Pains with my feet solved with heels.

DallasHeels

Question

I have been having over the last few years, pains on the bottom of my feet. Mainly between the heel of the foot and the toes. (in the arch area). One day, last week, I was able to wear heels all day without having to take them off. Basically getting up and putting a pair on and wearing them till late at night before taking them off. When I did, I noticed I didn't have the pain in my feet like I normally did. I also found that the next day my feet felt better. Slowly as the days went by my feet started to hurt again. So, I set up a day of heels only and found my feet once again felt good. Has anyone else had this experience or might know of the problem that the heels seem to fix? Maybe I was ment to be in heels :wink:

i often get a strange pain in my arch, usually when ive walked a fair distance in some really flat shoes like my addidas trainers, other times the sharp pain in the middleof the arch appears intermittently. i have to say i never had that problem in heels

I have very flat feet -- no discernable arch whatsoever. I think that is part of the reason why I like the feeling of heels, they restore a more normal arch to my feet.

Have a happy time!

I have flat feet. I have been to several doctors including an orthopedist who recommended heel pads for my man shoes that helped a little. I found at Payless a pair of wedges with a 2.5 inch heel that I wear at home when I can and the relief from the foot pains is almost instant when I put them on. Not sure of the reason for the pains and not a clue as to why the heels relieve the pains. There is some comfort though in knowing I'm not the only one with this problem.

This should be an orthopaedist who answers this question, but anyway I am a physician. I have heard once there is a disorder of the foot opposite from flat foot, characterized by an exaggeration of the arch, that produces pain after walking, and known to releive wearing high heels.

I wonder if this is what I might have. I am not always on my feet all day but sometimes I am for many hours. When my feet will be killing me I will put on a pair of heels with at least a 3 and 1/2 heel and with in a hour my feet do not bother me anymore. I am thinking of going to the Doctor and also telling him what I do to help my pain. I am sure it will not shock him. Maybe it is like sugar pills.lol. Since I enjoy heels so much it make me "mentally" feel better. Just joking....

. . .Maybe it is like sugar pills.lol. Since I enjoy heels so much it make me "mentally" feel better. Just joking....

High heels -- the ultimate placebo!

Have a happy time!

I have had pains in my feet for heels, I will not have surgery and just deal with the pain. Till I read these post. I slipped on a pair of my heels (2 inch) and didn't get much out of it after a few hours. The next day when I got home I slipped on a pair of my (4.5 inch) heels and with in a hour I noticed that the pain had gone away. I really never paid much attention to it because I just enjoyed being in heels. Now for the first time I can go to sleep with my feet not hurting and gives me another reason to wear my heels. Thanks!!!!

I used to get the occasional pain in flats that would go away with heels, but ever since I got really used to heels, I don't get the pain anymore. Heels do help me maintain good posture, though, which is a reward in and of itself.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I seriously doubt that it's a placebo effect. The plain and simple fact is that the very nature of heels changes the geometry of the feet and the way that the weight is distributed. So it's a small wonder when you consider that redistributing upwards of 170 lbs on one's feet and the new angle(s) that the weight starts to hit the floor and one's foot and ankle bones. So about the only real question is why might one person experience pain in heels while another experiences relief from pain?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I went to my podiatrist a month back to see if he could fix some of my foot pain. He said I have problems with my plantar fascia (tissue under foot that runs from heel to toe). He said that I also have a shortish achilles. He custom made some orthotics for my shoes but said that if I were a woman, to overcome foot pain he would also recommend a nice pair of heels!! That was music to my ears and explains why I have no foot pain when wearing my 5 inch heeled boots. :smile:

... He custom made some orthotics for my shoes but said that if I were a woman, to overcome foot pain he would also recommend a nice pair of heels!! That was music to my ears and explains why I have no foot pain when wearing my 5 inch heeled boots. :smile:

Did the Doctor happen to mention how high of a heel you would need to reduce the pain in your feet?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

To everyone who is having foot pain or issues with plantar fasciitis, please check my post from 1-3-09.

http://www.hhplace.org/infirmary_-_foot_care_related_issues/8516-changes_my_feet-3.html

It helped me to overcome my plantar fasciitis. Enjoy your heels, but by all means take care of your feet. It's good to give your feet a break every now and then.

Cheers

Did the Doctor happen to mention how high of a heel you would need to reduce the pain in your feet?

He didn't exactly bubba but he did use the term stiletto, so I'd say over 3 inches. I did have a funny dream of him saying "go out and buy yourself half a dozen pairs of 5 inch heeled boots and wear them all the time!" Ahhh the mind works in mysterious ways. lol

And to kittyinboots, As I only wear my boots for about 2 hours a day at the most, between my boots and my orthotics in my standard shoes, I now have zero foot pain.

He didn't exactly bubba but he did use the term stiletto, so I'd say over 3 inches. I did have a funny dream of him saying "go out and buy yourself half a dozen pairs of 5 inch heeled boots and wear them all the time!" Ahhh the mind works in mysterious ways. lol

And to kittyinboots, As I only wear my boots for about 2 hours a day at the most, between my boots and my orthotics in my standard shoes, I now have zero foot pain.

