World Heel Meet 2007, London: Sat. March 10th

kneehighs

I'd just like to add that you can stay at the venue all day if you wish so if you have no wish to show your heels off in public, you don't have to!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd just like to add that you can stay at the venue all day if you wish so if you have no wish to show your heels off in public, you don't have to!

AMEN to that!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Sounds like a good idea. But if I make it over to London town, I plan very much to show mine off! You can rest assured about that!

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

This is a great decision and I hope it also brings together many more members who may have been sitting on the fence. Can't wait to get together with everyone in london both on the saturday and during the lead up on thursday & friday as well as on Sunday in our high heels, david & angela

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Update: Anyone can find consistent updates being posted in the calendar section. Since that section is not viewable to lurkers or members who read the board but don't log in, I have inlcuded and update here to address the latter group as well as encourage lurkers to visit with us.

Come one, Come All! Last year we had 19 attendees and this year promises to bring in upwards of 30+. We have attendees flying a total of 70,000 Round Trip Air Miles, spending over $15,000 U.S. total, and spending hundreds of hours traveling to this meet.

Not only will this meet exceed all other meets in terms of Quantity of Attendees, but it will hopefully exceed other meets in terms of Quality of communication between attendees. For this year we have a private function room reserved for our exlusive use. No stepping out in public is required unless you want to!

Announcing New Meet Up Location!

We are no longer meeting up at the Starbucks on Oxford Street. I'll get to the Big WHY in a minute:

Stop #1

London Bridge Starbucks

We will now be meeting up at the London Bridge Starbucks at 21-27 Saint Thomas Street:

Posted Image

Posted Image

London SE 1 9RY

Nearest Tube: London Bridge or Borough

Time: 10:30-11:45 am

How this heel meet will be the best in terms of Quality of experience.

Now I promised I would tell you why we will not be meeting at the Oxford Street Starbucks. Here is why. We have booked a private room for exclusive use by World Heel Meet attendees at The Miller. The Pros of meeting at the London Bridge Starbucks outweigh the Cons.

Pros: within walking distance of The Miller, no one in the group gets lost in the Tube while commuting to The Miller, easier to find parking

Cons: farther from Oxford Street shopping

Now why did we decide to book a private function room at The Miller you may ask? Many would probably agree that the best Heel Meet ever in the U.K. was the one held in Bristol. Why? Because people could wear their heels just like they did at home, but around other heelies and not have to worry about the general public intruding.

What if you could wear your heels around other heel forum members just like you do in the privacy of your own home? What if you could feel totally unreserved about wearing your heels amidst the encouragement only a Private Setting and other non-judgemental Freestylers can provide?

That window of opportunity has now come with our Fully Private Room at The Miller. As Dr. Shoe suggested, members will still have the option to break up into smaller groups if they choose. Some will go shopping, some might go to the Tate, but Command Control Center will be the Private Room at The Miller. We need 30 attendees minimum to make this work!

I hear some of you asking, "Is this Miller place a good place?" Here are some Unbiased Reviews. We also don't have to charge attendees an entrance fee--its FREE to get in. So all you have to pay for is your food, beer, and wine. We will be using the buffet menu, so people can help themselves to snacks (just like in Bristol).

Please, bring your shoes!

Stop #2

The Miller by London Bridge

Posted Image

Posted Image

96 Snowsfields Road, London Bridge

London SE 1 3SS

Time: 12:00 till whenever we leave

Picture yourself in an airport, looking up at the screen that says 'Departures.' You want to fly from New York to London. There is a flight that leaves one hour from now with a stop in Paris, and there is a non-stop flight that leaves in three hours. You deliberate back and forth: should I take the early flight or the later non-stop? You walk around and think about it, and before you know it the early plane has already taken off. The decision has been made for you--you did not make the decision. Time made it for you. You lost your opportunity!

We are in the same situation here today. If you don't make a decision, time will make the decision for you--and you will lose the opportunity. Can't you grab the bull by the horns and make a decision today?

