Would you date a man who wears heels?

johnieheel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My husband wears heels. Actually we both wear the same size! We love to shop together and I have no problem with him wearing whatever makes him happy. Hardest part about all of this, is when he and I want to wear the same pair of heels! So yes, I would date a man that wears heels, I have, fell in love with him and married him too. That now makes all of his heels mine! Katherine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Without going into too much of a sensitive area - it all has to do with ignorance, fear, 'conditioning' and their own lack of self-esteem.

Many women think that 'man' + 'high heels' = different - therefore either 'gay', 'inadequate' and/or a threat.

They may also be afeared of being 'up-staged' by the man - or indeed, be fearful of the man receiving abuse from other men in public when they are with him.

Personally - I have yet to find any medical professional who has proven that by putting a pair of high heels on - a mans' genetic make-up is immediately metamorphosed - or that his capabilities as a man are suddenly diminished. I have also found that guys who wear heels - either at home or in public - or both - are far more in touch with themselves and accepting of others - than those who simply bend to conform to the 'herd'.

In these un-enlightened days of 'lad' and 'ladette' culture - and 'hip-hop' and 'gangster rap' fashions and attitudes dictating male/female roles from an early age - it's no wonder many people lose the ability to think for themselves and make their own decisions about life.

It's far, far easier for people to be critical of others - than it is to accept them - or for people to face their own insecurities.

In a nutshell - conformity makes insecure or ignorant people feel safe.

In my book - 'man' + 'high heels' = different, bold, well-sorted, exciting and interesting.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

:D on a slightly different tack to the others...no problem at all going out in public with a guy (friend) in heels. i find it neither attractive nor unattractive, i'm strangely unbothered either way... ...that said, on a date, no way: i'm in heels, he's not. this has nothing to do with conditioning, conformity, gangsta rap or anything else. it's cos i'm already short and my heels help me catch up! if he's in heels too i may as well not bother. it's hard enough kissing a tall guy when he's in flats! other than that guys can wear what they like :wink:

• 6 months later...

I 'm really new here. I thought maybe I had a problem. My BF wears high heels a lot and sometimes skirts. I kind of like it. For one thing he does't move as fast and is generally ready to sit down when I am. Also he seems kind of gentler all over. I don't mean gay or feminine, just more relaxed and more giving. Like the other Katherine, I feel lucky because we wear the same size shoe and his skirts are just a little long on me. So anything of his except ankle length I can wear with the belt or draw string pulled a little thighter. Of course that means I need to share my things. I wouldn't share stockings or panties and my minis are too short on him to wear outside the apartment, but I will share anything else. Recently he has been letting me put just bit of makeup on him and we share our earings. He s still a guy and does all the right guy things for me. It is a great deal more fun going clothes shopping and not have the guy I am with constantly looking at his watch. Am getting the best of both worlds or am I kidding myself ? Katie Anne

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, wheeeew, after abit of trial and error, and help from her hubby, she has made onto the forum and able to answer this question He told her about.....sorry if her thrid person confusses everyone, it is the way she is required to talk and type, her Husband is Jarl Ayari....and well ok, back to the answer of the question, she not only dated a Man whom wears heels, she married Him.....and doesnt mind He wear heels.....she doesnt mind because He feels comfortable in them...more so that mens shoes...He does wear mens shoes for work and all...she even has encouraged Him to wear them out...although He has only done it once...she is sure she could possiably get Him to again...why shouldnt a Man, straight or other wise be able to wear any type of shoe He wants...women do.....if we cant find them in our size in womens shoes...like trainers and such we will look in the mens shoes for a pair...to each his own as they say, right. andisamethyst:wavey:

• 1 month later...

Call me straight and conservative. I just wouldn't feel comfortable in the company of a guy wearing heels in public. If I loved him and it's what he wanted to do then at home might be a different matter.

• 3 years later...

My boyfriend wears heels almost as much as I do and I love it. As others have pointed out, I don't have to worry about him running away from me when we're out, if I want to sit down and rest my feet he probably does too, and we can shoe shop together, tho we are far from being the same size LOL

Yes, I do walk in these

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you women are ok going out in public on a date with a man in heels?

( in moderator mode) good question,

girls only to reply please.

I think that I would be ok with it, especially since I am able to wear only one shoe, he can make up for my missing shoe. This rationale is probably silly, but I am sure that some nice people here would agree.

if women would know how much their acceptance would mean for their hubbies, they for sure would take it easier. though women date men for other reasons than their appearance or what they wear which might be different to men dating women :smile: - it is still always difficult to cope with ones prejudices... It is normal that it would be hard first if one haven´t been faced this issue before, for the simple reason it is *different*. Still as soon one is able to recognize the personality beyound of the heels (and be honest enough to accept: women will never like you BECAUSE of high heels!) it should not be a problem. one more note: there are so MANY men wearing high heels, but the most of them in candid, that I sometimes really ask my self where the problem is. No courage? no self esteem? Very often it is also men themselves making a problem of something women would not care. I understand and think it correct for those who do it for sexual reasons only - it is a private issue,- but for the most high heel wearers it seems something beyond of erotic. If all those males who do wear heels simply would DO it naturally, public or not, this question would be so unimportant. Remember women wearing trousers in 19 century... they just did it! today nobody cares...

I wouldn't date a man who wears heels. Not only do men look silly wearing heels but we/I would be stigmatized for it. I like men who who are gallant and dashing.....not tottering and vulnerable.

I think if he wear thicker heels that it be okay. I don't like most pictures I see of man in spiked heels. It dont look right for big man. If he's skinny spiked heels wont look as bad. I would only go out on a date with him if he was a nice person. The nicer, the more I would over look. Dawnie

I think if he wear thicker heels that it be okay. I don't like most pictures I see of man in spiked heels. It dont look right for big man. If he's skinny spiked heels wont look as bad. I would only go out on a date with him if he was a nice person. The nicer, the more I would over look.

Dawnie

Agree, I encouraged my HB to wear block type heels, but stilletos are my turf.

Suzzie