NYC Heel Meet: Halloween Weekend, Sat. Oct. 28th 12:00 p.m.

kneehighs

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, October 27th
8:30 p.m.
Buddha Bar
www.buddhabarnyc.com
Dress To Impress
Meat Packing District

Admirer5577
Ramon020
Shafted
kneehighs

Will be doing a Pre-Heel Meet Party at the Buddha Bar in the Meat Packing District on Friday, October 27th. Meet at 8:15 pm SHARP outside of Buddha Bar.

If anyone else is interested in coming, please PM me ASAP. You are welcome to join us if you would like. This is a super exclusive club in the Meat Packing District and if I need to modify my reservations (which are not easy to get to begin with) to get you in, I need to do it ASAP.

Recent A list clients
:

Tiger Woods
Beyonce
Naomi Campbell
Eva Herzigova
Milla Jovovich
Johnny Depp

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Great to hear, kneehighs. Looking forward to it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

GREAT AND SMART INITIATIVE!! Great thing to live in a so big city!!! Unfortunately I live some thousand miles from it (Italy) and in a little city where if one guy is seen in high heels after few minutes everyone would know..... Anyway..... a little poll: How many of you will get out from home in HIGH HEELS and how many will wear them near the meeting point? I've to admit that if I was there I'd get out with sneakers! :-( PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST A LOT OF PICS OF THE DAY. Cheers.

Stay heeled and smile to life!

I really wish I could come guys! Sounds like some great restaurants. Have fun this Saturday! I will be heeling that day so I'm with you in spirit! :D :D :evil:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Heel-D Thanks, I'm sure we'll have fun. I have a feeling Shafted, ramon020, admirer5577, Pam, and I will all be very tired after tearing up the city together in our heels.

Oh yeah, it is closing up now. I have to admit that I am starting to get excited now when I am doing my packing. A lot of shoes seem to be going into my suitcase, from 2½" block heel to 5" stiletto, and both pumps and boots. Can't wait to get there..... C u in NYC.

HellOnHeels :evil: We would be delighted to accompany you and the Mrs. during the day.

Gary 0618's cell phone as well as my cell phone numbers are posted in the first post in this thread. Thus you can call either of us to find our whereabouts if you are going to show up late.

kneehighs, gary0618, Thanks for posting your cell #s. We hope to be on time. We live in Sea Bright. I have a pair of Steve Madden boots very similar to yours gary0618. Same heel just with a taller shaft. Wore them in the city all day last Saturday. As usual no comment from anyone. I have come to expect that in Manhattan. Now what shoes to wear to the meet. Hmmm love these kinds of decisions. :evil:

Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due

A Special Thanks to all the people travelling to the heel meet on Saturday.

Anyone who is taking the time to travel to the heel meet deserves special mention, IMHO.

So I am putting out a special THANK YOU to those people, specifically:

1. admirer5577--for being the first of two hhplace.org members to travel west across the Atlantic for a heel meet.

2. ramon020--also for being the first of two hhplace.org members to travel west across the Atlantic for a heel meet.

3. Shafted--for having the faith in the NYC meet to come down from his hometown.

4. crotchhiboots--for coming down from Upstate New York.

5. HellOnHeels--for driving up to the meet from Jersey.

Opportunities to meet like minded freestylers this side of the Atlantic are rare and worth working to experience. To those mentioned above, Gary0618 and I offer a special thanks and sincerely look forward to Saturday.

What if it is raining hard tommorrow? Do bring an umbrella!!! I am "joenj"; I'll be wearing 2" heels (St. Johnsbury boots). I don't think we should race. Safety first! How much shopping are we going to do?

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

joenj I just walked in the door. Its 4:13 am and its pouring outside already. Hopefully this rain dies down by noon. We'll play the shopping card by ear, weather permitting we'll hit 8th ave, dsw, and a few other spots.

Here's a few pics from Friday nights get together.

Initially I met Shafted at the Hotel Penn at 7:30 sharp in the lobby. I must say, if there is anyone more bold in his freestyling than Shafted, I am at a loss as to who it could be. He wears his stilettos very openly, but does it with a calm non-chalantness that does not draw attention to himself. He's so calm about it and it is admirable.

Shafted and I hung out in the lobby until about 8:00 waiting for ramon020 and admirer5577 to show up. When neither of them showed, I decided to walk in the rain to 8th Avenue and 34th thinking they might have mistook another hotel for the Hotel Penn. At that time, admirer5577 called me on my cell indicating that he was in the vicinity and would meet Shafted and I in the lobby.

When I came back to the hotel, Shafted, admirer5577 and ramon020 were standing outside waiting for me. From there, the four of us walked north on 7th Avenue to Times Square:

Posted Image

After we walked up to 49th and back down to 44th, we decided to take a yellow cab to the Meatpacking District. At this point, Shafted and I were soooo hungry, that we decided to give into the urge and have a snack at an Italian restaurant where Heel-D and I previously ate.

