Is your avatar really you?

Fog

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, me. It was just a recent pic I took when I signed up and I was really into those shoes at the time. Not that I don't like them , just don't get to wear them.

Well actually it's us, me and my wife, showing off our new pedicures. The pedicures were in preparation for a long weekend trip to Laughlin, Nevada for some "gaming" (and heeling) fun. She is wearing a pair of "Impo" slip on thongs and I am wearing a pair of VanEli "Merlion" sandals. When I told the wife that I wanted to post this picture at hhplace she thought it was a neat idea, so here it is. I also attached another pic from a different angle... Take care all, sf

post-230-0-19939900-1369148217_thumb.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes it is me, and it is time for an avatar change. This avatar is me posing in a pair of Aerosoles "Moments Notice" sandals. The sandals have a 2 inch heel which makes them very comfy. They have a strappy, classic look, that I like. I have gotten a lot of wear from these sandals, wish I had gotten a second pair. Aerosoles shoes are wonderful.

post-230-0-88626500-1377442212_thumb.jpg

Is my avatar really me? Ya, for sure. Shopping and having fun. Wearing heels and shopping is a nice escape for me. Sort of the feeling like when I'm running with my ipod and headphones on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-230-0-64321000-1379873677_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-99886200-1379873638_thumb.jpgSub Title:  My first pair of high heels!!!  

A few days ago I was doing some late spring (fall) cleaning and came across my first pair of high heels.  I thought they had gone away a long time ago.  I have written about this previously, so will spare all the pain.  Short story, in 1996 I was shopping for some flat gals sandals (which I had worn since a teen) and came across these thongs in my size.  I tried 'em on out of curiosity and was hooked!  Brought them home, showed them to the wife, she thought I was nuts, we both laughed but no one went crazy.  I have worn these sandals quite a bit and they are somewhat dilapidated but nonetheless, still wearable and very comfy.  I plan on wearing them this fall before the weather gets too cold for sandals.  Will be fun....   sf

• 1 month later...

Our matching sandals....  This avatar update is a picture of my wife and I in a pair of matching heels. The sandals are "Merlion" by VanEli.  We got them from Marmi shoes.  Marmi makes quality shoes in larger sizes and have wonderful customer service.  My heels are a size 11 and the wife's is a size 7.  The heel is comfortable 2 inches high and the shoes are fun to wear.  I have a wonderful wife who is OK with me in heels, and we actually go heeling together.  She occasionally looks around here at hhplace so I asked if she wanted to model together for some avatar pictures, she said OK, so we did it.  Attached is a larger size photo of the avatar pic.  

post-230-0-99412700-1384446973_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time for my avatar update.  This time it is just me solo.  These sandals are from Payless, the style name is "Lucca."  They came out last spring, and were available in many different colors.  The first time I saw them they were worn by a lady that I was working with and I liked the look.  The shoes are in shiny patent, have about a 2 1/2 inch block heel with a metallic ornamentation on the top.  Since I have too many pairs of heels already, and wasn't sure about the patent and metallic trim look, I chose not to get the shoes.  But, I did go to Payless and check 'em out anyway - looking is free ya know.  

In the meantime I saw a few more gals out in these sandals and a lady friend of ours (who knows I like and wear heels), was wearing pair.  I told her that I liked her shoes and she said they were very comfortable.  Skip ahead to this fall (spring for the southern hemisphere folks).  I decided to finally get a pair of these shoes, but since I had procrastinated - they were very hard to find in my size - according to the folks at Payless the sandal was very popular and sold very fast!      

I was eventually able to find a pair (thanks to a Payless manager - I wrote about that in the Payless thread), and absolutely love the shoes.  They ARE comfortable, the heel is stable, and the shiny patent and metallic don't really bother me, instead I think it looks sort of stylish.  I have even received two complements!!  Can't wait to get out in them more this spring…  sf

post-230-0-47976100-1388422890_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-05985900-1388422912_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i aint looked to see if I posted a couple of years ago but yes my avatar is me. 

im wearing pleaser XTC 726 platform sandals

which I wore when I walked 5 miles for charity back in 2009.

they are actually quiet easy to walk in, even for a first timer like I was.

they are also quiet comfortable although a padded insole would of been nicer.

I wish I had kept them

• 1 month later...

Time for an update…  Me and the lovely wife in our matching high heel thong sandals.  We got the sandals a few years back at Target.  I was a bit leery of the thin straps, kitten heel and patent look, but got 'em anyway and glad I did.  The wife loves her pair and we have even gone out together in the same shoes.  It's fun!!  

We had a good time taking the avatar pics too!  She's a good sport!  Take care all…  sf

post-230-0-92061800-1394468566_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-43044300-1394468631_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Yes, It's me, and time for an update.  The sandals in this AVATAR are "Venice" by Annie Shoes.  Got them from Zappos.com last year.  They are a thong style with a 2 1/4 inch slender heel.  They are made of all synthetic materials; I was skeptical at first since I prefer leather, but these sandals have turned out to be very comfortable.  I have worn these for long distances without any discomfort at all.  I like them because they are sort of "plain" looking.  Seems lately all of the gals shoes have some sort of decoration that I can do without.  

When I made the shoe order with Zappos, the lady on the telephone said that the sandals looked "cute" and made reference that "she" should really like them.  I told the Zappos lady that the shoes were for me, she said wonderful, and hoped that I enjoyed them.  A few days later I received a follow up note in the mail from the same Zappos lady, thanking me for the order and telling me to enjoy the sandals.  Zappos is a good source for heels in larger sizes, and their staff are very friendly and helpful.  

Take care all, sf

Attached are a few more pics of the same sandals…..

post-230-0-88200200-1402505197_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-83842800-1402505213_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

So is your avatar really you? Why did you choose that picture?

Yes. I'm the one in the picture, with my favorite boots.

I took this picture with the intention of using it as an avatar and in that pose because I think it is the most suitable. The boots look great and the heel and platform are more than obvious.

This is me taken by my lady earlier this year.

This is a very unusual photo of me as being a 'boot guy' I very rarely wear shoes. Although the heels on these are a touch under seven inches, the platform in just under two & a half inches, which means an equivalent heel height of around four & a half inches & very comfy to wear. I chose this photo for my avatar simply because my lady likes it, (& says it makes me look like a 'real proper lady', lol!).

Yes using the honor system. This is me! =D

Nice. Looking cool.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.