New to heels

poppi

i don't want look to amateurish in heels out doors

If you have a long hallway at home, put a mirror at one end and watch yourself walk. If not, use a video camera, or even a still camera with a self timer to see your stride. You can find some good (and bad) examples on YouTube.com. Or even go to your local shopping mall and watch heelers there.

Smooth strides, let your hips go, let your knee strighten part way thru your stride. Your leg should be almost straight when your foot touches the ground.

One of the worst things is to have a bad gait in heels, it can ruin the whole look.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Hi Poppi, the first time out in 5" heels would have been a walk in the garden, it was partly flagged, so that was the first time out. We lived in a quiet area down a country lane, so it wasn't long before I was out at night practicing, not going to far at the start, but venturing further and higher as time progressed. That lane was the place I took my 7" LSB courts for their first outing. I came back with sore ankles, but it was a hell of an experience.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

Hi Poppi, I know where you are coming from. That is why some of us want to go higher and higher. As we get used to the height of one heel, we "miss" the totter and struggle, so we aim higher. That is why some us wear ballets and high platforms. in the back of your mind you know that if you take a wrong step that you are going to crash out. Your hubbie obviously likes to see you tottering on your heels. As others have said in this thread, as long as you are happy with that, go for it. It's not as though your trying to push a trolley around Sainsbury's in them is it, where the public might be watching. Enjoy.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

Firstly, welcome aboard Poppi!!! I must commend you on the desire to make your hubby happy. That is a wondeful thing. In addition to all the posts here, i'll just rephrase what I just said. I"m glad you made the choice for yourself to go into higher heelings, with one of the benefits being your hubby is happy and you're happy that he's happy. You were given tons of wonderful advice. I won't repeat them. Practice is the mother of all learning. I like to believe that paying attention as you practice so you can learn from your choices is the mother of all learning. look for what shoes fit better, what shoes are more comfy, what about the shoe makes it more comfy and more wearable. find out which heels lets you go the longest in them. then.. fine tune your shoping to what works. for my lady... i know what works and i stick to that when i get her heels. she's progressed up to the occassional 5 inch. she's thinking about going above, but isn't sure yet. i'm not pushing either. i'm just supporting her amazing progress. i'm also a strong believer in physical conditioning. heels put stress on your body. but the better in shape you are, the better your body handles the stress.. .plus. the more flexible you are, the easier it is to handle heels (ankle strength and flexibility being of emphasis) I wish you much success with your heeling adventures. from what i've heard from the gals on my site, it's an adventure and you climb your way up. as your legs get stronger, you can go higher. but each woman has her own vertical limit and should never be pushed to exceed it. you've already hit 5 inch.. sounds to me like you're a natural (some women are gifted that way). enjoy your blessings. I look forward to chatting more with you here. and if your hubby reads this.. man.. you're one lucky bastard!!! and I say this in all kindness!!! you're one lucky fella to have a lady who wants to go high heeling for you to enjoy!!!!!!! and it's her choice at that!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how many fellas i hear on my site who wish they were so fortunate!!!! RPM p.s. Poppi, make yourself at home!

so what heels are you into?

I love boots and most shoes with a good heel height, but mainly wear boots with a 4 to 4.5 inch heel, and also have a pair with a 5.5 inch heel (see avatar-I am the one on the inside, John is the other one) but I do mean to get some more with a higher heel! John has some with chunky heels up to 3.5 inch and he also stole my 4 inch wedge heel boots (which I sometimes let him wear outside!).

Anne

x