hhplace.org LOGO

Been playing around a bit. Maybe not exactly what is required, but its an idea.

Posted Image

Opinions?

This is really nice... Any way you can make something of it to use for the little grahpics that show forums with new posts etc?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Guest ilovepumps!

This is really nice... Any way you can make something of it to use for the little grahpics that show forums with new posts etc?

Very limited to what I can do due to such a little space to work with, but will try to come up with something.

ROUGH DRAFT IDEA:

Posted Image

Okay, here is a rough draft idea for a logo. Two concentric circles with a line down the middle. The female sex symbol on the right, the male sex symbol on the left, and the transgendered sex symbol on the bottom in the middle. Half of the inner circle is highlighted in black. In that half, we could draw the silhouette of a female wearing pumps, standing like Angelina Jolie is standing below. That figure would be in white against the black background.

Posted Image

On the left half of the circle, we could draw the silhouette of a male. His back would be leaning against the back of the female silhouette. He could wear a slightly thicker heel. That heel would appear to lean against the raised leg of the female. That figure would be black against a white background.

The two figures would appear to be mirror images of each other.

Obviously this idea needs some work, but it could easily provide a modern image we are looking for in the small space needed for a logo.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Guest ilovepumps!

I have touched it up as much I can as per the advice given above. Adjusting the silhouettes is the hard part as I had to change the heel by the pixel. If I added any more heel to the man, he would be wearing platforms hehe.

Here is the second attempt.

Posted Image

Guest ilovepumps!

Some how to me the Guy's legs just not looking right.....

Thats how the silhouette (apart from the heel) came when I found it. If anyone wants to change it, feel free to do so :wink:

Who has the final say what will be used?

Kneehighs are you thinking of something like this?

Posted Image

Everyone, please feel free to critique.

These are just an initial interpretation of Kneehighs idea. a%3Ea%3E

OMG! That is nearly perfect HellOnHeels!! If we tweaked the masculine appearance of the male's physique on the left, it would be 100% IMHO!

Then to make it smaller, shucks. It loses it details.

Ooops, I just re-read the thread and saw the 85 pixel size limit :wink:

As HighHeelArt pointed out the logo becomes a bit unclear :D

Posted Image

Is this being done as a "Vector" graphic or are you working on it in JPG format?

Is this being done as a "Vector" graphic or are you working on it in JPG format?

The silhouettes are bitmaps but everything else is vector. I used the Angelina bitmap as a starting point since it was the fastest way for me to do a mockup. A final version would be all vector. The mockup is about 1000 pixels square so looks fine at any reasonable web size, except for the loss of detail when shrunk.:wink:

If there is interest in pursuing this concept further I can create the vector version which should make the silhouettes sharper but I dont't know by how much.

Also I had to turn it into a tif file to display here. Can you display a vector format directly in the forums? If so what is it?

Also I had to turn it into a tif file to display here. Can you display a vector format directly in the forums? If so what is it?

Erm, you could always shrink the vector down, then save it as a 100% quality jpg to display here?

The height is somewhat flexible too, so you dont have to stick to the 88px, that was meant really as a guide.

Erm, you could always shrink the vector down, then save it as a 100% quality jpg to display here?

That is basically what I did except exported as gif which I thought would preserve detail best. I will play around a bit and try to improve things to preserve detail. Will post more samples, stay tuned.

OK no matter what I do I can not improve the original logo. The screen resolution is just not high enough to show the details. (it prints great at small sizes but thats not much help) I have very little experience designing tiny web graphics so if anyone has some tips/tricks please chime in.

I changed the design around to remove as much detail as possible and enlarged what was left in order to improve the clarity. Let me know what you think.

85 pixels high

Posted Image

100 pixels high

Posted Image

120 pixels high

Posted Image

200 pixels high

Posted Image

120 pixels high

Posted Image

I think this size is the best... This logo is pretty damn good too...

Now, how about colour? Maybe the writing in the grey, with the 2 people in the 2 shades of green or should I stop talking now.... :wink:

OK no matter what I do I can not improve the original logo. The screen resolution is just not high enough to show the details. (it prints great at small sizes but thats not much help) I have very little experience designing tiny web graphics so if anyone has some tips/tricks please chime in.

I changed the design around to remove as much detail as possible and enlarged what was left in order to improve the clarity. Let me know what you think.

Posted Image

200 pixels high

Holy friggin outstanding LOGO batman!

That is amazing! Good job! :wink::spin2:

Now, how about colour? Maybe the writing in the grey, with the 2 people in the 2 shades of green or should I stop talking now.

The graphic is now all vector so colors are no problem. We can go as large as a billboard. T-shirts anyone? :wink:

There is one issue. In order for the background to be transparent the logo has to be a gif. Gif files are limited to 256 colors so I don't think I can match this site's colors perfectly. The silhouette in light green would also dissapear if it was exactly the same as the site light green EAF4E9.

Here are a couple of tests. I like the first a little better but the female heel is not visible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

gif colours arent that limited i dont think...because adobe at least picks the colours it needs for the gif automatically to take up that colour pallet but i could be and probably am wrong.. but cracking logo :D plain, simple, to the point...just like all the best logos :wink: J:evil1:

Did a bit of digging and according to Wikipedia its 256. But PNG may be the answer. Thats a project for another night. For now here is another variation, still a gif.

Posted Image

Outstanding! (not that I'm psychic or anything, but something like that that is what I envisioned when someone first mentioned "logo." -- And I bet I'm not the only one) This particular color really sharpens the silouette and brings the entire piece of art into focus....

I wonder if we can some how fit in mother earth as a symble of that this board reacheas around the world?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

...dont try and go over the top hoverfly...we have a simple logo that works..dont make it over complicated

I don't believe it's that complicated, it does not have to be a very accurate globe, but it would symbolizes an international unity to it. We have Gender, we should show it has no boundaries on where. Actually if it looked as if it was spinning on it's axis...... maybe just show latitude and longitude lines?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

...dont try and go over the top hoverfly...we have a simple logo that works..dont make it over complicated

For whatever its worth, I tend to agree. I like the simple and professional approach.

Ultimately, HellOnHeels is the one with the technical power, or lack thereof, to follow through on this though.