heels at home.....

Samantha

Alexa, what material are your good shoes and boots which you would not want to wear outdoors in case of rain or snow? Is it suede, leather, lambskin or satin footwear? Regarding wearing three pairs of socks at once, I have not done that before. I wear pantyhose and socks as cushioning for high heels. The higher the heel, the more cushioning I need. I also find high heel boots that have a thick fur lining as the plush fur provides yet another layer of padding. I would only wear more socks if the heel was even higher but the higher heeled boots don't have the fur lining so 3 inches heels plus one layer of pantyhose and one pair of woolly socks is probably max for me. Unless of course one day I find a pair of boots with a really high heel that also have the fur lining :wave: Alexa, you don't use gel pads or socks at all when you go for those super high heels?

There are a couple of pairs of boots for which I've got some padded insoles. I have some Demonia platform styles where the insole that they came with disintegrated eventually and left me with a footbed which appeared to be made of lumpy cardboard. This wasn't very comfortable to walk on. Not because the angle of my foot is very steep in these boots, but because it was so lumpy. So I got some of these

http://www.summersoles.com/order_2_suede.htm

They're a bit deaer than some insoles, bu they come in interesting colours and fun animal prints, and as I've said before, I like shoes with interesting patterns and colours inside. Absorbent and comfortable too, so you don't feel sweaty!

Alexa

I like the pattern on those insoles. Much less boring then the Dr Scholes ones which they seem to sell at most pharmacies. However, when you insert cushioning insoles into shoes, do you find that they sometimes press your foot up against the top of the shoe? I found that gel inserts, which I really like if only they did not press my foot up against the top of the shoe, were effective. The reason I opted for pantyhose and socks is because with those, I can wear boots of a larger size and the pantyhose and socks will fill in the empty space all around as opposed to just on the bottom. I'm glad that inserts can work for you though Alexa so you don't have to constantly have hot feet everytime you want to wear high heels :wave:

I most definately wear my heels in the comfort at home. Not just for practise but also since it feels nice knowing you look good at home as well as work. This together with some nice lingerie and your evening is complete :wave:

Yes, it feels good glancing down at your feet and seeing how good they look, it's great catching a glimpse of yourself in a mirror or window as you walk around, and I enjoy wiggling my toes and feeling around inside my shoe, especially if I'm wearing somethig gorgeous. Plus it's good practice for walking around outside. Alexa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I will oftentimes wear heels at home to break in a new pair before taking them outside. That way, when they start to hurt, I can slip into something more comfortable without it being a big deal or having to carry a pair of flats in my purse!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, MartaGanz I too love your around the house heels.They look really cute.I just bought a pair of beaded mules I found at a consignment store today. They only have about a 1" heel but coundnt pass up the neat design

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I don't mind being in one bit at home, whether just getting home from a day at the office, or getting ready for a night out. I have always found my heels comfortable to be in and I have always felt confident and sexy.

I have quite the collection of 4" & 5" heels and of course in boots too!

• Like 6

I'm with Jessika on this one. I usually wear my heels in the house when I'm up and around - I just find it more comfortable. When I'm on the couch watching TV or sitting at the table for dinner I will many times slide them off. But once I'm back up and walking, it's back into the heels. Carol :fine:

• Like 6

• 10 months later...