World Heel Meet 2007, London: Sat. March 10th

kneehighs

Wooo Hoooo !!!! That's awsome news on Torture Garden :irked: Just wanted to give a big thanks to Kneehighs for all of your hard work organizing this event. Mrs HoH and I are still not decided but a heel meet this big capped off with TG is going to be hard to beat. Hopefully we will be able to go. :rocker::w00t2::biggrin:

Great news on Torture Garden.....

A friend of mine from Vancouver will be travelling with me to the heelmeet, Angela. Please count us both in for Torture Garden.

david

iloveboots--wow,

that is great! We now have 27 confirmed attendees for the meet and still many more to go. At this rate we are going to clear upwards of 30 attendees. Whats next? 40???

Which justifies repeating that we will be splitting the group up into at least 3 (maybe 4) smaller groups. My goal is to accomodate each board members unique comfort level with a heel meet. Some may want to meet in a private setting, others may want to shop, others may want to sight see, etc. etc. I'll be updating the calendar section on an almost daily basis as new information keeps coming in....

And since we will be RVing on Friday and Sunday too, it will give people the chance to create more intimate connections then too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I second the big thanks to KneeHighs....and hope to meet you HoH and Mrs HoH at the London Heelmeet,

david

Wooo Hoooo !!!! That's awsome news on Torture Garden :irked:

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Kneehighs for all of your hard work organizing this event.

Mrs HoH and I are still not decided but a heel meet this big capped off with TG is going to be hard to beat. Hopefully we will be able to go. :rocker::w00t2::biggrin:

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I second the big thanks to KneeHighs....and hope to meet you HoH and Mrs HoH at the London Heelmeet,

david

Thanks iloveboots. Hopefully, we'll be hanging out on Friday and Sunday as well. The schedules for those days are more than likely going to be more spontaneous....but either way, walking the streets of London, shopping, sight seeing, and enjoying the amazing architectural ambiance together and immersing ourselves in Londons history is something I am really looking forward to doing.

London is simply amazing.

I just wanted to send out a word of Thanks and Encouragement to airwolf

As far as I know, London will be his first heel meet.

He is flying in all the way from the United States.

And for that trip alone, I commend his courage, his open-mindedness, and his willingness to work to make this happen.

airwolf Not only will this meet blow your mind, but it will probably touch deeper parts of yourself that you had to keep hidden before. I sincerely look forward to meeting you.

------

:rocker:

Yup, look forward to making some plans for the 9th and 11th as well. Totally agree about london, have spent lots of time there and enjoy everything about the City. Actually lived out near Heathrow for nine months in 1985/86.

Pm me and lets line up some well spent shopping, lunch/dinner and possibly some theatre time.

david

Thanks iloveboots. Hopefully, we'll be hanging out on Friday and Sunday as well. The schedules for those days are more than likely going to be more spontaneous....but either way, walking the streets of London, shopping, sight seeing, and enjoying the amazing architectural ambiance together and immersing ourselves in Londons history is something I am really looking forward to doing.

London is simply amazing.

I might be up for a bit of TG too!

Great! As far as when the tickets will go on sale, that remains to be stated. Torture Garden is having a Valentines Day Ball on Feb 10, 2007. Assuming they sell tickets one Party at a time, the tickets would go on sale after 2-10. However, I am not resting on that assumption and will checking the site regularly for updates on ticket sales.

Attention Prospective Torture Garden Attendees:

So far we have 12 heel meet attendees who want to go to Torture Garden. I would hate for a large group of us to get to the door, only to have one of us rejected at the door because he/she didn't meet the strict dress code policy of TG.

In an effort to proactively eliminate this problem from occurring, I am sharing the following with everyone interested in TG. Some of you may be skilled in the fetish scene. But for others like myself, this will be the first venture into a fetish party, and therefore preparation is of the essence.

Torture Garden enforces a very strict fetish dress code. From their website:

The TG dress code strives to avoid narrow limitations and encourage individual imagination and diversity. A modern fetish club is like an adult fancy dress party and is more about fantasy and transformation than just rubber and leather. Also, many of the best outfits seen at TG are made by those wearing them or assembled from various second hand articles (i.e.: theatrical costume or uniforms). So if you can't afford expensive rubber or leather costumes then explore personal fantasies and use your imagination, or even try body paint! Please always remember that if your outfit wouldn't turn heads in the street - don't bother to wear it to Torture Garden. Also, many of those attending bring their outfit in a bag and get changed within the club.

In an email to me, Charlotte from the TG staff said, "Please also be aware of our strict fetish dresscode policy if you are travelling and need to bring appropriate clothes with you :)"

The following phrases/words are screaming for attention here:

1. fantasy

2. transformation

3. turn heads on the street

4. strict fetish dress code policy

I've been looking through the pictures of clubbers at TG and now have an idea of what outfit I'll wear. I hope that those of you that are going to TG heed this advice about their strict fetish dress code and address the issue appropriately.

:rocker:

First of all: Merry x-mas to everybody!

For me, as for some others here I believe, the visit to TG will be a first time visit to a fetish club. I have to say that it I have been curious to learn more about it for some years now but so far I haven't taken the step to do so.

