NYC Heel Meet: Halloween Weekend, Sat. Oct. 28th 12:00 p.m.

kneehighs

Micha, let me extend my condolences on the loss of your friend. It is a shock when one is taken away abruptly and words are so empty and meaningless against the void left by the departed person.

Have a happy time!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSW was a lot of fun, and the woman that wanted my thigh boots was indeed disappointed when she found out that she could not buy them there at the store. I just wish that kneehighs could have caught more on video of me trying on that wonderful pair of boots before being found out by store staff.

The store staff didn't allow videotaping? I never heard of that...

I saw the look of disappointment in her face from the video, she is a beautiful woman with miles of legs. :D I would have tried to strike a conversation with her and see if she'd like to try those thigh boots. :D

Those Cole Haan boots are certainly wonderful as I have the same pair as you in black leather. It's only the price that is unforgiving. :evil:

I'm still not sure if it was the best decision to cancel my participation at the NYC heel meeting. Jan and me had planned to combine our participation at the meeting with a common indian summer holyday in the environment of New York. Jan was one of my best friends and he died some weeks ago unexpected by a brain infarct :evil: I thought that my job could be the problem but then I lost suddenly my travel companion.

Nevertheless life must go on. I was curious on your report from NYC. You all have sent a lot of interesting reports and pictures. Encourageing to contribute again at the next meeting!

nice greetings

micha

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, micha. It is totally understandable why you cancelled your participation for this meet because of that as it would be difficult to have a good time while you are mourning.

As you said, life must (and will) go on...

Hi Micha! I don't think you made a mistake at by staying in Germany instead of coming to the nyc meet. Heck, there's always the upcoming London meet, and we'll have even more people this year. As I said in my emails to you, I hope all is well on your side of the Atlantic.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Hi Micha!

I don't think you made a mistake at by staying in Germany instead of coming to the nyc meet.

Heck, there's always the upcoming London meet, and we'll have even more people this year.

As I said in my emails to you, I hope all is well on your side of the Atlantic.

Thank you Kneehighs and also my thanks to all the other dear members who expressed their condolence. If Jan were still alive the mood on my side of the Atlantic were definetely better.

But as I just said, life is going on. I were glad if next springs or summer a common meeting in London or Amsterdam would take place again. I'll try to come at least to one meeting. I'm a high heels addicted like you and a common male heels outing is always a fun!

By the way: I'm wearing the most time high heels on the street. Not fetish boots but more moderate styles like cowgirl boots, high heeled clogs or sandals in the summer and naturally pointy black boots under flared jeans just like you(*g*). My newest style on the street are grey leather boots with 3.5'' wedges worn over skinny black MS60-jeans.

And now I'm keen on more pictures from your meeting :evil:

cheers, micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Sorry to hear of your loss, Micha! It must be tough.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Once admirer5577 gets back to Sweden he'll have some more pics of us at New York City's Annual Halloween Parade. admirer5577, ramon020, HellOnHeels, me (kneehighs), and Pam all showed up for a spectacular evening. admirer5577 dressed as a pirate in his knee high boots, with the shafted folded down. ramon020 wore his kitten heels with a cape and some makeup...Eddie Izzard style. HellOnHeels wore 4" or 5" stilettos with a solid leather heel...he looked like a she-devil? pam changed into 4" stiletto pumps and I wore my 4" Nine West knee boots... Once my camera batteries are re-charged, I'll post a few pics later so everyone can see the great fun we had. The parade lasted at least 2 hours...

I'm still not sure if it was the best decision to cancel my participation at the NYC heel meeting. Jan and me had planned to combine our participation at the meeting with a common indian summer holyday in the environment of New York. Jan was one of my best friends and he died some weeks ago unexpected by a brain infarct :D I thought that my job could be the problem but then I lost suddenly my travel companion.

