Eyelet Source?

mskim61

Some of the laceup oxfords and boots that I have came thru with no eyelets. Over time the laces start to elongate the holes in the leather. Does anyone know of a source for eyelets and the setting tool ?

I buy most of my stuff through Tandy Leather. If they don't have a shop near you go to TandyLeather.com.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

I second the motion about Tandys... You can buy as little as 10 each in some sizes of eyelets, and the setting tool can either be bought seperately or in a set of them...I suggest getting a set, because you will probably need the other sizes sometime. I suggest you observe how thick the leather is along with the linings,to determine how long the eyelet is, (the part that slides through the hole and is crimped by the machine to hold the eyelet in place) Also keep in mind if the eyelet hole is stretched, you probably have to get an eyelet that is wider to fit in the bigger hole, otherwise it will just pull out again. You may decide to have a shoe repair shop do it because they could patch the underside to make it more secure. Sometimes we can install a hidden eyelt, by just putting in a smaller eyelet with a patch underneath the original leather that the eyelet is crimped into, and sew the patch into an existing seam, and then the top leather doesn't show any repair.

• 5 years later...