So I guess the big question to many of us will be how to dress to be let in and not stopped at the door :rocker: . At TG website I didn't find too many pics to browse for inspiration but I have found a danish site that, at least to me, was very inspirational. http://www.manifestfetishclub.com/Pages/eng_gallery.html look at it and get inspired.

See you all in London.

/admirer

admirer5577--Merry X-mas to you as well. :rocker: Hope you find yourself in good spirits this holiday season too.

On the TG site, did you click Start (on the left), then click Event Archive, then click on the thumbnails on the far right? They will usually have a section titled "TG Clubbers" where you can find hundreds of pics for inspiration.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in London too! :biggrin:

Hi admirer5577 and anyone else wondering about what fetish clubs are like and what to wear to TG.

I have dabbled in the fetish club stuff and my experience is that people are overwhelmingly friendly and accepting. Remember that the fetish club is full of eccentric or kinky people who go there to socialize with other like minded folks. Every one of them has at some point had to face their fears about being rejected or ridiculed and are, therefore, very understanding.

A lot of us have had the experience of meeting a goth or otherwise freaky kid in public and the person was very standoffish. They project that attitude as a facade to preemptively protect themselves from the abuse directed at them by the general public. So walking, for the first time, into a club full of people who at first glance look like the pissed off kid in the record store (ha ha remember those?) can be rather intimidating. But then you quickly realize that now that these people are in their element and among friends the facade is dropped and they are very cool, interesting people.

Now I'm sure you can run into the odd a-hole here and there but that is an exception. In the fetish club, the world as we know it is inverted. What I mean by this is that the more eccentric and outrageous you appear the more accepted and admired you are. This is the exact opposite of what we are all conditioned to expect and therefore takes a while to sink in.

I encourage you to break out of whatever shell you may be hiding in and allow yourself to express your wildest fantasies. You won't regret it and if you are like me, you will experience a powerfully liberating high.

As for the web pictures being of mostly women, there are several reasons. Mostly male photographers is part of it. But a bigger part, I think, is that there is more stigma attached to men in fetish gear than women. So more women will agree to having their picture taken than men. There are lots of men dressed in all kinds of wild outfits. You will have to try real hard to stand out, and that's a good thing.

There are no cameras allowed in the club. There are club approved photographers roaming around but they will ask first if they can take a picture. This, in my experience, is strictly followed. No one is there trying to "out" anyone and privacy is respected.

Please keep in mind that I am in no way an expert and have limited experience but the fetish club experience I do have had has been very positive.

here's a couple links to sites with many fetish party pics for your inspiration

http://www.latexnews.com/

http://www.thefetishparty.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Content.Alter%20Ego

You need to register for the Alter Ego site but its free and there are thousands of photos there from their monthly parties. I have been to Alter Ego and its a blast.

Good luck and hope to see you all there at your freakiest :wink:

I have been discussing this meet with Heelfan and between us we have come up with some ideas that should enable everyone to get the best out of the heelmeet because a massive group of 30 people is too large to get very far around the West End as we found out last year. Our idea is to split into groups: Group 1 would be the Smallfoot Group which will take in all the stores that only go up to 8 or 9s; Group 2 will be the Bigfoot Group which will high-tail it straight for Chiltern Street where there are four or five shops that cater for sizes up to 12; Group 3 is the Pub Group which will go (more or less) straight to a hostelry which seems to suit some heelers Group 4 will be the Straggler Group where one of us wil wait at the meeting venue for latecomers and then they will at some point be united with their preferred choice of group. Group 5 will be the Fetish Group and will probably go to Camden for fetish shopping. At various times we will rendezvous for Lunch, Mid afternoon drinks and dinner enabling people to meet and if they want, switch groups. Is anyone up for a block booking at a restaurant for lunch?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

airwolf :wink: Those boots would be perfect for the heel meet!

Dr. Shoe + Heelfan

I think the three of us should talk on the phone at the same time. Perhaps a three-way conference call between you, heelfan, and I is in order. I have alot of ideas to add. :D

Would these boots be appropriate for the heel meet?

Let me know what you think.

Thx.

http://storeandserve.com/download/674848/cce7_1.jpg.html

Sure! Who cares what others think?

I'm not into latex, fetish, drag, crossdressing, transvestism, or other psychological terms.

Psych terms suck!

I simply like wearing shoes, bottoms, and tops that appeal to me and in which I think I look fairly decent wearing.

If I can make it to the World Heel Meet, I'll be wearing what I like, without "breaking boundaries," and I hope you like wearing what you enjoy wearing, too.

...<snip>...

If I can make it to the World Heel Meet, I'll be wearing what I like, without "breaking boundaries," and I hope you like wearing what you enjoy wearing, too.

I sincerely hope to see you there. :D

I'm not into latex, fetish, drag, crossdressing, transvestism, or other psychological terms.

Psych terms suck!

But I don't see how this is on topic with the heel meet?:wink:

I've already mentioned this in a private message to kneehighs, but I'll make it official here as well----count me in!!

