A funny thing happened on my way to shopping

Van

A funny thing happened recently while shopping. While on a professionnal trip, I passed in front of a shoe shop litterally bursting with shoes, mostly cheap shoes from Malaysia but not uninteresting. I quickly noticed that some of the models were available in size UK 9 which is my size. So I got in the shop, ran by an indian guy, showed him the model i was interested in (conservative pumps 2.5" heels) and asked him if it was available in size 43 (UK 9), "Yes, Sir", and he called his attendant to fetch a pair. I must add that i was dressed in normal male consultant drab, no hint of feminity , after all I was on a professionnal assignment. When the pair of shoes was brought the guy started to ask me " what size are you ...?" Then realised it might embarass me and just said " I'm 43, look they fit ... " and he put them on. They did fit OK, so I bought them (about 5 $ !). Anything like that ever happened to any of you ? Vanessa

• 9 years later...

Actually not exactly like that. Most of my reactions like at Shoe City one told me this is the girls side what you want is over there. To this I replied that side says men and those do not fit me they are all too wide. Some other times they were too helpful at a time when I was a bit timed about letting it be known that I wanted girl shoes. Well anyway today I plan to check some of the shoe discount places and I am heading out in 3.5 inch square toe 9west and an olive green shirt-dress.