Hey! Who said he didn't say it....You're the only one that knows for sure what he said. So, why not just go out and get 5 or 6 pair of 5" heel boots and wear them all of the time....And, if anyone asks, you can always say Doctor's orders. The heels relieve my back pain/ :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey! Who said he didn't say it....You're the only one that knows for sure what he said. So, why not just go out and get 5 or 6 pair of 5" heel boots and wear them all of the time....And, if anyone asks, you can always say Doctor's orders. The heels relieve my back pain/ :)

Bubba, In a perfect world, doing what you suggested would be wonderful but with a wife who doesn't support my boot wearing and a job that is ultra conservative, my opportunities for boot wearing will remain somewhat limited, and with the wife scruitinising credit cards and bank accounts, my boot purchasing opportunities are also limited.

I'll be having a boot get together with someone from this forum soon who is local to me which will give me an opportunity for some more boot wearing time which will be wonderful! :smile:

I just wish my wife was supportive but unfortunately she sees my feminine side as a weakness. I'm a strong and supportive husband and father but for some reason this counts for naught, all because I have feminine side that from time to time likes to dress up and wear boots.

Cheers,

Boots4Me

if you look at my avatar you will see me wearing a pair of PLEASER XTC 826 heels. these are 7.5'' monsters with 4'' platforms. would you believe me if i told you that i walked 5 miles wearing these and it only took me 3.5 hours? maybe not. a lot of other people never did either and a lot of people thought it could not be done. the best bit is that it was my very first time in heels both at home or outside. even after 5 miles my feet still felt fine except for 3 small blisters. i believe its the individual person and shoe choice that determines if a person suffers pain or not. if possible try some different styles and see what the results are:smile:

Over the years, I've developed a similar problem too. I wasn't always like this but wearing high heels for years and years now has developed an arch issue in which it only feels comfortable when I have my feet up or wearing high heels. Primarily the arches area. I guess it's a good thing for me since my work calls for wearing high heels anyways :wave:. I would have to slowly ease into my running shoes when I do wear them. After while, I would have to take them off again and put heels back on.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

Yeah, and when you do walk barefoot after a long day of walking in them, I find myself walking on the sides, lol. Otherwise, it hurts to flatten them out. So you can imagine that funny walk to the restroom, haha.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

Omg karan i walk like that when i get out of bed in the mornings, also i notice that my lower style shoes the sole on the outer side wears out very fast ,may me the same with you. karan do you feel your high heels dont suport your feet as they should ie you have a large gap under your arch area that dont take any suport ,with me this is very bad and my sole gets tired in some shoes.

shaz

Omg karan i walk like that when i get out of bed in the mornings, also i notice that my lower style shoes the sole on the outer side wears out very fast ,may me the same with you.

karan do you feel your high heels dont suport your feet as they should ie you have a large gap under your arch area that dont take any suport ,with me this is very bad and my sole gets tired in some shoes.

Sorry to barge in but the ladies name is "Karen" (With an E) :):wave:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Oh, thanks for the correction. Our names so sound much alike. Karen, Sharon, Karen, Sharon. Haha, lol. Ok, as for my feet, my dilemma is slightly different than yours. My shoes wear evenly because I walk fine in high heels. It's just that once they're off, that's when I have trouble walking in the long run. I can usually wear flats for a short time if I don't wear heels all day. But after wearing heels, then it's hard to walk in flats. I suppose I can still, but my feet will be like all scrunched up and tense. I should do some kind of stretching exercises. At least for you and me, both. I do have a large gap under my arches developed over time. That's why in most of my posts on here, you'll hear about me wearing high heels more frequently than any other types of shoes. I don't believe I'm permanently heeled, because I can still wear my ballet flats and sneakers for a short period. Then I have to take them off. It's similar to the feeling of someone whose not use to wearing heels and after awhile, they MUST take them off. Mine is the opposite.

• Like 1

Very good article in the Daily Mail newspaper, Friday 16th July, page 21 if you can get hold of it. Basicly states swappimg heels for flats after work could damage your calves. 'muscles become progressively shorter'.

life is not a rehearsal

Bubba, In a perfect world, doing what you suggested would be wonderful but with a wife who doesn't support my boot wearing and a job that is ultra conservative, my opportunities for boot wearing will remain somewhat limited, and with the wife scruitinising credit cards and bank accounts, my boot purchasing opportunities are also limited.

I'll be having a boot get together with someone from this forum soon who is local to me which will give me an opportunity for some more boot wearing time which will be wonderful! :smile:

I just wish my wife was supportive but unfortunately she sees my feminine side as a weakness. I'm a strong and supportive husband and father but for some reason this counts for naught, all because I have feminine side that from time to time likes to dress up and wear boots.

Cheers,

Boots4Me

Same here buddy, my partner pokes fun at me when I just wear hi heeled cowboy boots! I have to have my boots shipped to a friends home....Don

It is hard for some people to believe that if you have a very high arch, it is more comfortable wearing high heeled footwear than shoes with little or no heels. I seldom go barefoot when walking around the house. I wear some type of "heeled" footwear.