Levi Jeans Sizes

Thighboots2

Gang,

I want to get some 525 Womens Levi's, but cant make up my mind how the womens sizing table works. For reference click this> Levi's ® Online Store - Levis Jeans Shop <to seethe table. Now I can work the Mens table out jus fine, but given the sizing on the table is in cm and the jeans are sized in inches, it just doesn't make sense to me. So If I want in Mens 36/34, what is the equivalent in women's size?

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Have you actually visited a Levi's Store? Just grab a load of jeans and try them on until you hit the right spot - then you can go home and order online if you wish. They were very helpful with my girlfriend when she was looking for some 525s. She found the perfect pair in-store but unfortunately she wanted to get them from the Grattan Catalogue (her mum won a couple of grand to spend in the catalogue recently) and they didn't have the size she wanted (for some reason the catalogue went up in sizes 8-18 rather than inches/cm they have in-store. The jeans looked so good that I'm tempted to buy a pair for myself if they are in the sales.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

A detailed examination of male and female size charts will reveal that men's "waist" measurements average about 4" to 6" smaller than their hip measurement. A size 36 "waist" will be sized for a hip of about 41-42". On the other hand, women's waists are assumed to be 8-1/2 to 11" smaller than their hip measurement. With truly hip-hugger jeans, this doesn't represent much of a problem for a guy wanting to wear women's jeans--for the chart in question, just order by your hip measurement and don't worry about the fact that your waist isn't anywhere near as small as the indicated size (assuming, of course, that 525's are, truly, hip-hugger, e.g. made to ride at least 3-1/2" below the waist). High waisted jeans, on the other hand, will require the guy to wear a corset! Using your example, 36/34 men's jeans would be aproximately women's size 31/34. The men's hip measurement of ~41" is almost an exact match for the women's hip measurement of 104 cm. If 525's have any lycra in the denim, you can probably get away with at least one size smaller than that. If you like them to fit like a glove, that is!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

azraelle - Thanks for the excellent info. The Levi's shop is in Regent Street, so when I go upto town for a shopping expedition, I'll try your suggestions. Safer than trying to buy over the net when your not sure of your size.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 weeks later...