Despite having spent twenty years in the Navy, I've never been to London, so this would make for quite an adventure in which I envision a lot of picture taking! Also, I'd love nothing more than to meet some of the wild and crazy people (said with nothing but affection) who hang out at HHPlace! Just need to know if everyone's still planning to gather at the Starbucks on Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road Tube Station (I have a funny feeling that after arriving, I'm gonna get a lot of odd looks when I ask where the subway is! Heh!) as previously mentioned, and what the itinerary will be.

I look forward to seeing everyone over in London! I'll be there with heels on!

:wink:

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've already mentioned this in a private message to kneehighs, but I'll make it official here as well----count me in!!

Despite having spent twenty years in the Navy, I've never been to London, so this would make for quite an adventure in which I envision a lot of picture taking! Also, I'd love nothing more than to meet some of the wild and crazy people (said with nothing but affection) who hang out at HHPlace! Just need to know if everyone's still planning to gather at the Starbucks on Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road Tube Station (I have a funny feeling that after arriving, I'm gonna get a lot of odd looks when I ask where the subway is! Heh!) as previously mentioned, and what the itinerary will be.

:D

:fine::spin2:

Wooohoooo!!!! That is great news.

I will keep everyone posted about details for the day. IF a change in the initial meet up location does occur, I will post news of it in this thread and in the Calendar Section. Dr. Shoe, Heelfan and I are working on some plans, so new details will surely be forthcoming. So Stay Tuned.

There will be a group of us meeting up on Friday afternoon and Friday night for dinner. Anyone who is coming early is welcome to join us.

We may have a much better (and less ambiguous) venue to meet at which we should have exclusive use of for the entire day. We will let everyone know nearer the time.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Awesome news Jeff, look forward to meeting you in London,

david

A question about money, mainly how much would I need for a weekend jaunt in London in terms of meals, transportation, souvenirs, sightseeing and the like? I'm not a big spender, so I don't need exact amounts, just rough numbers will do. Any answers would be appreciative. Thanks! :wink:

Unfortunately I haven't been in London for many years but I am told it is getting somewhat expensive for foreigners. A colleague from work is there this week-end and I will check with him for some more details.

Hotels are from £60-150 ($120-300) for a double room I think, I aim on a hotel for £80-90 which I believe should be of enough standard for me.

In my local newspaper I read the other day that a single tube ticket has increased to £4 from 1:st of January. That is almost $8 which is a ridiculous price if you ask me! There are 3 day passes for £16.40 ($32) or one day for £5.10. See this link for further details: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tickets/2007/one-day/travelcard-day.asp

I can't help to make a comparison with my flight ticket which is $38 plus taxes for a 2 hour return ticket on an international flight.

But, JeffB, why not just bring your your VISA / MasterCard and all your problem will be solved. I don't know how well AmEx works in England, it is not accepted everywhere in Sweden where VISA is the best card to have. Maybe some english guys here can tell whether AmEx is a good choice or not.

Unfortunately I haven't been in London for many years but I am told it is getting somewhat expensive for foreigners. A colleague from work is there this week-end and I will check with him for some more details.

Hotels are from £60-150 ($120-300) for a double room I think, I aim on a hotel for £80-90 which I believe should be of enough standard for me.

In my local newspaper I read the other day that a single tube ticket has increased to £4 from 1:st of January. That is almost $8 which is a ridiculous price if you ask me! There are 3 day passes for £16.40 ($32) or one day for £5.10. See this link for further details: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tickets/2007/one-day/travelcard-day.asp

I can't help to make a comparison with my flight ticket which is $38 plus taxes for a 2 hour return ticket on an international flight.

But, JeffB, why not just bring your your VISA / MasterCard and all your problem will be solved. I don't know how well AmEx works in England, it is not accepted everywhere in Sweden where VISA is the best card to have. Maybe some english guys here can tell whether AmEx is a good choice or not.

Thanks for the info. As for using a credit card, I only have one, and it'll be used only for securing my airfare and hotel, and even then, I'll probably max it out for that. Beyond that, I'll use cash for everything else. I used that strategy on a trip to Tokyo (far from cheap either) three years ago and that worked well.

Do not take cash....Travelers checks...always travelers checks. And, as I am sure you already know, keep a extra record of their numbers for safety. (I recently had my wallet stolen in Paris and was saved from a big hassle because all of my important documents were in the hotel safe, along with a list of numbers for the travelers checks.) (Additionally, I believe I would check the exchange rates at one of the local banks in your city.....Perhaps you might be able to get a better rate there than at your hotel in London.)

Do not take cash....Travelers checks...always travelers checks. And, as I am sure you already know, keep a extra record of their numbers for safety. (I recently had my wallet stolen in Paris and was saved from a big hassle because all of my important documents were in the hotel safe, along with a list of numbers for the travelers checks.)

(Additionally, I believe I would check the exchange rates at one of the local banks in your city.....Perhaps you might be able to get a better rate there than at your hotel in London.)

I meant to say traveler's checks. That was what I did when I went to Japan. And yeah, I got a better exchange rate before arriving in Nippon.