8 Inch heels. What do you think?

Mark & Marilyn

If you're into stilts, then you could probably find 24" heels with 20" platforms, but what would be the point?? :smile::grin:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Have you considered adding 8 inches (=20 cm) to your height? If you and your boyfriend are the same height - with these syhoes youl-ll be a head over him. It is a good way to emphasize your platforms though :smile: But on the whole - go for it! With a 4 inch platform you definitely will feel special and probably your boyfriend and other people will be amazed at the sight :grin:

HH forever!

If you and your boyfriend like them, go for it. However, no matter how high the heel, a higher platform will still put your feet on a 3" to 4" arch.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I had a pair of 8-inch boots with 4-inch platforms but sold them because they saw little use. I'm only 1m70 flat but had problems hitting lights and door posts, couldn't drive my car with them because my knees were hitting the steering wheel even with the seat full back, walking on flat surfaces was easy (after a while) but any side sloping surface was damned challenging and dangerous. I imagine yours to be ok for occasional homewear and wish your boyfriend a happy birthday and much fun in his new heels. ps: I'll remind you of my birthday in a few months.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

Marilyn; It is true that platforms will take a little time to get used to wearing. The best thing I would recommend is to purchase them from a company that has a liberal return policy. During your "trial" period, make sure you walk on soft carpeted surfaces. This will prevent the bottom soles of the shoes from getting wear marks in case you decide to return them. Good luck :smile: PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Heel heights are misleading if you are referring to platforms. I was at a party when this gal came in with these monstor "KISS" like shoes and the actual heel to toe incline was maybe 3 inches. For a real arch stretch try ballet boots with a stilleto heel and those take lots of practice and care when you walk.

I have a couple pair of ballet boots and have spent a couple days in them. Recently I have convinced my husband who has been very reluctant to take the key and I have spent three days in them without any relief. It was painful during the days but even worse when getting out of them and trying to walk in barefeet was like watching Bambi. Sheryl