Nevertheless life must go on. I was curious on your report from NYC. You all have sent a lot of interesting reports and pictures. Encourageing to contribute again at the next meeting!

nice greetings

micha

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Micha. Please accept my warmest regards.

Once admirer5577 gets back to Sweden he'll have some more pics of us at New York City's Annual Halloween Parade. admirer5577, ramon020, HellOnHeels, me (kneehighs), and Pam all showed up for a spectacular evening.

admirer5577 dressed as a pirate in his knee high boots, with the shafted folded down.

ramon020 wore his kitten heels with a cape and some makeup...Eddie Izzard style.

HellOnHeels wore 4" or 5" stilettos with a solid leather heel...he looked like a she-devil?

pam changed into 4" stiletto pumps

and I wore my 4" Nine West knee boots...

Dude! I'm so freakin' envious! Must have been an absolute blast! I'm wondering what my cousin, who's nine years older than me, would have thought about my dressing up as a lady pirate...

Once my camera batteries are re-charged, I'll post a few pics later so everyone can see the great fun we had. The parade lasted at least 2 hours...

And, um, it being two days since Halloween, I have to ask - just how long does it take your camera batteries to recharge...

Yes, I'm impatient to see the pictoral results of what I really wanted to attend but missed because of a STUPID :evil: inspection at work!

Posted Image

HellOnHeels, admirer5577, ramon020

Posted Image

Various people put together outfits as a group. Some people dressed like the band KISS.

Posted Image

A picture of HellOnHeels' hand. He made this himself! :evil:

The Halloween parade/party in Manhattan is always an impressive spectacle. There were literally thousands upon thousands of people in spectacular and very sexy costumes. It seems like everwhere you looked there was a stiletto clicking down the street. Many drag queens both amateur and pro dress up to the hilt and really wow the crowds. Our group had a pretty good look as we were stopped many times by people asking to take our pictures. There are so many pictures of the night that it will take a few days for the guys to wade through them. I could not take any pictures since my costume was too tight to carry a camera. :evil:

Finally home again after 10 days of fun and adventure. Wow, is NYC a fun place or what? That city never closes and activities are on 24 hours per day. Anyway I just have to say that I really enjoyed meeting all you guys and had a really good time. As HOH, kneehighs and Shafted already have described our ativities there isn't much to add. ramon020 and I stayed in NYC until Thursday and did some more touristing and also went to some Broadway musicals. We both saw Avenue Q and I saw Mamma Mia too. Both great pieces. But I think the one of the biggest things must have been the Halloween. Not the parade so much as all the people dressing up for it. Some just had a devils tail and ears (a 1 minute job) but some must have spent the whole day just putting it on and probably the whole year to create and make/buy it. A really great experience. On the morning that day I visited Macy's and all their staff was in customes, great to see. Both me and ramon020 said that we want to go back. Maybe next Halloween or maybe already this coming spring if financies allows. On our way back to Europe we stopped two nights in Reykjavik/Iceland which was an experiance. Swimming in outdoor hot water lagoons in the middle of the night when the temp was 3-4C (38F). And we also saw some waterfalls and sprouting geysers. Unfortunately it was very windy when we should leave Sunday so all flight were delayed some 8-15 hours and I arrived home around 5 this morning. Ramon020 had to be rebooked and had to stay the night at a hotel in Copenhagen. Icelandair paid for that of course but it is still never fun to be so much delayed. I hope he has gotten home safely by now. I also much give a big thanks to all you guys I met there, especially kneehighs who spent a lot of time with us, but also Pam, Shafted and Hellonheels who had an amazing creation for Halloween. The staff at our hotel took some pics of us that night and they spoke with us in the morning after about how great we looked. BIG thanks to all you guys and I hope we will meet in London in March. Time hasn't allowed to to upload pics yet but hopefully there will be some soon.

admirer5577 Thanks for the update. Its always good to hear from special friends overseas and I'm really looking forward to seeing both you and ramon020 again in London.