Probable attendees

1. Shafted--United States

2. kneehighs--United States--Arrive 3/9 7:30 LHR, Depart 3/12 13:30 LHR

3. Heel-D--England

4. Heel-D's other half--a very supportive girlfriend--England

5. Robert--Netherlands--Arrive 3/9, Depart 3/18

6. fog--formerly fogborkenvv--England

7. Mrs. fog--England

8. euchrid--England

9. Xaphod--England

10. Calv--not via Heathrow Airport this time! England

11. admirer5577--Sweden--Arrive 3/8 8:15 LGW, Depart 3/12 19:40 LGW

12. Dougal--England

13. chris100575--England

14. crotchhiboots--United States

15. Tara--England

16. shakedown--England

17. heeluis--Germany--Arrive 3/9 7:25 am, Depart 3/12 19:10

18. firefox--England

19. Admin/Richie--England, for dinner

20. ramon020--Netherlands

21. new_look--England

22. new_look Significant Other--England

23. micha--Germany

24. iloveboots--Canada--Arrive 3/8 12:00 pm, Depart 3/12 12:35 pm

25. Angela--Canada--friend of iloveboots

26. airwolf--United States--Arrive 3/8 22:00, Depart 3/12

27. HellOnHeels--United States

28. Mrs. HellOnHeels--United States

29. Krapsparov--England

30. JeffB--United States

Possible attendees

1. dww

2. Pam--United States, I can see business meetings on Fri and Monday :wink:

3. Griez--Latvia, where there is a will, there is always a way.

4. Jan--England

5. dr1819--Germany, privacy, privacy, privacy in a great location!

6. Heelsnboots--United States, crossing my fingers for business in Spain!

7. Gary0618--United States, come on Gary, London is calling!

8. MrsHeels--Gary0618's wife--ahem, it would be an anniversary right?

9. Samantha2--England, the boss has granted you the day off (er, I hope)

Torture Garden attendees--tickets will go on sale in Feb. They have a limited capacity, so you can purchase your tickets in advance on an individual basis. I'll send out pms and make a post in the Real Life Meets section as soon as I found out the tickets are on sale. Important: Torture Garden follows a strict fetish dress code policy which you can read about here.

1. kneehighs

2. heeluis

3. ramon020

4. admirer5577

5. crotchhiboots

6. Gary0618

7. MrsHeels

8. Robert

9. Heel-D

10. Iloveboots

11. Angela

12. airwolf

13. Tara--DrShoe

Update: Anyone can find consistent updates being posted in the calendar section. Since that section is not viewable to lurkers or members who read the board but don't log in, I have inlcuded and update here to address the latter group as well as encourage lurkers to visit with us.

Thanks, good point, I have now changed this so that EVERYBODY can see all events posted.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I am not a first timer for streetheeling or heelmeets but this will be my first time in another country. BTW will Taira be there?

Oh absolutely, I knew that! I meant first time at "our" heelmeets! LOL

I think Tara might be able to make it...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yep, count me in for this! Will have a pair of 5" thigh boots of some variety for the day, and prob another pair for the night! Recently got a pair of these:

http://www.bananashoes.com/contents/media/t_511buckleup.jpg

so might give them a whirl! Would be interersted to go out at some point for some public heeling maybe along Oxford St, Kings Rd or Leicester Sq bars.

Looking fwd to it.....

5inchlover Thanks mate! :wink: Awesome boots...I am really liking those buckles and hope to see them in person. As far as doing public freestyling is concerned, members will be deciding which sub-groups to split into on the day of the meet--surely there will be plenty of opportunities to street heel.

Is there a recommended hotel around there?

What about the program? It starts on the sat morning... and then?

I do feel so excited by being there :wink:

And I'm excited for you too!!!:D:spin2:

Recommended hotel per Heelfan is the www.winrosehotel.co.uk

As far as Thursday March 8th and Friday March 9th are concerned, iloveboots is organizing a small meeting on Thursday and I'm organizing a smaller group meeting at Morgan M on Friday. So if you arrive early, these smaller meetings will give you a good chance to get to know other freestylers on a one-on-one basis.

As far as Saturday March 10th is concerned...we'll meet up at Starbucks then we are off to our private room at The Miller.

From there we will let members decide for and amongst themselves where they would like to go. Some will go shopping for shoes, some will go to the Tate Museum of Modern Art, some will just lounge at The Miller for the duration of the day. At the end of the day, we will all regroup for dinner. How you decide to spend your time that afternoon and who you spend it with is up to you!

Then a group of about 10-15 of us will cap off the night at www.torturegarden.com, one of Londons most famous fetish clubs. There you can live out your wildest heel related fantasy and fit right in. TG tickets MUST be purchased in advance and I will be notifying attendees when the tickets go on sale.

Finally, regarding Sunday March 11th, many of us will be getting together then as well. Plans for Sunday will be drawn up on Saturday.

Please check your PM box for futher information. Glad to have you on board! :fine:

What can one say, each day more and more people are joining up. This will be a great week-end and already now I want to thank those who makes this event possible. Myself, Ramon020, iloveboots and his friend Angela will be staying at the Astor Court Hotel (I think the name was?!) And as mentioned before I will arrive already Thursday morning and leave Monday evening. (Ramon020 arrives Friday and leaves Monday.) When going there I might as well look around for a couple of days. See you all in London in March!

