silicon injections

Cis

Question

24 answers to this question

A Google search brings up a number of places that offer the serivce.

By the way, its silicone they use, soft and slightly fluid.

You would find silicon to be not much different than injecting concrete.

The direct injection of any foreign substance anywhere into the body is very risky and could be fatal, especialy if it migrates to some place unintentionaly. Also, some people are alergic to silicone. Is it worth the risk?

5150PLB1 -- I agree. I think the jury's still out on the silicone breast implants, there is some evidence that the brouhaha may have been an attempt to separate a large corporation from a big chunk of money. But there are some women who swear that they were harmed by them. To simply inject this substance into something as crucial one's feet does not sound like a good idea. It seems like the force of one's weight alone would cause it to migrate through the body and the results of that cannot be good. Jo, on the silicon/silicone theme, you are correct. Silicon is an element and is quite abundant here on planet Earth. Beach sand is mostly silicon dioxide, in an amorphous form this substance becomes window glass. As I am certain you already know, very highly purified silicon is used to manufacture the electronic micro-chips that make our computers work. Silicones are a class of compounds that mimic organic chemicals, except silicon is substituted for carbon. Silicones are available in the form of oils, gels and rubber. Silicones are generally biologically inert -- meaning they don't rot, are impervious to fungal or bacterial attack and do not enter into biological processes. Theoretically they would be inert inside the body -- but we still have all those breast implant lawsuits.

Have a happy time!

at the time i saw the clips on t.v. they made it sound like a miraculous thing for ladies. there is a risk for all injections.. and if injected deep.. yeah.. it's a real issue!! i've also heard of collagen injection too.. for the short-term benefit for heelers who have an event or two to go to that requires heels. last about a week before the body removes it. either way.. too risky for my blood! RPM

I'd suggest these much cheaper and safer too.

Chris

Definately, a vote of thanks for sanity. Why inject anything when so many much cheaper, more effective, and far safer products are available?

I wish I could put it more politely than this, however, those who inject silicone into their bodies are morons, little more intelligent than repeatedly smashing one's face against concrete because they don't like the one they have.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, folks, but injecting silicone is extremely dangerous.

It's more dangerous than riding 150 mph on the Interstate without a helmet. There are countless incidents of death and serious disfigurement, and the link above points to the huge medical evidence of just how disasterous this process really is.

Silicones are generally biologically inert -- meaning they don't rot, are impervious to fungal or bacterial attack and do not enter into biological processes. Theoretically they would be inert inside the body...

Not true. Follow the link above.

. . .

I guess I did not underscore the word "Theoretically" with enough emphasis. The "biologically inert" idea comes from the manufacturers of silicones and they seem to have backed off from it since the breast implant lawsuits. Your links illustrate quite graphically that the theory does not hold. This stuff is dangerous.

Have a happy time!

I guess I did not underscore the word "Theoretically" with enough emphasis. The "biologically inert" idea comes from the manufacturers of silicones and they seem to have backed off from it since the breast implant lawsuits. Your links illustrate quite graphically that the theory does not hold. This stuff is dangerous.

I'm really sorry to have come across so abruptly, JMC. Please accept my apology. My main concern was to rapidly nip this idea in the bud, as it's acceptance has lead to countless disfigurements and many deaths.

I appreciate you being so understanding, as well as your continued support - a definative testamony to your maturity - believe it when I say your presence here is both much appreciated and much admired!

For the rest, yes, sometimes we moderators do not agree. We're as diverse as you are. But somewhere along the way we've learned to work together. I've logged in many times to find egg on my face. Ooops... We learn, we grow, and we move on, usually in more productive directions.

Just an aside...

I tested a pair of the "Party Feet" gel cushions this evening, and they do really work. They're a bit of a pig to get into boots, but once they're in place they do seem to stay put, and provide a welcome extra layer of padding. Because they're some kind of rubbery stuff they're washable and reusable too. You can even keep them in their wee wallet thing to keep the fluff off! That was £4 well spent, next time I'm out in heels the cushions are going in. Chris

Incidentally, does anyone know why this was moved to the TV / TS section?

Chris

Yes. Only TV/TS people are known to inject silicone directly into their bodies in order to modify their topology.

Again, this is an extremely risky procedure which has resulted in many deaths. Please see the links provided earlier.

It's handy for sealing round your bath though! :rocker:

Chris

Or facia along the roofline of one's house, kitchen sinks, etc.

In the body? No.

People would be safer injecting horse manure.

. . . Again, this is an extremely risky procedure which has resulted in many deaths. Please see the links provided earlier.

. . .

Not only extremely risky but also illegal, at least in the United States.

Have a happy time!

Definately, a vote of thanks for sanity. Why inject anything when so many much cheaper, more effective, and far safer products are available?

I wish I could put it more politely than this, however, those who inject silicone into their bodies are morons, little more intelligent than repeatedly smashing one's face against concrete because they don't like the one they have.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, folks, but injecting silicone is extremely dangerous.

It's more dangerous than riding 150 mph on the Interstate without a helmet. There are countless incidents of death and serious disfigurement, and the link above points to the huge medical evidence of just how disasterous this process really is.

first off your about as bright as a burnt out lightbulb when it comes to medical grade silicone.every doc here in canada agrees its as safe as any other filler if its medical grade so please educate yourself before you comment so harshly.

lisaparadise

Why so hostile, Lisaparadise? You could have explained your reasoning without chastising someone for making a comment you feel is stupid. But, since I don't use silicone and probably never will, I don't really care who's right. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Why so hostile, Lisaparadise? You could have explained your reasoning without chastising someone for making a comment you feel is stupid. But, since I don't use silicone and probably never will, I don't really care who's right. :)

Iwasnt being hostile i just cant figure people out thinkin they know whats right just because of what they read on the net.my best friend is my doctor and even she agrees theres no more danger in medical grade silicone then there is with any other filler period.the only reason its illegal is theres no money in a permant outcome

lisaparadise

first off your about as bright as a burnt out lightbulb when it comes to medical grade silicone.every doc here in canada agrees its as safe as any other filler if its medical grade so please educate yourself before you comment so harshly.

Is there really any need to start throwing insults at somebody who was banned 2.5 years ago and can never reply?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Is there really any need to start throwing insults at somebody who was banned 2.5 years ago and can never reply?

:):clap::)

I guess some folks are so itchy on the "trigger fingers" that they never bother to read a date on these posts. Nevertheless, it's always a good reminder that some people do go "overboard" and get banned from time to time; and if you happen to be real "quick on the draw" with the insults, you could be the next one out.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels