NYC Heel Meet: Halloween Weekend, Sat. Oct. 28th 12:00 p.m.

kneehighs

Announcing a Halloween Weekend Heel Meet in NYC

You guys can't miss this one. This heel meet is scheduled for the

Saturday directly preceeding Halloween on Tuesday. Therefore, its the weekend the city gets together to celebrate halloween. The Halloween parade on Tuesday in nyc is a major event. Last year, 2 million people attended. Thats more than were at Times Square during New Years Eve (source: http://www.halloween-nyc.com/index.php). Some people spend the entire year perfecting their costume for this parade which usually lasts 1.5-2 hours. Its quite a spectacle and the worlds biggest halloween parade.

While the meet will not be scheduled for Tuesday, do you think the people of New York City will be celebrating Halloween on Saturday the 28th?

You bet your life they will. This is an amazing chance for the more timid freestyler to get out and experience the best of liberation in one of the best cities in the world. The weather won't be too cold, nor too hot. There aren't that many tourists in the city at this time of year--making sidewalk navigation easier.

And the energy! Oh the energy of the Big Apple at Halloween is intoxicating. The ambiance of this great city is amazingly liberal and tolerant to begin with. How much more open minded does this world class city become during halloween! Words can't express it!

You are hereby encouraged to get your heels on and come to the next hhplace heel meet in New York City. We have members flying all the way in from Sweden, Amsterdam, possibly Germany and possibly England too. This will be an amazing treat to the senses as well as a great chance to have fun with other people of like minded interest.

Here's the plan

Time: 12:00 - 12:30

Place: Via Delle Zoccolette

Address:

95 Avenue A, corner at 6th Street

See This MAP? Via Delle Zoccolette is on the lower Left Hand Corner of Tompkins Square Park

--this is not a restaurant that tourists visit. It is a "local" secret. The Lunch Prix fix (3 courses + OJ + Coffee or Tea =$9.95)

I have personally visited this restaurant and found their Contadina salad (mixed greens, balsamic dressing, pears, and Pecorino) delicious.

If you are lost, or will be late, please call either Gary0618 or me

1. kneehighs cell (347) 297-9236

yes, thats a new york city cell phone #

2. Gary0618's cell (856) 383-3889

Hundreds different pooches are dressed up in costumes for this mini parade for dogs! Its right in Tompkins Square Park, which is where the restaurant we are meeting at is located. We can stop here for a few minutes...

http://www.firstrunfriends.org/

...Your dog can win you an iPod Nano. On October 28th, hundreds of costumed canines and thousand of spectators will march on Tompkins Square Park to participate in the country¹s largest Halloween parade for dogs. This year, the pooches will be competing for over $5,000 in prizes (categories include Best in Show, Best Owner & Dog Costume, and Best Trick). Prizes will include two Apple iPod Nano MP3 Players and a weekend getaway for pooch and owner. All proceeds go to the N. Y. Parks department for the renovation of First Run -- the city's oldest dog run.

While I feel the best part about heel meets is talking and having fun getting to know one another, we have to include some shoe shopping for the serious shoe fanatics among us. And to do that, we'll include a walk

past Saint Marks Place. Then we will walk past Washington Square Park. From there, we'll walk Uptown (north) to Eight Street. At eigth street, we'll walk westbound towards the Hudson along Avenue of Shoe Shops. Literally, this area bound by 6th and Broadway is saturated with independently operated shoe shops, a gothic shop, and lots of interesting shops.

Then we will walk uptown to Union Square. There we will find a DSW, a huge four story Barnes and Noble, Aldos, Nine West, Diesel, a Home Foods Market and a variety of shops.

Yes, just for fun, we are going to find a quiet street and have a race! Yup, 50 yards! But those that participate must agree to being filmed, as this fun has to be shared with the rest of the forum!

We will be going to Webster Hall

http://www.websterhall.com

or

Albion-Batcave

http://www.albionclub.com/

p.s. Be sure to bring a messenger bag with you. You can carry a change of shoes in them if your feet get tired or sore.

probable attendees

1. Gary0618--New Jersey

2. Gary0618's wife--New Jersey

3. crotchhiboots--upstate New York

4. kneehighs--new york city

5. Shafted--Maine

6. pam--new york city

7. admirer5577--Sweden

8. ramon020--Holland

9. fashionablefun

possible attendees

1. Bert

2. w6ish

3. the snowball

4. cumsonbootsandleather

5. RPMindy

No pictures will be posted on the internet without pre-approved individual consent. There were members present in London whose pics do not appear here. The same privacy and respect will be honored in nyc as well

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My train and hotel are booked! Can't wait to meet other members! I'll be arriving in New York around 6PM on the 27th. I'll be staying at Hotel Pennsylvania.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

details to be announced.

probable attendees

1. Gary0618 and wife

2. crotchhiboots

3. kneehighs

4. Shafted

5. pam

Hi kneehighs,

you are really an enthusiastic in our common hobby :D

I don't know what will be at the end of october. But I'm really interested to meet you again in your hometown. Guy's heel meetings as opportunity to visit the world - a funny idea! And I have still to wipe out my absence from the Amsterdam meeting :evil:

I'm just returning from an internet research on cheap flights to NYC. The result: that should be payable. I hope that New York isn't more expensive than London. If not, put me also on the list of the possible attendees. If I say yes, I'll be definitely there because missing a booked flight is very expensive. I wouldn't care for the work or bad weather.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi kneehighs,

you are really an enthusiastic in our common hobby :D

I don't know what will be at the end of october. But I'm really interested to meet you again in your hometown. Guy's heel meetings as opportunity to visit the world - a funny idea! And I have still to wipe out my absence from the Amsterdam meeting :evil:

it would be an amazing pleasure to meet you again in nyc, micha!

I'm just returning from an internet research on cheap flights to NYC. The result: that should be payable. I hope that New York isn't more expensive than London. If not, put me also on the list of the possible attendees. If I say yes, I'll be definitely there because missing a booked flight is very expensive. I wouldn't care for the work or bad weather.

nice greetings

micha

micha, the prices in new york city are like the prices in london, for the most part. The BIG difference? The prices are in U.S. Dollars, not British Pounds. A subway ride is $2 U.S., a bottle of beer is usually $4-6 U.S....so the essentials are comparatively cheap--especially since you will be exchaning your Euros for Dollars.

If you are interested in the most reasonably priced accomodation in a really central location, you should look into booking a room at the Penn Hotel, where Shafted is staying.

For those who are thinking of coming to NYC, here's an excellent map of midtown and lower Manhattan. It prints with great detail, even on 11" X 17".

http://www.manhattanofficespace.com/images/Street%20Map.JPG

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

details to be announced.

probable attendees

1. Gary0618 and wife

2. crotchhiboots

3. kneehighs

4. Shafted

5. pam

6. admirer5577

possible attendees

1. micha

Very nice from you Kneehighs, that you invented especially for me a new category :evil: I meant naturally "probable attendees".

Last weekend I asked my friend Jan for a common travel. He is interested too. We both have never been in the USA. New York is guaranteed worth of a visit!

We agreed that a 3-days trip is too short for a flight to America. Can we still expect at the end of october the typical "indian summer"? We were pondering about renting a car and driving to the Appalachian Mountains or the coast of Maine. But isnt this all too far? As a german guy I'm used to distances of 200 or 300 miles. Compared with the USA my country is really small. Texas or California are definitely bigger than Germany. Only the guys from the Netherlands have the right to protest. For them Germany is a big country. But they are comparing their own country with Massachusetts, Switzerland or even with Luxemburg.

