to walk in them over time with less discomfort. I try to make sure if she wears the 4", we have time to sit and rest her feet during the event.

Again, thanks for the information.

Quella

If your wife has progressed slowly to the 3" level without any problems, then her latest experience indicates that she is very near her height limit in high heels - especially if she has small feet. Do take things slowly, don't have her on her feet for long periods and do allow her to rest her feet if she needs to, avoid stairs and hills - especially winding ones, and by all means, have a pair of low heels handy in case she starts having severe pain. :wink: It might also be a good idea to avoid sugars and alcohol, which have been known to contribute to arthritis.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

It might also be a good idea to avoid sugars and alcohol, which have been known to contribute to arthritis.

Alcohol? Oh, Heavens - I'm a lush! No known arthritis issues, though, and in my 40's I still have it out with the 20-something "kids" in ultimate frisbee each week.

Still, good advice, though, if it's ailing you.

I am a 47yoa male and only recently started to wear 3-4 inch heels when at home. I also have a sore knee and had a MRI and Xrays done that could not point to any problems. But my knee was swollen for over a month and it hurt very much. However, the pain was much LESS when I was wearing my heels. I think they made me use different muscles and the tendons/ligaments aligned differently. Let me point out that my sore knee did NOT stop me from playing golf. However, when I walked on the Greens with my 5inch "spikes" they asked me to leave. I still don't know why. The sign said that Alternative Spikes were required. Go Figure...

Let me point out that my sore knee did NOT stop me from playing golf. However, when I walked on the Greens with my 5inch "spikes" they asked me to leave. I still don't know why. The sign said that Alternative Spikes were required. Go Figure...

Maybe You Should Have been Wearing These....

post-1115-133522850999_thumb.jpg

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Nawww, you are supposed to have most of your weight on the balls of your feet, except when you are putting. Then, they might sink in, but I think she would get a lot of free putts. I doubt that most others would notice if the ball went in the cup or not! Hehe