crocs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those horrendous colored plastic "feet devices" arrived here earlier then I imagined. Men and women are wearing Crocs everywhere and they are beeing sold out in "fashion" stores. I'm a lucky guy for not beeing a fashionist this time. I should never put one of those things in my beloved feet.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

In Sweden there is now a protest site against Crocs. Or "Foppa-tofflor" as they are called here since Peter Forsberg, the famous ice hockey player, is the one who imports the original to this country.

So please everyone, go to the site and sign in the guestbook. If you don't understand swedish just go to: http://www.stoppatofflorna.nu/ , then click "Klicka här" (purple text 2/3 down) and finally click "Skriv i gästboken"

The four fields means: Name City Website Comment

After you filled in your comment, click "Skicka meddelande".

When they have got 1000 names they will forward it to the importers of such ugly shoes.

I find this kind of duality a bit confusing. On the one hand as men wearing high heels we are crusading for fashion freedom. Then someone posts asking for people to sign a petition to stop people having the freedom of choice of what they wear on their feet as they don't like crocs. If we are expecting others to respect our choice, lets not go on crusades against others personal choices hmmm?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I find this kind of duality a bit confusing. On the one hand as men wearing high heels we are crusading for fashion freedom. Then someone posts asking for people to sign a petition to stop people having the freedom of choice of what they wear on their feet as they don't like crocs.

If we are expecting others to respect our choice, lets not go on crusades against others personal choices hmmm?

I can see your point here, it can become confusing when "crusading for fashion freedom" but the frontpage of this site says:

The place where all the people in the world who like high heels can come together and share their thoughts. Whether you're a man, a woman or in between, whether you wear high heels yourself or just like the looks of them. It doesn't matter, you've come to the right place.

I know that not only high heels are discussed here, also a lot of fashion freestyling and shoes in general are amongst the topics. Although crocs are VERY popular at this moment I doubt they will ever become fashionable or to be seen on the cat walks.

The whole idea why these guys set up the petition list in the first place is to show that not everyone likes them and even if they get one million names on it I am sure the importer will not stop distributing them. As long as they sell they will be available in the stores.

So look at it as a little bit of irony/joke and sign the list if you, like me, doesn't like the look of crocs. I am quite sure that after next summer they will be all forgotten anyway.

But if they make them with high heels? Then it is a completely different matter.

Enjoy your week-end folks, now I am heading to town to do some shopping for a big party tonight. 8)

If we are expecting others to respect our choice, lets not go on crusades against others personal choices hmmm?

I'm with you on that.

Although I detest the stupid things, I wouldn't trample on other peoples' right to wear them.

I'm not bothered that Crocs exist - there are plenty of ugly/rubbish/stupid shoes out there after all - I just abhor the sheep-like mentality of the wearers (or the majority of them) who wear them because other people are wearing them and because they are 'trendy'. Exactly as happened a few years ago with those idiotic backless 'slip-on' trainers which were taken up by Jade Goody and her ilk.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Actually I think that most people wear them for the same reason that people wear birkenstocks, they're dead comfy. That's the only reason I got to like them, they look gross but they caress my feet and that I like. Another reason they're so popular (at least the knock-offs) is because they're cheap and they can go anywhere.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi all, There are three threads running for this, I have merged them into one. Please keep all crocs chat in this thread. lets not give these flat, ugly revolting things anymore time than you really need. Please, I beg you. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

lets not give these flat, ugly revolting things anymore time than you really need.

Please, I beg you.

Nigel

You've got my vote. But, you wanna know what the sad part of it all is? Once it gets too cold to wear Crocs, guess what will replace them? Yep....Uggs!

In a word----AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Actually, the article has been retracted because it was based on an urban myth. The hospital in Sweden has been close for three years and the hospital in Sheffield has only banned them from operating theatres for hygiene reasons. Don't believe everything you read in the papers, especially the Sun!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Not good for the environment and not biodegratable either. It is going to cost as much if not more than tires to dispose of them. They are probably causing alot of pollution to make as well to dispose of.

:smile:When I first read the message, I thought about my Crocodile 4" heels that I love.

Then it dawned on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes FUGLY is a lovely word for them. And the price!!!!!!!!! for what they are!!!!!

No I will not buy. or even go anywhere near. All your comments are valid. Lets hope the "fashion" dies away soon.

Muddypaws.8)

From Style-Dash:

Crocs cause 40 escalator accidents

| Posted Sep 10th 2007 5:34PM by Jonathon Morgan

Filed under: Shoes

As I've discussed, time and time again, Crocs are one of the 21st century's great fashion tragedies. They're unattractive, annoying, and simply refuse to go away. Wretch!

And today we learn that not only are they ugly, Crocs are also dangerous. The popular imitation clogs have recently been causing accidents on escalators in Japan -- so many, in fact, that the Japanese government has urged the public to be more careful when wearing the plastic monstrosities.

Apparently, the brightly-colored safety hazards have been getting caught in the moving stairs. Fortunately, most people have been escaping unscathed, but one 5-year-old girl broke her middle toe and had three of her toenails ripped off when she couldn't pull her foot out in time.

However, there is a plus side -- many of those involved reported that their Crocs were damaged in the accidents.

http://www.styledash.com/2007/09/10/crocs-cause-40-escalator-accidents

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 1 month later...

I think that comes under the heading of High Treason! :smile: The penalty is firing squad at morning!:wave:

surely you mean a stiletto heel in the back .... much more suitable <grin>

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." Gerry Spence

• 1 month later...

Seeing those things reminds me of that old saying: "Even if you put lipstick on a pig, you'll still have a pig."

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just saw that crocs, the makers of those plastic shoes which you love to hate, have now got a new style with a heel.

Yeah, and they are just as hideous as the other Crocs styles.

Stupid ugly shoes for stupid ugly people.

Always High-Heel Responsibly