other misc. pains

Cis

Question

I wear four inch heels after coming up from three inch heels and I get occasional little twinges in my lower back, left shoulder blade and right knee. They are infrequent and short lasting but I don't know if they are related to the heels. Does anyone know anything about this kind of stuff or does anyone else get similar pains?

4 answers to this question

Could be related to the heel height. One must remember that heels change you entire body geometry from head to foot.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Could be related to the heel height. One must remember that heels change you entire body geometry from head to foot.

A 1 inch jump in heel height is just about guaranteed to give you a whole new experience in walking. Knee problems can arise from any heel height, but the higher, the more certain you'll have 'em. Ditto for twinges in the lower back (sacrolilliac). As you go up in altitude you can expect new sensations in the shoulders and neck with headaches not being uncommon (if yer SO is complaining of a headache they might not be lying).

But the clincher is the amount you try to increase the heel height at any one time. If yer used to 3" heels and then decide you'd like a nice long stroll in 5" ers - well, you'd better have some pain-killers handy. I would never recommend going up more than 1/2 inch at a time, and then you'll need to increase the amount of time yer on the higher heels in small increments - about 15 minutes at a time. One thing is for certain - when you start getting any of the above pains that do not go away, you have reached the absolute limit of heel height your body will tolerate.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Ok, not sure what the correct terminology for this is - so you'll have to bear with me! I have a very high Tarsals (I think that's what it's called) basically that bone on the top of your foot. The problem I get is that most boots press on this bone, and the throbbing pain that develops after a couple of hours of wearing them is dreadful. Does anyone else get this, and if so - any tips on how to solve it?

I have a very high Tarsals (I think that's what it's called) basically that bone on the top of your foot.

The problem I get is that most boots press on this bone, and the throbbing pain that develops after a couple of hours of wearing them is dreadful.

Hello Sophie,

What you are describing sounds like you have feet with a very pronounced arch. Those bones you mention are (I believe) called the "metatarsal bones" (the "tarsal bones" are more "ankle bones").

The only solution I can think of in order to avoid your pain, is either to not wear boots (perhaps not what you are wanting to hear), or to only buy boots that have lots of room in the arched area (most likely custom made boots). Since you cannot adapt your feet to match to boots, the boots will have to adapt to your feet.