A Classic: The Stiletto Trap

• 3 months later...

This story is still a masterfully written work, and I'm sure lots of people here will enjoy reading it again - or even the first time.

Preeeeeee-senting.........THE STILETTO TRAP!

Ahh, yes, the memories! Per Gotterup, alt.sex.fetish.fashion in the days before all the alt.sex.* groups became spambuckets, the delightful Ms. Margo and all the rest of the gang... The Pattent Letter was still in publication... It was really the first place on the 'net that I found, where people wanted to talk about heels...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great story ! Glad to be reminded of it.

Totally unrealistic from an engineering point of view, but that's part of it's charm

Maybe back then, but now with micro motors and micro electronincs available to us, I'm not so sure. The heel itself can be used to house the micro motors and cell communication and control electronincs. The spike inside the heel can be used as an antenna if so required so long as a metal heel tip is not used. AB foam could be used for the foot encasement though it's going to get a tad warm for the few seconds it takes to set. And the culprit could control the whole thing from a cell phone.

So yeah, if someone set their mind to it, it really could be done now.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

An inventive use of the thriller technique, where there's a dilemma that you can't see any way out of, like with Hitchcock's The Birds, or even Terminator. It just keeps coming. It's particularly chilling to know that you are not alone but none of you can be of any help to each other. I think I'd have written it so the shoes were super comfortable and conferred some benefit, like super confidence or command of respect until, at the end, they were activated and became the trap. I suspect this is just the finger wagging teacher in me who prefers a faustian cautionary tale to a thriller. Enjoyed it though.

I thought about why someone would do this to women and then it dawned on me that the women of the story could be actually part of something much larger than any of them realized. Forced to do their master's dirty work. Pick ups, drop offs, assassinations. All monitored by mini cams and GPS. Sounds like something the government would do.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 1 month later...

I have enjoyed this story each time I have read it, the first being many years ago. IMO it is a pity that no-one seems to write stories like this any more although there have been a couple of attempts.

For those that are into glasses, there was an identical story floating around the internet for awhile except the subject was glasses instead of shoes. It would be difficult to determine which one was robbed from the other. Maybe the same person wrote both.

Maybe back then, but now with micro motors and micro electronincs available to us, I'm not so sure. The heel itself can be used to house the micro motors and cell communication and control electronincs. The spike inside the heel can be used as an antenna if so required so long as a metal heel tip is not used. AB foam could be used for the foot encasement though it's going to get a tad warm for the few seconds it takes to set. And the culprit could control the whole thing from a cell phone.

So yeah, if someone set their mind to it, it really could be done now.

" I lit the torch and tried melting or damaging the heel. I held the blue flame to the black patent portion of the heel above the gold metal spike for about 15 minutes. No luck at all. I was so scared I didn't know what to do. I kicked and kicked the pavement, over and over with my heels as I screamed to try breaking them but nothing changed. The shoes were on my feet to stay........There was a powerful chain/bolt cutter used to cut very large chain. When I knew nobody was watching, I placed my heel into the claw of the cutter and forced the lever down. I used more force, and it finally moved! It was moving down! I was going to be free! After the handle went to the ground, I raised it and pulled my foot out of the cutter. The shoe wasn't damaged! The heel was perfectly intact. I looked at the cutter and realized that it was ruined. It had a large hump in the blade where my heel had been. I ran out of the store and entered my car, crying with fright."

I agree that the control systems and electronics are available today, but the strength and the resilience of the materials are way beyond anything that exists on earth. Maybe they use kryptonite. That would probably do the trick. :-)

Yes I liked the idea of the Stilleto Trap and it was well written albeit with tongue in cheek. I was surprised that the wearer was so challenged with the small increase in heels height. Perhaps if she had been locked in ballet boots , it would have been more interesting

debbie, maybe to you it's just a small increase but with all the running between work, school, and home that I do plus the fact that I'm 5'3" that would be enough of a challenge for me! What heel height do you typically wear? Must be super tall, I envy you from down here in my 4 inchers :unsure:

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

For those that are into glasses, there was an identical story floating around the internet

for awhile except the subject was glasses instead of shoes.

It would be difficult to determine which one was robbed from the other.

Maybe the same person wrote both.

I always used to say to my pupils, there are no new stories, just new ways to tell old ones. e.g. The Lion King = Hamlet, Toy Story = Don Quixote

Sangue16 - No huge babe , my work heels are 5 inch , get more adventurous for parties and weekends. Most of my work clothes are quite fitted so a trouser suit would need that height heel , less important with the skirts though. I'm only 5'5" but have one less thing to do than you , I don't have children.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great story but I'd love someone to provide photos or illustrations for it. I've seen copies of this around the Internet with a relevant picture or two, but it would be great to have images along the way :)

I have enjoyed this story each time I have read it, the first being many years ago. IMO it is a pity that no-one seems to write stories like this any more although there have been a couple of attempts.

This story was cloned shortly after it came out except that the item was not shoes but thick glasses.