All the guys by this time were totally impressed with the stiletto action of nyc women.

Then we went to meet Pam at Buddha Bar:

Posted Image

This was a scene totally set from Sex and the City. I think its safe to say that Buddha Bar is good during weekdays for locals and good during weekends for tourists. Anyhow, we all had a great time. Shafted was the first to give to fatigue, as he was on a different sleep cycle than the rest of us. He had been up for 22 hours straight so he went home and crashed at his hotel.

Then about an hour later, ramon020 and admirer5577 went and crashed as well. But before Pam and I called it a night, a few exciting things happened. ramon020 and admirer5577 were on the five yard line ready to score a TD and this is what they missed:

Posted Image

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh, only if I started working a few weeks earlier. How was the actual meeting today?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The Nor'easter raging all night long was threatening to severely curtail our planned walking tour of some of the sights and shoe shops of Manhattan. The weather however started clearing up on our way to the lunch and by noon the sun had come out and stayed out for the rest of the day. :D

Mrs. HOH and I arrived at Via Delle Zoccolette a little past noon where kneehighs, Shafted, admirer5577 and ramon020 were already seated. What a great bunch of guys! We hit it off right from the start and had a lively conversation that continued throughout the rest of the day. All of us were wearing heels. admirer5577, Mrs. HOH and I had stiletto boots on under our pants. ramon020 and kneehighs had slightly thicker heeled boots on. Shafted definitely takes the prize as he was wearing thigh high black leather 5" stiletto boots OVER his jeans. The restaurant had many people coming and going during our long lunch, several definitely noticed us but there were no negative reactions. Our waiter was a really nice guy and I think he got a kick out of us. At the end he brought us a round of free drinks :D. Shafted got a great comment from another man at the restaurant as we were leaving, but I don't want to steal his thunder so I will let him tell that story.

After lunch we walked up to Saint Marks Place and went into Trash And Vaudville. For those who don't know, this is a punk/fetish clothing and shoe store that is quite famous and has been around for ages. Lots of cool shoes were ogled and tried on but alas no purchases made. The staff and customers did not even bat an eye as men in heels are on the conservative end of the range of alternative attire seen here.

We then walked along 8th street and stopped at a Starbucks to refuel on caffeine. Shafted did not get any coffee and instead waited, standing, in the middle of the very busy place in full view of all of the customers going in and out. Yeah, people noticed. No one missed a beat though. They were all much more interested in getting that cup of joe.

We continued walking uptown to Union Square which is at 14th street. As was the case all day long Shafted was the only one of us to draw any attention. As we strolled along, many people did not even notice us. Many others noticed Shafted and his boots but we never once got an outwardly negative or horrified reaction. Every once in a while someone would point him out to their companions etc. If Shafted had not been with us then I am certain we would not have elicited any reaction at all. Lets face it, if a woman walks down the street wearing thigh high boots over jeans she is also going to turn heads. :D BTW this is Manhattan on a nice Saturday. The streets are crowded. We passed thousands of people during the day.

At Union Square we made a quick pit stop in Barns and Noble and then proceded to DSW Shoe Wareshouse. We walked around looking at some of the thousands of shoes on display. The store was packed and nobody paid any attention to us. That is untill Shafted started trying on boots. I will once again leave the details for Shafted to describe but lets just say that many people noticed, several made comments and ALL were positive. I was standing a little distance away, observing to see what the general reaction is. There were three middle aged women standing near me watching Shafted and the other guys and I heard the following: One asks the others what do you think of this and the other one says "I think its hot I especially like the guy in the brown jacket" ramon020 was wearing the brown jacket. The same woman later walked up to Shafted, while he was trying on a pair of awsome knee high boots and says "those are really high" to which Shafted replies something like "you don't like them?" and she says "oh no they are great". Shafted bought the boots.

After leaving DSW we walked down Broadway to 8th Street and window shopped along the many shoe shops that line 8th Street. We were running out of time as our dinner reservation was coming up but I heard a coupe of comments from the other guys along the lines of: "we will have to come back to this street". Dinner was at Pizzeria UNO. where our group failed to elicit any significant reaction what so ever. Oh, I saw a couple of people look at us talk a bit and then go back to their meal. No big deal. Keep in mind we are all sitting at a table in the middle of the restaurant with all heels easily visible to everyone.

The day was a stunning success. I have left out a lot of details that I hope the others will fill in. I think it it safe to say that everyone's confidence was boosted. And as for Shafted, all I've got to say is you are a Rock Star. :evil:

Stay tuned as more details pour in plus admirer5577, ramon020, maybe kneehighs and probably me will reunite for the Halloween parade on Tuesday. Its a little evening parade with only about 1 million people attending (thats no exaggeration).

HellOnHeels--that was an outstanding commentary on the days events. It was a pleasure meeting you and we'll be in touch.