My questions: what is realistic for a tour into the wilderness of the backlands of NYC? Are there in the vicinity of New York attractive places for climbing or hiking? I don't expect an answer for my very special questions but may be, that you have some good advices :D

nice greetings

micha

Hi there.... I won't be attending the 'outing' but... I do live about 75 miles north of NYC - in the hear of the Appalachian Mountain Trailway. There is a lot of walking, wilderness, and hiking in the area. It's less than a 2 hour's drive from NYC and is rather scenic.

You can Google "Hudson Valley" and look at Dutchess County for a lot of information. Also, check out this link: http://www.amc-ny.org/

Hope you can make the trip - it's worth it!!

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

Thank you JL for your nice and informative answer! Are you member in the AMC? I'm a member of the Frankfurt section of the German Alpine Club (DAV = Deutscher Alpenverein). Presumable the only male member of more than 6000 members that is daring to wear high heels on the street :D But why are you already yet sure not to appear? You are living only 75 miles apart from NY (half way to Albany?) and I'm convinced that you will be endless happy after overcoming your fears for your first outing on high heels.

The risk to encounter in NY people of your hometown is guaranteed nearly zero. I' m wearing regularly high heels in my neighbourhood. Just around the corner and until today I wasn't slaughtered.

For me a trip to New York is a more than 4000 miles flight over the atlantic ocean. I can't promise at the moment to appear at the NY meeting. Jan and me are still discussing about the length of our trip. I hope that we will find a compromise - for example 10 days. IMO you should dare the jump into the cold water and join the meeting. No risk, no fun :D

I would be glad if we should encounter in New York ...

micha

But why are you already yet sure not to appear? You are living only 75 miles apart from NY (half way to Albany?) and I'm convinced that you will be endless happy after overcoming your fears for your first outing on high heels.

The risk to encounter in NY people of your hometown is guaranteed nearly zero. I' m wearing regularly high heels in my neighbourhood. Just around the corner and until today I wasn't slaughtered.

For me a trip to New York is a more than 4000 miles flight over the atlantic ocean. I can't promise at the moment to appear at the NY meeting. Jan and me are still discussing about the length of our trip. I hope that we will find a compromise - for example 10 days. IMO you should dare the jump into the cold water and join the meeting. No risk, no fun :evil:

I would be glad if we should encounter in New York ...

Actually... I would like to go and meet and greet, BUT... I am having shoulder surgery the following week and am going away with my wife the weekend of the outing. It's safe to assume that she'd not be too happy about me cancelling it then going away without her instead.

This all coupled with the face that I am not yet skilled enough to walk in heels for more than a couple of hours on carpet let alone on pavement.

Perhaps if there is another one in the future I'll be able to attend.

As for membership in the hiking group - not me... Not a hiker. Not athletic at all as a matter of fact. I tried to be athletic by joining a gym and that's how I tore my shoulder - in 5 places!!

Anyway -- safe travels!!

Jeff.

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

micha Hey micha, sorry I didn't get to your question earlier, but if you google Bear Mountain, you'll find a nearby hikers paradise. Its full of many trails and within an hours drive of new york city.

http://www.nynjtc.org/BearMountainTrails/index.html

A friend recommended this area. Something worth looking into for sure.

Here's another site with links to hiking trails throughout new york city:

http://www.trails.com/activity.asp?area=11416

Here's a quote from another post I made on the legal rights of freestylers as protected by New York City law. admirer5577 and I had a short discussion about this over drinks in Amsterdam and I thought it relevant to include this brief summary here. I very highly doubt that we'll be filing complaints in the nearest courthouse, but it does make for interesting reading.