Looking forward to heeling with you in our thigh high Boots! The Boot attachment you attached is awesome, can't wait to see them on you. Do you wear your Boots over pants? Angela, Admirer5577 and I will be in London starting Thursday afternoon, the 8th and staying around the Oxford/Bond Street area at the Astor. We will be out and about on Thursday afternoon shopping and then on Thursday night we're going for dinner and a show. Love to have you join us? Angela and I will definitely be in high heel thigh Boots for the entire time. On Friday you are also welcome to join us. We'd love to have a local person to enjoy the City with.

david

Yep, count me in for this! Will have a pair of 5" thigh boots of some variety for the day, and prob another pair for the night! Recently got a pair of these:

http://www.bananashoes.com/contents/media/t_511buckleup.jpg

so might give them a whirl! Would be interersted to go out at some point for some public heeling maybe along Oxford St, Kings Rd or Leicester Sq bars.

Looking fwd to it.....

Thats a great offer, and you know what, one I might just take you up on. Yes I do wear my boots over my trousers. I also have a longish coat which just about goes down to my knee, so top part wouldnt be visible with coat on, but the rest sure would be! Will PM you to arrange meeting details.

Thats terrific 5inchlover. That makes a group of four of us at this point for Thursday evening.

I will be away on vacation for the next 3 weeks not returning until after Feb 12th. Please PM me if you are interested in joining us Thursday, march 8th in London,

david

Thats a great offer, and you know what, one I might just take you up on. Yes I do wear my boots over my trousers. I also have a longish coat which just about goes down to my knee, so top part wouldnt be visible with coat on, but the rest sure would be! Will PM you to arrange meeting details.

SPECIAL THANKS TO Dr. Shoe and Heelfan:

Dr. Shoe and Heelfan visited The Miller on Friday to confirm that the establishment was suitable for our heel meet.

In Dr. Shoe's words, it didn't look good....

It looked EXCELLENT! In Dr. Shoes own words, "It is precisely 4 minute walk (in heels) from the Starbucks which in turn is right next to the Thomas St. exit from London Bridge Station. It is very, very easy to find as there's a road opposite the Starbucks that leads to the front door of the pub!"

So a special thanks goes out to Dr. Shoe and Heelfan for taking the time to insure that our day goes well. I appreciate it and am sure those who attend on Saturday the 10th appreciate it as well.

ILoveBoots:

I will also be attending the Heel Meet.

Do you have the website address for the Astor?

What are their rates?

I just bought these:

http://storeandserve.com/download/707768/DSCN0991.jpg.html

You and Angela won't be the only ones in thigh high boots.

airwolf!

:wink: Good to see you around. :D

HERE is some information on the Astor Court Hotel

iloveboots won't be active online again until Feb 12th.

admirer5577 is also staying there, perhaps he might have some good information as well.

The Store and Serve link now works. I just checked the Astor. Their prices are too high. I will stay at the Winrose. Should I bring my Torture Garden outfit with me to Saturday's meet and leave it at The Miller, or should I go back to my hotel after the meet and retrieve my outfit from there? What do you think? Thx.

Good question airwolf. You'll have some really great company at the Winrose--Robert is staying there and he is SUPERB in every way imaginable. :wink:

To be honest with you, I'm not even sure how to answer your question about changing. Its to my understanding that TG has a change room on premise. My intuition tells me some people will want to return to their hotels/apartments to change. Thats probably the route I'll take.

Why not bring your outfit with you to The Miller?

You are welcome to change at my apartment if you would like...

EDIT: dang those are some nice boots!

The Store and Serve link now works.

I just checked the Astor. Their prices are too high.

I will stay at the Winrose.

Should I bring my Torture Garden outfit with me to Saturday's meet and leave it at The Miller, or should I go back to my hotel after the meet and retrieve my outfit from there? What do you think?

Thx.

It is great to hear that you are coming too. Looking forward to see you.

I booked the Astor over Internet and my first look said £80 and some weeks later it was £99. I guess the closer it comes the higher the price will be. I will share room with Ramon020 from Holland which cut costs quite a bit. If you are willing to share I am sure there are other long distance traveller who are willing to do so. The price difference for a double room compared to a single one is normally very small and to share room makes it a much better deal. Pop the question here if you are willing to share and I am sure you will get some answers.

I don't know at what time we'll head for TG but I guess I'll take the same route as kneehighs and go back to the hotel to change. My feet will probably need some break too cuz I believe that being in heels from maybe 10 in the morning to well after midnight will kill both me and my feet :wink:

c ya