Wearing Socks with Heels?

bobbisoxer43

I've never really been a fan of socks and heels - somehow socks detract from the beauty and elegance of the foot in the heels. You lose the lines and flesh / sight of the muscles, veins etc. No - I say. Plus I always find feet get to hot in heels with socks. I've tried it and never liked the feeling. Anyone else have comments?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really been a fan of socks and heels - somehow socks detract from the beauty and elegance of the foot in the heels. You lose the lines and flesh / sight of the muscles, veins etc.

I do agree on your point of view but still in some cases I think white socks in high heels can be erotic.

Also thick socks (normally used in mountain boots) together with high heels can look really good on the right foot. (by this means female foot)

Remember when the girls started with aerobic, they used to wear thick ancle/leg socks.

They were great with high heels.

Dancers, rehearsing routines, usually wear leotards, thick "warm-up" socks and high heels which can make them look very desirable. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I personally love the girlie look! One image that I will keep with me forever I think is of a girl I saw a couple of years back. I think she was in her early to mid 20's. She was wearing a pink crop top, blue denim mini-skirt and she had wonderfully tanned legs. But the thing that grabbed my attention was what she had on her feet (obviously!). White, lacy ankle socks and pink stiletto mules. The heels must have been at least 5 1/2 inch. For me, that is one of the sexiest looks you can get!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

• 2 months later...

I have always liked to see heels worn with contrasting socks. It is because the socks add emphasis to to lovely shoes. Contrasting stockings are nice but socks just add that extra something being concentrated on the shoe area. I think the view that the attraction of socks and heels is to do with schoolgirls/young girls is wrong. Certainly this is not the case as far as I am concerned.

Heel thyself

Over 50 pairs of heels now on my website at www.geocities.com/wayneheels/

.... I still don't get the whole socks thing. Sorry.

I was going to offer you an explanation as to why I thought the socks/heels combination is loved by some. But Laurieheels posted just about everything I was going to say. Please go back to page 1 and read the second message posted.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 months later...

While I have seen this look, I've never really cared for it. I'm afraid I'm a hose/stockings person when I'm in Stilettos!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I quite like white ankle socks with high heels. I wouldn't wear them myself, but they can look sexy on women. I prefer nylons though.

It's interesting that Laurie should refer to images of women dressed as schoolgirls as a disturbing trend...

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=2185&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Distrubing trend, yes, but there's always room to test it out and see if anyone likes it. I don't think many people did. I think my thoughts were more along the line of pedophilia, taking something that is an indicator of young girls, or of a time past, those white ankle socks, and then something that would make them seem more mature, seem older, such as high heels. I might be grasping, but you never know. Young girls are always looking to look older, older women are looking to look younger, and I suppose I can't speak to what men want, but...

I think it is a definite throwback to young girls often wearing white ankle socks or similar, or perhaps school girls in uniform. However, I don't like the look with court shoes. With boots they are a practical accessory, but then you cant see them...

So long as the socks being worn are not toe socks, which are worn with sandals by some young girls, and we're not talking about sandals that are cute or sexy or otherwise. Toe socks... interesting idea, that, but hey, I've only seen them in rainbow patterns... What are they? Think of gloves for the feet... yes, each toe with its own little cozy place to snuggle into.

Dont the Geisha girls wear some thing similar to a toe sock/stocking. They have a sock/stocking that has a space for their big toe for when they wear the thongs that are part of their custom.

Jeff

And the Japanese also make wellingtons with a divided toe - has anyone any idea what that's all about?

Emma

• 2 months later...

I myself do not use socks of any kind. I like the look and feel of pantyhose without the socks on my legs as I try to imitate what a lady would wear every day to work and back and out and about. That means pantyhose without socks all year around and in all seasons. I know, some ladies prefer bare legs in the hot seasons, but my legs look and feel better in Therapeutic pantyhose as it sure helps my legs and all of my joints. I don't use socks either in my boots, just pantyhose as my heels and heeled boots fit much better with them. I usually buy nude pantyhose as they better match my skin tone and you still have the feel of the hose and the shine and silkiness. I use the "Silkies" brand. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 10 months later...

I love wearing socks and leg warmers on the outside with high heels. They look sexy with ankle boots, pumps and strappy sandals. So the male members of the species tell me!

I have been wearing socks with my ankle boots on the way to work. Why? To protect the stockings. A fast paced walk to work can rub on stockings, so they need protection. Once at work, off go the boots, off go the socks, and the well kept stockings find their way into some higher heels for the day.

I prefer small socks when wearing boots, gives you a little extra padding under foot and makes it fit just that little bit better. They also help absorb the sweat.

However with pumps (I don't have), I always remember a scene in "feris B? day off". A young (pertrayed as high school age, maybe 16-18) women was walking along the street in white(?) pumps with a good heel size and little socks. With a white pumps with ankle strap and white short socks and above knee denim skirt I still like the look, even thourgh its way out of fashion.

Shane