SUMMARY

New York City has to be one of the friendliest street heeling cities in the United States. The laws are in our favor here in nyc, so people are encouraged to move here and enjoy the laws protection to the fullest extent. The statutory definition of gender includes a man in heels (8-102). That definition can be applied if you are denied access to a public accomodation (8-107.4). That statutory definition also includes prohibitions against harassment from the general public while street heeling (8-602). And you have a private cause of action to enforce the law which means that instead of having to rely on some governmental entity to enforce the law (similar to the FTC, FCC, or SEC), you can initiate a lawsuit pro se or through an attorney (8-502). These laws are applicable in all five buroughs of the city: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, and Staten Island. Which means that if you are street heeling in the dark alleys of the South Bronx you are still protected. The legislative framework for publicly protected street heeling has already been made law and herein lies a brief review of the judicial enforcement vehicle for your convenience.

EXPLANATION

First, check out the New York City Administrative Code's definition of the word gender:

Second, and of significance for future heel meets, is section 4.

Since this is the section of the NYC Admin Code that is very applicable to street heeling in nyc, I have revised and divided the last paragraph for easier reading:

So in laymans terms, "public accomodations" refers to providers of goods and services to the public. Restaurants, hospitals, stores, theaters, and even government service providers would be covered under this statute.

Imagine a group of five guys in heels being denied access to an upscale restaurant in nyc!

Third, the law also includes protections against discriminatory harassment on the basis of a man wearing high heels.

So its illegal to knowingly intimidate, threaten, or oppress a man for wearing high heels in nyc. How about that?

Now, the best part about the nyc law is that there is actually a PRIVATE RIGHT OF ACTION. That means that you as an individual can sue the offending party directly for it is your private privilege. Enforcement is not an exclusively governmental agency privilege. Some U.S. laws can only be enforced through governmental agencies like the SEC, FCC, or FTC. That is not the case here.

So as long as you file your lawsuit within the very liberal 3 YEAR Statute of Limitations in nyc (pursuant to subsection d), you can sue that bouncer, or sue that bartender, the manager, or better yet, sue each and every one of them including the deep pockets of the corporation itself. The above structure basically spoon feeds you the outline for a lawsuit.

CONCLUSION

The statutory definition of gender inlcudes a man in heels (8-102). That definition can be applied whether you are denied access to a restaurant, a hotel, or a boutique (8-107.4). It can most especially be applied if you are harassed by someone on the street--which could arguably include being made fun of by passerbyers (8-602). And you have a private cause of action to enforce the law too (8-502). The legislative branch of the local government sure has done their job to protect the legal rights of a man to wear heels. The judicial aspect is a privilege for the private individual to pursue should he/she choose to do so.

I can't believe its taken me so long to dig into nyc's very liberal laws protecting street heeling men. Street heel away guys!

references

all laws can be found here:

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi

click on laws of new york

then scroll to the very bottom of the screen and click on ADC

^ Of course its okay if you come. :evil: My cell phone number is posted above in the first link if you would like to talk. If you call, just please identify yourself by your forum name, that way I know who is calling me.

Introducing Budget Alternatives To Hotels in New York City

Through some research I've done for admirer5577 and ramon020, I've recently discovered the following accomodations that offer great alternatives to the standard hotel. They come via the recommendation of Pauline Frommer, daughter of Arthur Frommer (http://www.frommers.com). She gears her book for the adult budget traveler too. Here are the three sites she recommended in Pauline Frommer's New York City:

http://www.affordablenewyorkcity.com

http://www.citysonnet.com

http://www.nyhabitat.com

October 26-29 is Superama, the national Arthur Murray ballroom dance competition, held in New Orleans this year. No, I won't be there, either, due to cost and dance and work schedules. Have a new project that won't let me get away for months, maybe($).

Heel Meet Information Finalized in first post of this thread

:evil:

People!

Don't be shy.

If you might be interested in coming to new york city's heel meet but still have questions, call me!

Just identify yourself right away so I know who you are.

I don't bite!

Craig

I told the wife about the heel meet in NYC...sounds like fun..but for now we are just talking...Just wondering if anybody in the GTA area will be goin down for the meet... Something else...what kind of heels should one be wearing..or what kind of heels will everybody else be wearing...will some be discrete,or will some be very obvious... I myself stand at 6 feet 230lbs without heels on.. Who knows..maybe the wife and I will be able to make it down,thats if we can save up some money from now till then... James

I'll be wearing a very obvious pair of stiletto boots.