Well, finally I am able to look back again at the forum and read the stories and comments of the others about the heel meet in NYC. I 've got a new internet-connection but it took some time to realize it. But today it was my day and I am happy to be back on the internet and forum again. I really had a great time in NYC. I think we saw a lot in one week. First day: empire state building, next day: dinner at the buddha bar, Central park, saturday: meeting at the italian restaurant (via delle....)shoeshopping, going out to club one. And further: meetpacking district,christopher street, 5th avenue, 8th street for shoeshopping, ground zero, harbour, china town,little italy, halloween shopping, halloween parade,theatre,and a lot more. The halloween was absolutely great!. I don't think we have something like this in Europe. It was unbelievable, so many people in halloween costumes and perfectly dressed as witches, superman,batman,monsters etc. I had to laugh the whole evening. It was so funny! Hell on heels was wearing a great devil costume and got a lot of attention from the spectatores all around. It was awesome that night! Well it was great to meet all of you people. And special thanks to kneehighs who made all the reservations at the restaurants and clubs and showed us around in NYC. It's a city that never sleeps indeed! Unfortunately me and admirer had very bad weather in iceland the days after new york and a terrible delay so I felt exhausted when I arrived back in Amsterdam. But I would like to return to NY another time. Well I will post some photos now , best regards.

Finally I have uploaded some pics for you guys to see. NYC was a blast as I have already said so enjoy the pics and make sure you go there some day. Maybe next Halloween?

/admirer

View from Empire State Building

Posted Image

Halloween parade for dogs; The Sheriff

Posted Image

Halloween parade for dogs: Hot dog

Posted Image

Halloween night; "The gang" at our hotel (don't know who the girls are)

Posted Image

Thanks a lot admirer5577 for the photos you have posted. I have adjusted them to my own collection of photos. Not to forget kneehighs who made a lot of pictures with the camera! I still have good memories to new york and have to think about it many times. Friends that I have showed pictures all said: I would like to go there too! Well next London meeting have to become fantastic too. Hope a lot of people will show up!

• 2 weeks later...

"Wonderful pictures, Admirer! Are you the red devil?"

Glad you liked the pics.

Nope, I am the pirate. HellOnHeels is the red devil, a great outfit I think. A lot of people wanted to have pics of him, not so many of me and ramon020 :biggrin:

/admirer

Hi Admirer,

next year we should meet in real life! What are your options for the next year? London or Amsterdam? I'm sure that kneehighs will be present at both meetings. Kneehighs is definetely necessary for every meeting - I like his engagement :rocker: Amsterdam is easier for me but London is always worthy a journey.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

... Amsterdam is easier for me but London is always worthy a journey.

nice greetings

micha

Thanks for the kind words micha.

After the meet in London, I'm flying out to Dublin for a few days, then Barcelona. After that, Ill be flying back home to JFK. I'm starting to doubt another trip back to Europe after the one in March as I have family in Central America that I'll probably visit instead.

I really, really hope to see you in London.

Hi Admirer,

next year we should meet in real life! What are your options for the next year? London or Amsterdam? I'm sure that kneehighs will be present at both meetings. Kneehighs is definetely necessary for every meeting - I like his engagement :rocker: Amsterdam is easier for me but London is always worthy a journey.

Hi micha

I'll be in London next March, but as far as I know nothing is planned for Amsterdam. At least not yet. But don't you have some things going on in Germany? I have heard about the korsika meeting but that is the week after London so a little bit tight in time.

I live only a 4 hour drive north from Hamburg so I can be up for any suggestion in Germany, what do you say?

Next week-end I'll be in Paris, shopping,shopping, shopping...... Would be fun to meet some French people but there don't seem to be so many on this list, I guess they stay on French forums. Unfortunately my french is not good enough to find such places. :biggrin:

Didn't you have a sister that lived in Paris? Any chance you/she can "dig" up some french sites/forums?

/admirer aka the pirate