Have You Seen Any Guys Street-heeling? (Survey)

Heelfan

Today in Soho I saw a guy in stiletto boots. Luckily, I had my camera on me and was able to get permission to take his picture. It's the fourth time in the last two months I've seen a man in heels who APPEARED AS A MAN, on the streets of NYC (twice at Fashion Week, once at a bar on the Lower East Side, and today).

EDIT: if you see a guy in heels and have a camera, even a cell phone camera, ask if you can take his picture! A simple, "I love your outfit, can I take a picture?" will do.

© 2007 kneehighs. The following photograph appearing on this site is the property of kneehighs. It is protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of kneehighs. Copyright 2007 kneehighs. All Rights Reserved.

post-486-133522846829_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello friends

i,m have no view men in Boot,s ohter Highheels in my Country. I am the only men in my country were go in Boot,s and Highheels.

I don't believe that you are the only man in Germany that wears high heels. I can think of several others that are members of this forum, Micha for one. He has posted that he lives in the Frankfurt area. And, there are the guys at LaPizza shoes. They all wear high heels when working at their store. And, then there is Joak and Chris007. both wear heels in public in Germany.

I'm sure there are others..Even, I bet our "sweet Gina" knows about some other guys in Gemany that wear them, too.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I don't believe that you are the only man in Germany that wears high heels. I can think of several others that are members of this forum, Micha for one. He has posted that he lives in the Frankfurt area. And, there are the guys at LaPizza shoes. They all wear high heels when working at their store. And, then there is Joak and Chris007. both wear heels in public in Germany.

I'm sure there are others..Even, I bet our "sweet Gina" knows about some other guys in Gemany that wear them, too.

Don't forget heeluis in Hamburg. I had the pleasure of meeting him last month. A great guy that I hope to see again in the future.

SOHO: Broadway between Prince and Houston

Another man appearing as a man wearing stiletto boots spotted around 3:00 today in Soho. I couldn't believe it. I walked behind him for about a block and carefully monitored the reactions: none.

I broke the ice with, "Excuse me, I like your outfit."

He replied, "thanks"

I replied, "You know, you are the second guy in the last week that I've seen wearing stilettos on the street"

He said, "Really?"

"Yeah. Can I take a picture?"

"I'm running late for an appointment right now actually" and he kept walking forward, giving me a cold shoulder.

"It will only take a second..."

"What do you want a picture of? Just me?" as he slowed down.

"Yes" as I stooped down on one knee and clicked the photo that you now see. A group of four blondes, most likely tourists on Broadway in Soho were passing by and watched me take a picture. I could see them look back at the guy...they giggled and smiled, but it was NOT in a derogatory manner...just something surprising to see I'd surmise.

Again, if any of you guys see another man in heels, ask for a picture.

© 2007 kneehighs. The following photograph appearing on this site is the property of kneehighs. It is protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of kneehighs. Copyright 2007 kneehighs. All Rights Reserved.

post-486-133522847002_thumb.jpg

Definately doesnt look like a guy... KH: Whats with the copyright? Turns an amusing post into one a bit cold dont ya' think? Can a "Non-entity" actually claim a copyright? (By that I mean can a nickname on a website own anything - Correct copyright requires an actual real name and/or business identity surely?)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Gary 0618: i love the story! I ride a Harley too and love to wear high heel cowboy boots at times. I purchased a pair of 4 inch custom cowboy boots that I will wear when I am in the mood. I have gotten a few looks but who is going to mess with a guy on a Harley:) Bernheels

Definately doesnt look like a guy...

KH: Whats with the copyright?

Turns an amusing post into one a bit cold dont ya' think?

Can a "Non-entity" actually claim a copyright?

(By that I mean can a nickname on a website own anything - Correct copyright requires an actual real name and/or business identity surely?)

No, I don't think it makes it appear cold at all. I did after all take the picture.

Spotting a man in heels is rare. Spotting a man in heels AND taking a picture is even rarer. I do everything I can to protect my property and reminding others of my legal copyright privileges is an important part of my defense against having others steal the pictures.

And as far as copyright laws are concerned, there is no legal requirement that one use their real name to establish protections.

I'd say guy number two is a guy. When I look at him I think of Richard Simmons. Out of the two pictures posted by KH, I'd say the first guy looks a lot sharper.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Kneehighs, did you tell the guy that you were going to post his picture here?

(He appears that he would be a fun person to know.)

Good question. In neither case did I make mention of posting their photo here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, Thanks to all who have posted in the last ten months since I started this thread in January 2007. A most fascinating and heartening response so far. Thanks also for your complimentary comments on this thread. The one and only criticism came from Micha who didn't like me asking for reports of men streetheeling because he felt that I was asking other people to do the work instead. In fact, the reverse is true because I got the ball rolling with reports of my own, and topped it up with others since, totalling as much as anybody! Personally, I'm confident that it is a valuable thread because the growing knowledge that male street-heeling is being observed increasingly in various nations can only give confidence to those shyguys that were too nervous to step out in heels because they thought they were the only one in the world. So again, great reports this year, and keep 'em coming in!!! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Only a couple, but I live in a conservative area in upstate NY. Last year, I say I guy standing outside the bank with a pair of womens boots that had about 2 1/2 inch narrow heels. He was about 45 years old and was very nonchalant and looked great. His wife came out of the bank and joined him and they walked merrily off hand in hand. What a great sight. This year, I was out in a restaurant with my wife and a guy was sitting at the table next to us with a pair of heels that looked about 3 inches. My wife was very happy that my heels outdid his by about 1 1/2 inches as she would hate for either of us to be shown up by someone else with higher heels than ours.

Thanks to lotsofheels - another good report! Also, I must congratulate Kneehighs on his two real-live shots of guys spotted streetheeling! Great stuff Kneehighs - these photos must be a world first!!! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 months later...

Well i seen a guy in womens boots today while at carousel mall in syracuse ny.Was helping my boyfroend with his work.He does video games.Where getiing ready to leave around 1 pm or so.Was standing there waiting for him.When i hear the sounds of clunk clunk behind me.I knew it was the sound of heels.I look and to my surprise seen a guy wearing heels!!!I was like wow i wanted to say hey nice heels to him but didnt get a chance.He seem to be very confident in wearing them.I didnt see any one else looking at heels either.And the mall is way busy this time of year!Wish i would of had my camera with me.Any way i can finnaly say i seen a guy street heeling!He was with with his g/f or wife also.She wasnt wearing heels though.They looked like boots to me 3 1/2 to 4 inch heels.Thicker stiletto style.And dif womens boots.Or in this case where his boots~~!!

hello friends

i,m have no view men in Boot,s ohter Highheels in my Country. I am the only men in my country were go in Boot,s and Highheels.

No you're not! :smile:

We have at least two that come to our heelmeets on occassion.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that's a guy in the sunglasses. I dunno, something about the cheekbones and the overall shape on the face says "man" to me. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's my two cents worth.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It's a guy. There have been other people on the internet fashion forums trying to figure it out and finally an esteemed fashion blogger from Palm Beach Florida put two and two together:

click this...the first picture is the male fashionista who has made it to the Sunday edition of the New York Times...

I wonder if Bill Cunningham realized he was taking a picture of a man in high heels? hehe

I have only seen one guy in heels and that was two years ago. It was at supermarket checkout [near HeathrowAirport]. He was about 40ish wearing a shirt, jeans and black 2inch heel loafers.

As for me, I was wearing ballerina style flats!