I told the wife about the heel meet in NYC...sounds like fun..but for now we are just talking...Just wondering if anybody in the GTA area will be goin down for the meet...

Something else...what kind of heels should one be wearing..or what kind of heels will everybody else be wearing...will some be discrete,or will some be very obvious...

I myself stand at 6 feet 230lbs without heels on..

Who knows..maybe the wife and I will be able to make it down,thats if we can save up some money from now till then...

James

Hi James

Heels are not mandatory, but they are nice! I'll be stilettos, but will also bring a change of shoes in my messenger bag.

In all the past heel meets, we have a few who choose not to wear heels, which is fine and respected by all attendees.

Hope to see you there. :evil:

I'll probably be wearing stiletto boots or pumps, 4-5". Maybe not so very obvious, but who knows.... My trip (together with Ramon020 from Holland) is finalized, We'll arrive in the evening the 26:th and leave the 2:nd of November. Yep, we are there to watch the parade the 31:st too and to do some general touristing. Neither one of us have been in NYC before so we are really looking forward to see the city and to see you american guys. /admirer

My wife Katherine and I may be wearing the same Steve Madden 4" heeled western styled boots. We also will bring a change of footwear.

During the last New York City Meet, I made it about 12 hours in my 4" Harley Davidson Boots.

And James.... I am 6 foot tall and over 240 lbs. So! Come out and join Us.

Gary0618 and Katherine

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

After hearing back from six people: 3 voted for a fetish club to finish the night off 3 voted against fetish club and opted for something more mainstream Thus, I am looking into either finishing the night off at 1. Goth club--albion batcave...I have worn my knee high boots with shorts here without any incident whatsoever. Getting in the door is about $10-$15, young crowd, one floor. 2. Webster Hall--getting in the door? Advance tickets can usually be had for $15 per person, perhaps more for Halloween. All ages, 4 floors, 45,000 square feet with 4 different dance floors.

Guest PittsburghFemme

I might be joining from Pittsburgh, but I am kind of new here. I'd like to get to know a few people first. NY will be awesome for the Halloween weekend! I hope e few people who are regulars and if they are going Email me thank you!

I might be joining from Pittsburgh, but I am kind of new here. I'd like to get to know a few people first. NY will be awesome for the Halloween weekend!

I hope e few people who are regulars and if they are going Email me

thank you!

:evil:

Welcome to the forum! You have a private message waiting for you in your in box.

You would be more than welcome to join us on Saturday. (and Friday and Sunday too if you want).

:D

1. Goth club--albion batcave...I have worn my knee high boots with shorts here without any incident whatsoever. Getting in the door is about $10-$15, young crowd, one floor.

Shorts? You kept that quiet!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

This post is to inform everyone that I am doing my homework on a daily basis to see where we will go on Sat. night.

In the meantime, we might want to visit the DOG HALLOWEEN PARADE in Tompkins Square Park, which is right next to where we will be dining. At this event, dog owners will be dressing up their dogs in costumes starting at 12 noon.

http://www.firstrunfriends.org/

Your dog can win you an iPod Nano. On October 28th' date=' hundreds of costumed canines and thousand of spectators will march on Tompkins Square Park to participate in the country¹s largest Halloween parade for dogs. This year, the pooches will be competing for over $5,000 in prizes (categories include Best in Show, Best Owner & Dog Costume, and Best Trick). Prizes will include two Apple iPod Nano MP3 Players and a weekend getaway for pooch and owner. All proceeds go to the N. Y. Parks department for the renovation of First Run -- the city's oldest dog run.[/quote']

I've also discovered that the Museum of Sex will be hodling a masquerade ball on 10/28, but no details have been announced yet.