I think HellOnHeels gave about as good a description as it gets of what we did during the day :D:

Met for lunch at Via del Zoccollette 12:30-2:30. We had a really great conversation here. Learned that Shafted only has 9 pairs of shoes. Apparently HellOnHeels works with some male co-workers who actually complain when their wives or girlfriends buy more heels. :evil:

The Dog Halloween Parade was postponed till Sunday because of the rain , Visited Saint Marks Place, shopped at Trash and Vaudeville, stopped at Starbucks in Astor Place for a caffeine fix , walked up Broadway to Barnes and Noble to use their restroom, walked through the Farmers Market where only locally grown produce is sold 4 days a week, shopped at the Union Square DSW Shoe Warehouse where Shafted bought a brand new pair of Cole Haan boots, and walked down 8th Street 2:30-6:30.

Had dinner at Pizzeria Unos from 6:30-8:00.

After dinner, we parted ways. Shafted, admirer5577, ramon020 and I shared a cab to 23d street. Shafted then walked back to his hotel on 33d street. ramon020, admirer5577 and I went back to freshen up at their hotel. Then the three of us went to ONE for the evening. Things were really fun there!

This meet had 6 attendees:

Shafted--wearing a black leather blazer, some t-shirt with a "fallen angel" portrait on it, blue jeans, and black stiletto thighboots with his jeans tucked into them

ramon020--bootcut stretch jeans, white short sleeved t-shirt with really cool print layered on top of the grey long sleeved t, black pointy boots with an approximate 2" heel, blade style. They looked like Beatles Mod boots.

admirer5577--polo shirt, black leather jacket, 5" pointy stiletto boots.

HellOnHeels--Semi-pointy patent leather 4" stiletto boots, with a small approx 1/4" rubber sole.

Mrs. HellOnHeels--pointy stiletto boots.

me--4" Nine West Earnest chunky heel boots.

Here's a couple of group pics:

Posted Image

me, Mrs. HellOnHeels, HellOnHeels, admirer5577, ramon020, Shafted

Posted Image

HellOnHeels, admirer5577, ramon020, Shafted, kneehighs, Mrs HellOnHeels

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Wow, what a weekend! Had a great time at my first heel meet. Don't worry HellOnHeels about stealing my thunder. To be honest, so much happened this past weekend I can't even remember what that guy at the resterant said to me, only that it was a big positive. I was in NYC less than 15 minutes off the train, when I recieved my first comment from a New Yorker. He approached me while I was in front of the hotel before I'd even gone in. This is what transpired. Him: Sorry about this, but I just had to ask you why you are wearing those? (referring to my 4 inch stilleto thigh boots) Me: Because I can. Him: (Looking at me with understanding) Works for me. Met kneehighs a bit later after I had cleaned up a bit and changed into the clothes an footwear that I would be wearing for the evening. Everything else had pretty much been said already so I won't elaborate any more. After a great evening in the intoxicating atmoshpere of the Buddha Bar I decided to catch a ride back to my hotel. Upon entering the elevator back up to my floor with a few other people with the doors closing a woman next to me quietly whispered, "I love your boots". I graciuosly thanked her. What a way to end the evening, even though I could barely stand at this point because I was so tired. This city really doesn't sleep, it's amazing! The next day has also pretty much been described in adaquite detail by others. To be honest, I really don't notice or care if other people are gawking. DSW was a lot of fun, and the woman that wanted my thigh boots was indeed disappointed when she found out that she could not buy them there at the store. I just wish that kneehighs could have caught more on video of me trying on that wonderful pair of boots before being found out by store staff. I love New York and the people are cool too. I suppose that when that many people live together, it's really easy to find many that openly state their opinion of a guy wearing high heels. After separating from the group Saturday night and walking back from 23rd street to 33rd street another guy I ran into on the street said to me that it must be hard walking in those heels, to which I responds, "Nah, it just takes a little practice" We talked a bit more then went our own ways. The neat thing that I found was that people in the lobby of the hotel, especially woman had no problem whatsoever sharing a sitting bench with a guy wearing stiletto boots. The trip back home on the train was uneventful except for one woman as she was leaving the train at her stop. when she walked by me to exit the train she said, "I love your boots" Special thanks to all who attended the heel meet. It is you that made it a lot of fun, and it was great to meet in person for the first time like minded people.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think the guy at the Italian restaurant was the owner. On our way out the door, he approached Shafted and said, "I like your boots" Shafted said, "thanks" Then a look of hypnotic control and a smile lit over this guys face. Its almost like he was talking to himself when he uttered the words, "I want them" LOL

I'm still not sure if it was the best decision to cancel my participation at the NYC heel meeting. Jan and me had planned to combine our participation at the meeting with a common indian summer holyday in the environment of New York. Jan was one of my best friends and he died some weeks ago unexpected by a brain infarct :evil: I thought that my job could be the problem but then I lost suddenly my travel companion. Nevertheless life must go on. I was curious on your report from NYC. You all have sent a lot of interesting reports and pictures. Encourageing to contribute again at the next meeting! nice greetings micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!